Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

CPU is correctly recognized.

The problem regarding only memory.

I'll check it again when I get home but the memory detection was definitely working for me with the latest version (it's one of the fix's that I specifically tested).

On my previous build it wasn't picking up the fsb or spd settings, in fact it wasn't even picking up the manufacturer, however with the current build I'm fairly certain that it is correctly picking up the details from my Ripjaws.

I'll take a look when I get home and post back to confirm.

add Kabyl-Lion V2

I add the "slice's kernelcach fix" from mozodojo branch

(NO SANDY)

If the test and the feedback are positive I propose the "patch/update" at voodooprojects (as I propose via PM with Kabyl)

Enjoy

Fabio

I'll check it again when I get home but the memory detection was definitely working for me with the latest version (it's one of the fix's that I specifically tested).

On my previous build it wasn't picking up the fsb or spd settings, in fact it wasn't even picking up the manufacturer, however with the current build I'm fairly certain that it is correctly picking up the details from my Ripjaws.

I'll take a look when I get home and post back to confirm.

Hi,

Got different speed on identical modules, tried other modules and got always the same result (Snow and Lion / Chameleons and AnVal). XPC gives correct values.

post-69729-1304597691_thumb.png

CPU is recognised as Core i5 desktop (0x601) but my one is mobile (0x602)

post-69729-1304598082_thumb.png

Always get memory error under Diagnostics

post-69729-1304599425_thumb.png

Found in my SMBIOS (dumped under Ubuntu) for first DIMM

Handle 0x002B, DMI type 17, 28 bytes
Memory Device
Array Handle: 0x0029
[color="#FF0000"]Error Information Handle: 0x002D[/color]
Total Width: 64 bits
Data Width: 64 bits
Size: 4096 MB
Form Factor: SODIMM
Set: None
Locator: DIMM0
Bank Locator: BANK 0
Type: <OUT OF SPEC>
Type Detail: Synchronous
Speed: 1067 MHz (0.9 ns)
Manufacturer: Kingston
Serial Number: 672D1507
Asset Tag: Unknown
Part Number: 9905428-020.A00LF

Handle 0x002D, DMI type 18, 23 bytes
32-bit Memory Error Information
[color="#FF0000"]Type: OK[/color]
Granularity: Unknown
Operation: Unknown
Vendor Syndrome: Unknown
Memory Array Address: Unknown
Device Address: Unknown
Resolution: Unknown

and second DIMM

Handle 0x002E, DMI type 17, 28 bytes
Memory Device
Array Handle: 0x0029
Error Information Handle: No Error
Total Width: 64 bits
Data Width: 64 bits
Size: 4096 MB
Form Factor: SODIMM
Set: None
Locator: DIMM2
Bank Locator: BANK 2
Type: <OUT OF SPEC>
Type Detail: Synchronous
Speed: 1067 MHz (0.9 ns)
Manufacturer: Kingston
Serial Number: 422CB0FA
Asset Tag: Unknown
Part Number: 9905428-020.A00LF

Can't load any custom acpi tables except DSDT. bdmesg.zip

- Removed -x32 and arch=i386 option, use i386 instead -

Only arch=i386 works for me in Snow but nothing in Lion, always booting in 64-bit mode.

EDIT: Boot Lion in 32-bit mode and Snow in 64-bit mode

<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>

Why not to use values from factory SMBIOS e.g. if UseMemDetect=No?

More SMBIOS tables/values patching would be a great feature to fake OS as we use original Macs.

My_plists.zipMy_SMBIOS.zipSMBIOS_spec_DSP0134_2.7.1.pdf

Memory's problem resolved ;)

memoryg.png

This is my smbios.plist:

<key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
   <string>G.Skill</string>
   <key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
   <string>G.Skill</string>
   <key>SMmemmanufacter_4</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmempart_1</key>
   <string>F3-12800CL7D-[color="#0000FF"]2[/color]GBXM</string> // changed from [color="#0000FF"]4[/color] according to BIOS
   <key>SMmempart_2</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmempart_3</key>
   <string>F3-12800CL7D-[color="#0000FF"]2[/color]GBXM</string> // changed from [color="#0000FF"]4[/color] according to BIOS
   <key>SMmempart_4</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemserial_1</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemserial_2</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemserial_3</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemserial_4</key>
   <string>N/A</string>
   <key>SMmemspeed</key>
   <string>1600</string>
   <key>SMmemtype</key>
   <string>24</string>

According to G.Skill's datasheet my mempart should be F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM.

Don't know why if I put F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM in smbios.plist System Profiler gives me the error regarding memory's values reading.

add Kabyl-Lion V2

(NO SANDY)

If the test and the feedback are positive I propose the "patch/update" at voodooprojects (as I propose via PM with Kabyl)

Enjoy

Fabio

As my test on my pc as below, it shows as 756 05-05 13:48:13.

Both 32 & 64 work fine with Lion & Snow, /E/E/*.kexts,and /E/dsdt.aml were loaded fine. But I don't know how to confirm the "slice's kernelcach fix" things.

CPU is correctly recognized.

The problem regarding only memory.

Weird, here's what mine shows post-780955-1304619395_thumb.jpg and that's not using an smbios file :(

Sorry about the lousy quality but had to use my phone camera for the pic because screenshots not working - probably because of the 6970 and no kexts loaded for it :P

Weird, here's what mine shows and that's not using an smbios file :(

Sorry about the lousy quality but had to use my phone camera for the pic because screenshots not working - probably because of the 6970 and no kexts loaded for it :P

Andy,

Thanks for your nice work, mine is working too.

But, I wonder about that, is it possible to reload com.apple.Boot.plist from second partition or logical partition which I have selected. Cause of I install XP, Win7, Snow on partition 1,2,3, and install Lion on logical partition 8. The booter always loads Boot.plist from Snow. my bdmesg is attached fyi.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 462 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/Themes/Default/theme.plist] 2798 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/mach_kernel] 7851296 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/Extra/Extensions/ACPIMonitor.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 2011 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/System/Library/Extensions/ACard6280ATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist] 1850 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/Themes/Default/font_small.png] 5525 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist] 462 bytes. .....................[works fine]

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 476 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/Extra/SMBIOS.plist] 470 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 38540 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,8)/Extra/Themes/Default/boot.png] 6461 bytes.

[EDIT]

Forget my problem, I found it had already been solved. I can setup to boot 64bits on Snow and 32bits on Lion, the Boot.plist can be loaded from each selected partition and works fine.

Chameleon_RC5_755_LionAndy_SNBv3(final) and Chameleon_RC5_755_Lion_SnowV7 both work fine.

bdmesg.txt

post-61100-1304623650_thumb.png

No one is having the kernel issues I mentioned earlier?

I simply can't use any MSN related programs.

MSN 8:

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2011-05-05 17:21:25 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Messenger
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Messenger
Application Signature: MSNS
Application Version: 8.0.0.100825
Crashed Module Name: unknown
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: unknown
Blame Module Name: unknown
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: unknown
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=English Loc=0x0409 
Crashed thread: 0

AMSN:

Process:		 aMSN [356]
Path:			/Applications/aMSN.app/Contents/MacOS/aMSN
Identifier:	  com.tcltk.wish.amsn
Version:		 0.98.4 (0.98.4)
Code Type:	   X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [109]

Date/Time:	   2011-05-05 18:44:21.969 +0000
OS Version:	  Mac OS X 10.7 (11A444d)
Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:		  4428 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:		   5
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  81 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1
Anonymous UUID:					  AB8C7CE7-7BB2-405E-818D-E773B1879154

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000001786a391

VM Regions Near 0x1786a391:
MALLOC_SMALL (freed)   0000000012000000-0000000014000000 [ 32.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
__TEXT				 0000000064b00000-0000000064b07000 [   28K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Print.framework/Versions/A/Print

Adium:

Process:		 Adium [384]
Path:			/Applications/Adium.app/Contents/MacOS/Adium
Identifier:	  com.adiumX.adiumX
Version:		 1.4 (1.4)
Code Type:	   X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [109]

Date/Time:	   2011-05-05 18:48:36.864 +0000
OS Version:	  Mac OS X 10.7 (11A444d)
Report Version:  9

Interval Since Last Report:		  4683 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:		   6
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  392 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   2
Anonymous UUID:					  AB8C7CE7-7BB2-405E-818D-E773B1879154

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
--> __PAGEZERO			 0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [	4K] ---/--- SM=NUL  /Applications/Adium.app/Contents/MacOS/Adium
__TEXT				 0000000000001000-00000000001a0000 [ 1660K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adium.app/Contents/MacOS/Adium

On my sandy bridge system, gigabyte h67ma-ud2h-b3 with core i7-2600k, using ^Andy^'s versions of /boot cause an immediate reboot, before even presenting a menu. Most other boot loaders I've tried ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url],xpc,clover) either crash or hang after the OSX lion install disk has been selected via the gui. I know I have a successfully constructed my install usb disk as I successfully installed from it on a non-sandy bridge system.

I've tried the versions andy posted in post #103, #181, and tested with both integrated and discrete (ati) graphics.

I'm not clear whether there is some version in post #1 that is considered better than andy's posts? Most posts claim no sandy bridge support. With so many bootloaders floating around claiming lion support, I'm pretty confused why none of them seem to work on my sandy bridge system.

On my sandy bridge system, gigabyte h67ma-ud2h-b3 with core i7-2600k, using ^Andy^'s versions of /boot cause an immediate reboot, before even presenting a menu. Most other boot loaders I've tried ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url],xpc,clover) either crash or hang after the OSX lion install disk has been selected via the gui. I know I have a successfully constructed my install usb disk as I successfully installed from it on a non-sandy bridge system.

I've tried the versions andy posted in post #103, #181, and tested with both integrated and discrete (ati) graphics.

I'm not clear whether there is some version in post #1 that is considered better than andy's posts? Most posts claim no sandy bridge support. With so many bootloaders floating around claiming lion support, I'm pretty confused why none of them seem to work on my sandy bridge system.

Hey at least mine crashes FASTER! :unsure:

Can you boot snow leopard or the snow leopard install dvd ok on your system using any of the bootloaders you have tried because my initial guess would be that your boot usb does not have the sandy bridge mach_kernel on it.

Hi...

I had success (Lion DP1) with Chameleon from here at post #44

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...55687&st=40

I put FakeSMC at the root...

At restored partition I copied the "packages" to proper place and and my SL "Extra" folder with edited com.appleBoot.plist..to the root of restored "base System"and copied "FakeSMC" to S/L/E and repaired permissions at each step with "kext wizard 3.3"

my boot .plist...attached

c.frio

com.apple.Boot.txt

As I know, you can use 10.7.3 mach_kernel on snow by setup the BIOS busratio to be default-1, otherwise you need to use legacy_kernel. If I5 2500K is 33, then you need to setup it to be 32. You can try it on Lion. (I don't have SNB to try it.)

Hey man, I reinstalled you bootloader and now all appears to be ok :unsure:

memorys.png

Thanks for your work man, really appreciated.

Odd, you must have still had the original version from a few days ago. Oh well at least it's working now ;)

Hey Andy I would like to enable autoresolution, how do I do that?

I know that this could be enabled in com.apple.Boot.plist file with AutoResolution=Yes.

I see that you included in the source code autoresolution but somehow it does not work. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey at least mine crashes FASTER! :)

Can you boot snow leopard or the snow leopard install dvd ok on your system using any of the bootloaders you have tried because my initial guess would be that your boot usb does not have the sandy bridge mach_kernel on it.

My system boots OK with the integrated video using the AnVAL5.1.4 chameleon branch, and nawcom/anv et.all.'s 10.6.6 legacy kernel.

When testing chameleon based bootloaders, I boot chameleon from an actual hard disk and then select the target boot partition from the menu. mach_kernel is on the target partition (the usb thumb drive) which contains lion DP2. That same thumb drive installed DP2 on my nvidia based laptop just fine.

As I know, you can use 10.7.3 mach_kernel on snow by setup the BIOS busratio to be default-1, otherwise you need to use legacy_kernel. If I5 2500K is 33, then you need to setup it to be 32. You can try it on Lion. (I don't have SNB to try it.)

AFAIK, I don't need a legacy kernel with OSX 10.7, just with OSX 10.6.x. I'd like to move from 10.6.x to lion in order to avoid using a legacy kernel, hopefully avoid the bus ratio issues, and get QE/CI with the integrated video.

As mentioned, I have a core i7 2600k which is 3.4ghz, Ie busratio 34 (or 35 when in turbo mode). When booting with the 10.6.6 based legacy kernel, I use the busratio=29 workaround as the ratio isn't correctly detected. I've made fixes myself for cpu.c to detect the busratio properly, but finding a bootloader that is close enough to working to even patch has been a challenge ;) Oh, and fixing the busratio detection code in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] made no difference for me (the system hangs as soon as it tries to start the kernel) .

add Kabyl-Lion V2

(NO SANDY)

Enjoy

Fabio

The kernelcache fix fails on my rig even with the: :wacko:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-usecache</string>

The system still reloads all available extensions unless there is an existing Extensions.mkext in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup directory

Perhaps, I'm implementing it incorrectly. :)

No one is having the kernel issues I mentioned earlier?

I simply can't use any MSN related programs.

I don't use the apps myself, but I've just download and tested Adium v1.4.1 and it works fine.

post-331032-1304663747_thumb.png

I'll test MSN Messenger next.

Yep , that works fine too. v8.0.1

post-331032-1304664014_thumb.png

add Kabyl-Lion V2

(NO SANDY)

Enjoy

Fabio

Fabio,

Since the rev.759 is released and support Lion&Snow, I have compiled it today, but it didn't load the mkext from both /Extra/Extensions.mkext and S/L/E. I always need to use -f flag to boot Snow & Lion. I found the booter should be setuped to load the kernelcache.

never load /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Extensions.mkext

load for 32bit /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/kernelcache_i386.8702EF1E

load for 64bit /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/kernelcache_x86_64.8702EF1E

I cann't boot to desktop without -f flag.

Do you know what's happened ?

How to update kernelcache from both /E/E and /S/L/E ?

Thanks for your reply if you have free time.

[EDIT]

Rev 760 working fine with /E/E and /S/L/E. That's a good news.

I don't use the apps myself, but I've just download and tested Adium v1.4.1 and it works fine.

post-331032-1304663747_thumb.png

I'll test MSN Messenger next.

Yep , that works fine too. v8.0.1

post-331032-1304664014_thumb.png

Thanks for testing but I couldn't find either a solution or the real cause for the problem that only start to happen after the Lion was able to boot directly without DF in chamaleon.

Trunk revision 760 working fine here with Lion and Snow.

Added UseKernelCache (=No, by default) in boot.plist or command line option. UseKernelCache=Yes will load pre-linked kernel and will ignore E/E and S/L/E/Extensions.mkext.

@Fabio - Since the update to the Chameleon trunk, will you be re-issuing new diffs (the ones against the trunk) for the front page of this topic as I guess your existing ones will no longer work?

Trunk revision 760 working fine here with Lion and Snow.

Yep - It's all I need for my system.

Though adding and enabling the 'UseKernelCache' boot option in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist might cause issues for users booting 10.6 if their system's kernelcache hasn't been rebuilt to include all needed kexts. Therefore, if anyone's not sure, I recommend leaving it out of /Extra/c.a.B.p for now and just typing '-UseKernelCache=Yes' in Chameleon if wanting to use it.

Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum...

I've managed to install the LION DP 1 & 2 on my hackintosh without any problem using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] v1.2 and the new v1.7 and also XPC 80.50 ....

My question is : Can i use this Chameleon 755 to install LION DP 1 or 2 on my hackintosh ?

Because when i try to boot the "Base system" restored on one of my drives, it crashes instantly no mater what kernel flag i use.

so is this build desinged to load the installer too ?

@QE_LiTHiUm - I've just tested this for you, using the Chameleon trunk r760 to boot my existing (previously installed) 'Mac OS X Base System' partition. It loaded fine, though I didn't actually run the install as I don't need to. I did load diskutilty which ran fine so I see no reason why it won't do the full installation. But I can only speak for my hardware.