Topic to discuss improvements, proposals, and tests on Chameleon v2.x

old entries.

-----

CHAMELON 2 RC5 diff patch files

-----
^Andy^
(760) source: http://www.mediafire...b8ion36rp3e0s4z
---
.pkg ^Andy^ Attached File  Chameleon_2.0_RC5_rAndy_Lion.zip   804.35KB   2271 downloads
(755) source: http://www.mediafire...y3roclftu494xwb
---
.pkg result of diff V6 Attached File  Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r755_Lion.pkg.zip   1.03MB   3171 downloadswork in progress:
-----
May 4 2011 - Kabyl branch: Binaries Attached File  Kabyl_LionV1.zip   109.6KB   322 downloads
May 7 2011 - Kabyl branch: binaries Attached File  Kabyl_LionV3.zip   108.51KB   764 downloads
I apply at the Kabyl revision 748 the recent Lion "patch"
(thx to Kabyl for his help in code correction and adaptation)
You can find the diff file at voodooprojects > HERE <
  • Include the Chameleon Lion Patch code by cparm (ported by oldnapalm)
  • Include the Haiku - OpenBSD - FreeBSD as we see in diff V6 of the main trunk
  • Into V3 I rework the code with Lion code from Trunk 760
    - As the other diff version the credits go the original author.

-----

with official trunk 760 the above "patch" are "obsolete"

Here the temporal Attached File  BootHelp.txt   8.27KB   1271 downloads info

here the diff file for patch the "virgin" Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x
into
Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x for Lion and lower...
  • LION patch credits:
  • All the credits go to the Chameleon team
  • Andy Vandijck
  • cparm
  • netkas
  • DutchHockeyPro
  • And all involved in the development in any way.

- Removed -x32 and arch=i386 option, use i386 instead -

V.1 (for Trunk752)
  • Credits to oldnapalm to share the patched C2RC5 source ported from old Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658(patched source)
    I hope no forgot any credits...
    Things added:
  • "cosmetics" compiling (like meklort branch) credits to meklort
  • Some ID correction in pci.h and other things credits to Andy and valv (AnVAL Branch)
  • More Nasm correction by KillerJK
    Also in nvidia.c will be applied some fix coming from different branch
  • (nvidia.c) NVPM (copied from Slice nvidia.c code) credits to Slice
  • (nvidia.c) "display-cfg" property injecting by Jingu
  • (nvidia.c) An additional device properties has to be injected to get HDMI back: @1,connector-type by Jingu or yehia2amer

V.2 (for Trunk752)
    Things added:
  • Correct one warning thx mitch_de

bootstruct.c: In function ‘initKernBootStruct’:
    bootstruct.c:54: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

V.3 (for Trunk753)
    Things added:
  • Correct last warning

ati.c: In function ‘setup_ati_devprop’:
    ati.c:662: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘devprop_add_value’ differ in signednes

from (AnVAL branch)
  • Add Icon and detection for Haiku OS credits to scorpius link
  • Add Icon and detection for FreeBSD and OpenBSD from (AnVAL branch)
  • Add credits into CREDITS file

V.4 (for Trunk753)
    Binaries: C2RC5r755_diffV4.zip
    Things added:
  • Add oldnapalm's suggest "fix" for FAT16, FAT32 and BEFS into gui.c
  • Add more credits into CREDITS file

V.5 (for Trunk753)
    Binaries: C2RC5r755_diffV5.zip
    Things added:
  • Applyoldnapalm's suggest "fix" into gui.c

V.6.1 (for Trunk753)Attached File  C2RC5753xlionV6.1.diff.zip   225.26KB   73 downloads
    Binaries:
    Things:
  • boot at 32&64 bit and kext from E/E
  • v6.1 Add asm code by DutchHockeyPro and comment the equivalent in boot.c

V.7 (for Trunk753)Attached File  C2RC5753xlionV7.diff.zip   324.14KB   261 downloads
    Binaries: Attached File  C2RC5r755_diffV7.zip   114.49KB   301 downloads
    Things:
  • Correct pci.c/.h
How use the .diff file...?
Fireup your terminal
- create a folder navigate into it.
- download the Chameleon2 RC5 source code:
svn co http://forge.voodoop...chameleon/trunk
- download the diff patch file into the same first folder
patch -p0 < xxxdiff-file-namexxx.diff
- done... :)

You will see the patching code process like this...
[size=1]sh-3.2# patch -p0 < C2RC5753xlionV4.diffpatching file trunk/CHANGESpatching file trunk/CREDITSpatching file trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxprojpatching file trunk/Makefilepatching file trunk/TODOpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs_o.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd_o.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd_o.pngpatching file trunk/doc/BootHelp.txtpatching file trunk/i386/MakeInc.dirpatching file trunk/i386/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot0/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot0/chain0.spatching file trunk/i386/boot1/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot2/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.hpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/drivers.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/graphics.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/gui.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/mboot.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/options.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/resume.cpatching file trunk/i386/cdboot/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/doc/READMEpatching file trunk/i386/libsa/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/libsa/libsa.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsa/string.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/acpi_patcher.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/allocate.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/aml_generator.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/ati.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bios.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/biosfn.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/boot.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/console.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/device_inject.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/disk.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fake_efi.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fdisk.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/hpet.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/load.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/mem.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/nvidia.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_root.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_setup.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/platform.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/saio_types.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios_patcher.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/spd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/stringTable.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/sys.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/usb.cpatching file trunk/i386/util/Makefilesh-3.2#  [/size]

Fabio

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Great job .. Dual boot on lions + win 7 that is my favorite Theme..

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Hey Fabio, great job with the patches. Would you like to add a installer for this version in your thread? It's more complete and I think it will be better for everybody.

Thank you
Attached File  fun.gif   1014bytes   143 downloads

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,751 posts

Hey Fabio, great job with the patches. Would you like to add a installer for this version in your thread? It's more complete and I think it will be better for everybody.

Thank you
Attached File  fun.gif   1014bytes   143 downloads

Maybe I add a link to this... or this pkg file and source...
(I prefer preserve the other treand with official trunk source... maybe some voodoo developer can official add it... o part of it)

with the "cosmetics" compiling we can see some warnings.. (no idea how solve it, I'm not a coder...)
1)

2)
ati.c: In function ‘setup_ati_devprop’:
ati.c:662: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘devprop_add_value’ differ in signedness

Fabio

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts
Maybe it's better to keep this in a separated thread, but it would be nice if you attach an installer to your post (then we make it the first in this topic) because not everyone has Xcode installed.

shatterhenner

shatterhenner

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
+1

thanx

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,751 posts

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
"1)
"

Can it be some typo ?
bootArgs = (boot_args *)malloc(sizeof(boot_args));
bootArgsSnow = (boot_args *)malloc(sizeof(boot_args_snow));

bootArgsSnow = (boot_args_snow *)malloc(sizeof(boot_args_snow));
no warning

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,751 posts

"1)
"

Can it be some typo ?
bootArgsSnow = (boot_args *)malloc(sizeof(boot_args_snow));

bootArgsSnow = (boot_args_snow *)malloc(sizeof(boot_args_snow));
no warning

Yep!!
You right! one warnigs is gone :)
(I still don't know if is correct...)

soon I update the diff file

Fabio

EDIT: V2 of diff file added...

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,857 posts

I will do this things...

For now I add a "note" in the top of the first #post

Sorry, I mean to add an installer in your post "in this topic", not in the other one. I agree with you, it's better to have them separated for now, until Chameleon devs decide if the Lion patches will be added to the trunk. But it's up to you, do how you think it's better.

If you decide to add the installer in this topic, we move your post to the top, it's more informative for those who are arriving now. For now we leave Maldon's installer in the first post.

mactos

mactos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
SL boots fine, but lion boots always into 64-bit kernal mode even when kernel flags set to arch=i386. Hope correct this bug soon. Why not use -usecahe flag for lion boot, which should be ignored by SL, that will fasten the boot process in Lion. :D

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

SL boots fine, but lion boots always into 64-bit kernal mode even when kernel flags set to arch=i386. Hope correct this bug soon. Why not use -usecahe flag for lion boot, which should be ignored by SL, that will fasten the boot process in Lion. :D

The -usecache flag with my patches also allows to use the kernelcache of Snow (it'll check the version to boot, if you have a kernelcache generated at the given path, it'll work...)

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

The -usecache flag with my patches also allows to use the kernelcache of Snow (it'll check the version to boot, if you have a kernelcache generated at the given path, it'll work...)

I notice that even with -usecache, it will still load all the kexts in S/L/E as if it were ignoring a boot cache (mkext from S/L/E). At least that's what it appears to be doing.
Is there a way to get it to just load the kernelcache when using -usecache?

Also, is it possible for the bootloader to load a mkext from /Extra and kernelcache from /System?
Or, how about a kernelcache from /Extra, plus the one from /System?

Just throwing around ideas.

MAJ

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts

You could try an other boot , which was made with the correction in the boot_args pasrt (some posts above). Maybe that was the problem (bug) some of the args where (in SL or LION) not used.
Att: boot with diff V2

Attached Files

• Attached File  boot.zip   112.07KB   140 downloads

mrmojorisin17

mrmojorisin17

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts
Thanks MaLd0N and thanks to all involved in the project for the great work.
I tried bootlader on my Snow Leopard installation with hardware in signature and I can boot into system, but like happen with other Chameleon (mozodojo or iReset unofficial installer) my system is very very slow and I can't use it.
Maybe the problem depends to an incompatibility with my Sandy Bridge's CPU or I don't know.
With Anval and RevoBoot I can boot successfully without problem.

p.s. Sorry for my poor english, hope you understand :D

mactos

mactos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

You could try an other boot , which was made with the correction in the boot_args pasrt (some posts above). Maybe that was the problem (bug) some of the args where (in SL or LION) not used.
Att: boot with diff V2

Thanks mitch_de. I replaced the boot with the one you provided, but no luck. Still booting with 64-bit kernel.

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Does it support mem & CPU detection, automatic P-States & C-States generation and restart fix?

ramanujan20

ramanujan20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
is there any installation file that i can run it on windows? i lost my usb flash boot so i cant open my lion. ##### doesn't work on my notebook because off MBR START and i cant change bios settings ( it is very basic bios)

Summary: is there any exe file for " Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r752 " or is there any way for run pkg files on windows?

thanks...

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

is there any exe file for " Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r752 " or is there any way for run pkg files on windows?

Try read [How To]: Installing OSX without access to a Mac

ramanujan20

ramanujan20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Try read [How To]: Installing OSX without access to a Mac

i've already installed mac os lion on my pc. i've lost my flash boot. i just need bootloader. anyway i gonna install snow leopard for temprory solution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy