Topic to discuss improvements, proposals, and tests on Chameleon v2.x
CHAMELON 2 RC5 diff patch files-----
(760) source: http://www.mediafire...b8ion36rp3e0s4z
.pkg ^Andy^ Chameleon_2.0_RC5_rAndy_Lion.zip 804.35KB 2265 downloads
(755) source: http://www.mediafire...y3roclftu494xwb
.pkg result of diff V6 Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r755_Lion.pkg.zip 1.03MB 3164 downloadswork in progress:
May 4 2011 - Kabyl branch: Binaries Kabyl_LionV1.zip 109.6KB 322 downloads
May 7 2011 - Kabyl branch: binaries Kabyl_LionV3.zip 108.51KB 764 downloads
I apply at the Kabyl revision 748 the recent Lion "patch"
(thx to Kabyl for his help in code correction and adaptation)
You can find the diff file at voodooprojects > HERE <
- Include the Chameleon Lion Patch code by cparm (ported by oldnapalm)
- Include the Haiku - OpenBSD - FreeBSD as we see in diff V6 of the main trunk
- Into V3 I rework the code with Lion code from Trunk 760
- As the other diff version the credits go the original author.
with official trunk 760 the above "patch" are "obsolete"
Here the temporal BootHelp.txt 8.27KB 1270 downloads info
here the diff file for patch the "virgin" Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x
Chameleon 2 RC5 trunk 75x for Lion and lower...
How use the .diff file...?
- LION patch credits:
- All the credits go to the Chameleon team
- Andy Vandijck
- And all involved in the development in any way.
- Removed -x32 and arch=i386 option, use i386 instead -
V.1 (for Trunk752)
- Credits to oldnapalm to share the patched C2RC5 source ported from old Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658(patched source)
I hope no forgot any credits...
- "cosmetics" compiling (like meklort branch) credits to meklort
- Some ID correction in pci.h and other things credits to Andy and valv (AnVAL Branch)
- More Nasm correction by KillerJK
Also in nvidia.c will be applied some fix coming from different branch
- (nvidia.c) NVPM (copied from Slice nvidia.c code) credits to Slice
- (nvidia.c) "display-cfg" property injecting by Jingu
- (nvidia.c) An additional device properties has to be injected to get HDMI back: @1,connector-type by Jingu or yehia2amer
V.2 (for Trunk752)
- Correct one warning thx mitch_de
bootstruct.c: In function ‘initKernBootStruct’:
bootstruct.c:54: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
V.3 (for Trunk753)
- Correct last warningfrom (AnVAL branch)
ati.c: In function ‘setup_ati_devprop’:
ati.c:662: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of ‘devprop_add_value’ differ in signednes
- Add Icon and detection for Haiku OS credits to scorpius link
- Add Icon and detection for FreeBSD and OpenBSD from (AnVAL branch)
- Add credits into CREDITS file
V.4 (for Trunk753)
- Add oldnapalm's suggest "fix" for FAT16, FAT32 and BEFS into gui.c
- Add more credits into CREDITS file
V.5 (for Trunk753)
- Applyoldnapalm's suggest "fix" into gui.c
V.6.1 (for Trunk753) C2RC5753xlionV6.1.diff.zip 225.26KB 73 downloads
- boot at 32&64 bit and kext from E/E
- v6.1 Add asm code by DutchHockeyPro and comment the equivalent in boot.c
V.7 (for Trunk753) C2RC5753xlionV7.diff.zip 324.14KB 260 downloads
Binaries: C2RC5r755_diffV7.zip 114.49KB 300 downloads
- Correct pci.c/.h
Fireup your terminal
- create a folder navigate into it.
- download the Chameleon2 RC5 source code:
svn co http://forge.voodoop...chameleon/trunk
- download the diff patch file into the same first folder
patch -p0 < xxxdiff-file-namexxx.diff
You will see the patching code process like this...[size=1]sh-3.2# patch -p0 < C2RC5753xlionV4.diffpatching file trunk/CHANGESpatching file trunk/CREDITSpatching file trunk/Chameleon.xcodeproj/project.pbxprojpatching file trunk/Makefilepatching file trunk/TODOpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_befs_o.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_freebsd_o.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd.pngpatching file trunk/artwork/themes/default/device_openbsd_o.pngpatching file trunk/doc/BootHelp.txtpatching file trunk/i386/MakeInc.dirpatching file trunk/i386/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot0/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot0/chain0.spatching file trunk/i386/boot1/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot2/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/boot.hpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/drivers.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/graphics.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/gui.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/mboot.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/options.cpatching file trunk/i386/boot2/resume.cpatching file trunk/i386/cdboot/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/doc/READMEpatching file trunk/i386/libsa/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/libsa/libsa.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsa/string.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/Makefilepatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/acpi_patcher.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/allocate.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/aml_generator.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/ati.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/befs.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bios.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/biosfn.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/boot.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/bootstruct.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/console.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/device_inject.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/disk.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fake_efi.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/fdisk.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/freebsd.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/hpet.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/load.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/mem.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/nvidia.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/openbsd.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_root.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/pci_setup.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/platform.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/saio_types.hpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/smbios_patcher.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/spd.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/stringTable.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/sys.cpatching file trunk/i386/libsaio/usb.cpatching file trunk/i386/util/Makefilesh-3.2# [/size]