10 replies to this topic

cazyputy

cazyputy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone.

I've just bought a HP netbook : Pavilion DM1 3130 SF. i got Ubuntu installed on it, but i'm better used to work with MacOS X, and Mac OS software. I wondered if it was possible to run Snow Leopard on it ? :)

Here's my config :
• CPU : AMD E-350 dualcore
• Chipset : AMD A50M FCH
• RAM : 3 Go
• HDD : SATA 500 Go
• Graphic processor : AMD Radeon HD 6310

So, I've been trying to install SL with iAtkos v7 and a few kexts, the installation goes fine, but the screen freezes when the computer reboots (freeze on the grey screen with the apple, which is probably the most frustrating : for a split second, i actually thought I had succeeded :) )

Can you tell me if there's hope i can have a running MacOS on this PC ? And what kexts to use ? (or what distribution, i tried iAtkos because i found it first)

Thanks for your help and advice ! ;)

armyaircorp

armyaircorp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 76 posts

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a HP netbook : Pavilion DM1 3130 SF. i got Ubuntu installed on it, but i'm better used to work with MacOS X, and Mac OS software. I wondered if it was possible to run Snow Leopard on it ? :(

Here's my config :

So, I've been trying to install SL with iAtkos v7 and a few kexts, the installation goes fine, but the screen freezes when the computer reboots (freeze on the grey screen with the apple, which is probably the most frustrating : for a split second, i actually thought I had succeeded :( )

Can you tell me if there's hope i can have a running MacOS on this PC ? And what kexts to use ? (or what distribution, i tried iAtkos because i found it first)

Thanks for your help and advice ! :)

as the saying goes if you can install it you can run it.

do a -v on boot see what's going on and report

cazyputy

cazyputy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
okay. i tried a -v boot, it prints a lot of "loading blablabla System/Extensions/ etc" but the thing runs so fast i can't really see what's written. and suddenly : either the screen freezes on a black empty screen, or the apple screen appears (grey background) and the screen freezes.

Either way, i can't really tell what's going wrong :) what do you reckon ?

thanks for your answer !

armyaircorp

armyaircorp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 76 posts

okay. i tried a -v boot, it prints a lot of "loading blablabla System/Extensions/ etc" but the thing runs so fast i can't really see what's written. and suddenly : either the screen freezes on a black empty screen, or the apple screen appears (grey background) and the screen freezes.

Either way, i can't really tell what's going wrong :blink: what do you reckon ?

thanks for your answer !

it's your graphics driver. what graphics card do you have and which kext/driver you using?

ok sorry i see it's AMD Radeon HD 6310

first: lets see if you can get in try these options
-v -f (if no go then try nextones bellow)
-v -x
-v -f -x
-v cpus=1

try - v graphics enable=yes (if not maybe you need an emi string)

report back

jamesworts

jamesworts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
did anyone get any further with this as I also have the dm1 laptop with same spec.

thanks

BKlimp

BKlimp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
try booting with:
arch=i386 busratio=8

This works for me although I have a desktop motherboard based on AMD E-350.
Got it from this topic: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256686

Macawe

Macawe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a HP netbook : Pavilion DM1 3130 SF. i got Ubuntu installed on it, but i'm better used to work with MacOS X, and Mac OS software. I wondered if it was possible to run Snow Leopard on it ? :)

Here's my config :

So, I've been trying to install SL with iAtkos v7 and a few kexts, the installation goes fine, but the screen freezes when the computer reboots (freeze on the grey screen with the apple, which is probably the most frustrating : for a split second, i actually thought I had succeeded :( )

Thanks for your help and advice ! :)

Same for me too :(.. I have an HP dm1-3014AU with almost the same specifications..I succeeded in installing iAtkos but on reboot it freezes at the Apple logo...When I provided -v -x on boot, it showed that the freezing took place at

"No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is..
Starting Darwin x86_64..."

Has anybody else passed this stage? Thanks in advance from me too...

Macawe

Macawe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hurraaaay!!! Finally I got it woking..I sold my dm1 3014-AU and bought a new macbook pro....

;) ;) Kidding... :D

But hey wait!!..Believe me...I actually got it working....I followed these steps..

First I followed this sysprob thread http://www.sysprobs....ed-vmware-image and then used the EmperorEfi for AMD available from this thread http://www.sysprobs....-apple-intel-pc

I am listing the steps I did in the sequential order below.

*First I downloaded vmplayer3.0 for my OS (mine was Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit).
*Then I downloaded the vmware image of snow leopard 10.6.2 (its 10.6.2 and not 10.6.4 as said in the thread) using torrent file provided in the first thread.
* Extract the file and you will get a SnowLeopard.vmx file. Double click on it. The VMPlayer window wil be opened.
* Initially there was an error saying "No Operating System found". I stayed there. To jump over it, I downloaded the Emperor Efi loader for AMD which was provided n the second thread.
* Now standing on the "No operating system found" screen, I added CD Device from the bottom menu provided in the VMPlayer window and selected the EmperorEFI.iso file. Hit Enter.
* Then the EMperorEFI screen appeared. Two options was shown there. Select "Mac" and that was it!!. Waited till the Snow lepard booted up completely. For me, initially the language was russian. I changed it from the language and region settings from System Preferences.
* I then updated it to 10.6.4 from the update downloaded from this page http://support.apple...oads/#macosx106.

All kudos goes to the sysprobs http://www.sysprobs.com/ team. I never thought it will be possible to run snow leopard in my bobcat AMD E-350. But great!, except for small lag, I'm extremely satisifed with what I got.

Tail piece: When I tried to upgraded it to 10.6.8, it crashed. and I had to repeat the whole process. For now I am able to update only upto 10.6.4. Anyway thats more than what I want.

HP dm1 rocks guys!! It is now an affordable little macbook.. :D :D :D.

Also to add, everything including wifi, sound, and touchpad worked out of the box.!!

RNBW

RNBW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried to install on HP Pavilion DM1 as described by Macawe, but VMWare Player came up with error message stating that VT was required. This is also stated in the Sysprobs directions. Unfortunately there is no reference to VT in BIOS (I have latest F13) so no way of turning it on. Can you advise if you managed to get round this. I have tried to install a clean install to the computer and it didn't get very far before the screen went do-lally, so I;ve obviously got a lot of homework to do to do it that way. A virtual implementation seemed heaven sent and I would still like to do if possible.

Malman

Malman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
check this tutorial:

Halo_Mac

Halo_Mac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
@crazyputy:
if you have succeeded at installing hackintosh snow leo and if installation went on swiftly den try booting with kernel flags.
boot: arch=i386 busratio=8.

i got it working on my hp dm1-4109au.
my problem is my keyboard and touchpad worked during installation but after first boot it freezed.
I am using USB keyboard and mouse for now.
Can u help me fixing this problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy