Korg error 0-00000

Trigue

31 posts in this topic

Hello,

I installed my Snow leopard retail via tonymac's metod and than updated via DSTS. My computer is working well evyrthing is fine but really can't find a solution for the korg plugins. I saw a lot off decisions here, tryed some to fix my problem, but still can't get the the damn system id of korg plugins......0-00000.

Really need help....

10x

There are many threads about this here on InsanelyMac already.

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 or newer to get a proper Hardware UUID (See System Profiler).

Set EthernetBuiltIn=yes in your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

If, after doing this, your LAN hardware is not EN0 in System Profiler (click Network and look under Ethernet, BSD Device Name) then go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot.

http://img90.imageshack.us/f/screenshot20110428at123.png

http://img534.imageshack.us/f/screenshot20110428at133.png

These are the 2 images, My Imager don't work dunno how ...never happened....

This the Networkinterfaces.plist's Contains :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
	<dict>
		<key>Active</key>
		<true/>
		<key>BSD Name</key>
		<string>en0</string>
		<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<false/>
		<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>IOMACAddress</key>
		<data>
		ADBnVJCC
		</data>
		<key>IOPathMatch</key>
		<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR24@1C,4/IOPCI2PCIBridge/ethernet@0/com_chucko_RealtekR1000/IOEthernetInterface</string>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
		<dict>
			<key>UserDefinedName</key>
			<string>Ethernet Adaptor (en0)</string>
		</dict>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
		<string>Ethernet</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>BSD Name</key>
		<string>en0</string>
		<key>IOBuiltin</key>
		<false/>
		<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
		<integer>6</integer>
		<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>IOMACAddress</key>
		<data>
		AoA3BwMA
		</data>
		<key>IOPathMatch</key>
		<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/EUSB@1D/AppleUSBEHCI/Sony Ericsson W850@1d160000/Ethernet Data Interface, Bulk Mode@9/AppleUSBCDCECMData/IOEthernetInterface</string>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
		<dict>
			<key>USB Product Name</key>
			<string>Sony Ericsson W850</string>
			<key>UserDefinedName</key>
			<string>Sony Ericsson W850</string>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>53304</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>4046</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
		<string>Ethernet</string>
	</dict>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

I really don't know what is wrong, I really read the posts here carefully on this great forum many many times, but still can't get that s**t works....Tried many times step by step again and again, followed the different tips, but still no good results. Unistalled and reinstalled the plugins after every operation .... but nope. Really don't know what is wrong....

EDIT : I haven't such of problems with Stylus RMX.

All of that looks fine, anyway don't go editing networkinterfaces.plist like some of the old posts say because on the next reboot it will just revert to what was previously there anyway. The only thing you can do to that file as part of this process is to delete it but that's only necessary when your ethernet is not at EN0 after setting EthernetBuiltIn=y.

Look in your ethernet preferences and check if EN0 is active, even if you aren't actually using it (meaning, if you're using a different device like wireless ethernet for example)

Have you installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5?

Look in this thread and see if there's something you can use:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243479

Image :

http://img153.imageshack.us/f/screenshot20110428at431.png

The Chameleon was the solution to get my system works properly and boot too. I took the ethernet cable to modem off and Ethernet going off and red, but system profiles still en0. Now will restart my computer without ethernet...

I will take a look at this post again, but i think i read and tried the tips there, however....

Thank you Gringo !

EDIT: Oks the ethernet cable was off ethernet red and in system en0 after restart, ethernet calbe switch on and nothing changes.... all is still en0. In chameleon options Ethernet build in was always selected....Never changed it.

Yes, it's supposed to be EN0 and seen by OS X internal, built-in. That's what EthernetBuiltIn=y does.

As I said it looks like that part is working fine, something else is wrong.

Please answer these three questions:

Are you using PCIRoot=1 in your com.apple.Boot.plist?

What motherboard and video card do you have?

What are you using for Graphics Injection?

in com.apple.Boot.plist is this

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4f0000000100000001000000430000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600041c0101060000007fff04001a0000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e003d00790000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

my Motherboard is Intel Biostar TH55B HD

Video Image :

Video

And about the graphic injection can't rember. I selected it when i created the DSTS something that support my for NVidia for, for 9800 GT graphic card. Sorry that i can't answer exactly. Tell me how to check , if necessary.....

Okay..well, for one your com.apple.Boot.plist does not have EthernetBuiltIn=y in it like it's supposed to.

You need to find out where the com.apple.Boot.plist that Lizard is writing to is. Look for a folder named "Extra" at the root of your system drive. If there is nothing there, then you have Chameleon installed to the hidden EFI partition. Run Terminal.app, type diskutil list and post the output here.

Your Graphics Injection method is that looooooooooooooong device properties string. Didn't you place it there yourself?

What do you mean DSTS, do you mean DSDT? So you have Graphics injection in your DSDT and via device properties string at the same time?

I'm getting the feeling that you have been using several different Hackintosh point-and-click tools without understanding the consequences.

It's funny how these tools and utilities that are supposed to make it easy always seem to end up complicating things.

i found another file com.apple.Boot.plist in MY HD/Extra

it contains :

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I maened DSDT. Yes, you are right about the clicks, I am just tried, but except this problem never had problems...

There are many threads about this here on InsanelyMac already.

Install Chameleon 2.0 RC5 to get a proper SystemUUID

Set EthernetBuiltIn=yes in your /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

If, after doing this, your LAN hardware is not EN0 in System Profiler (click Network and look under Ethernet, BSD Device Name) then go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot.

Hey whats up, I have read 3 hours on this site concerning the locking code and I've done everything I know to do and nothing has worked (the EFI string as well as your advice). I built my system based on lifehacker's guide. My system is:

Intel Quad 2.66

GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775

EVGA 512 P3 N871 GeForce 9800

I would greatly APPRECIATE your help...thx.

At this point I have no idea what it could be.

But I can tell you that the result of using an ethernet "EFI" device properties string and setting EthernetBuiltIn=y is exactly the same.

The only difference is that in the device-properties string, the PCIRoot is set correctly automatically.

Example from a Gigabyte board, generated by running ./gfxutil -f ethernet:

'>http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

built-in

0x01

On some motherboards, when using EthernetBuiltIn (and GraphicsEnabler) you must set the PCI root value manually in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist as well. Chameleon tries to read this value from your DSDT, if it can't do that it will default to PciRoot=0 which is not always correct (on my motherboard it is). As a consequence, GraphicsEnabler and EthernetBuiltIn will have no effect at all.

That was the problem here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=243479 and it was solved by adding PciRoot=1 to com.apple.Boot.plist. Unfortunately his motherboard imploded after I spent hours helping him getting everything working!

Anyway I recommend that both of you read that thread. I've cleaned it up a bit for easier reading.

Another way is to modify your DSDT so that the PCI Root value appears the way Chameleon wants to read it.

Something else that can happen is that com.apple.Boot.plist gets corrupted somehow during editing. This can cause some or all settings in it not to work. For this reason, it's recommended to always use the plist editor that comes with Apple Developer Tools/Xcode.

But if you are sure that OS X sees your wired LAN port as "built-in" and it is at EN0, then something else is wrong.

I have two LAN ports and they are en0 (port 1) and en1 (port 2). I have the e-net cable plugged in port 1 and both ports work flawlessly. As far as the PCIRoot is concerned, I'm not sure how to check this. Also I noticed you mentioned something about QE/CI. I don't know if this pertains to me or not. By the way, I have built hackintosh systems by following specific instructions from guides here. I'm a little familiar with adding strings to the com.apple.Boot, but my level of experience is no where on par with you guys, so I apologize. But I'll get there eventually now that I'm on the Hackintosh path for LIFE. Anyway here is my com.apple.Boot list.

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn=y</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Again thank you for helping me and I read that other post you posted and there was a lot of info. However, I'm not sure what part is applicable to me or where to start.

post-571616-1304173233_thumb.png

post-571616-1304173814_thumb.png

post-571616-1304173857_thumb.png

Pay attention to what you're doing - the poster in that thread I linked to made the exact same mistake as you.

This is why I keep telling you guys to read that thread.

Timeout

EthernetBuiltIn=y

You must follow the key/string syntax:

EthernetBuiltIn

y

And you separated the timeout key from its string value.

System Profiler does not show if your ethernet hardware is registered as built-in.

You can check this with IORegistryExplorer, which, like the plist editor you should be using, is part of Xcode 3 tools.

Built_In.png

I'm currently getting Xcode 3 Tools in which I will use IORegistry and I copied and paste the new string above. Also, according to the post you put I don't need the "=y" at the end of EthernetBuildIn and the "5" in the middle of the <strings>s? And I don't understand how the timeout key is separated from it's key value; I've never modified that code of instruction and their are no spaces when I checked the file in text editor.

Again thanks for responding I appreciate it!!!!

according to the post you put I don't need the "=y" at the end of EthernetBuildIn and the "5" in the middle of the s?

I see a question mark but I don't see a question.

The "5" is your timeout in seconds. That string belongs to the timeout key.

And I don't understand how the timeout key is separated from it's key value

Not "key value", STRING. Open your eyes. As I said you must follow the syntax. Every key is followed by a string.

You placed EthernetBuiltIn=y between the timeout key and its string.

It's like this:

whatever

parameter being passed to the command whatever

Thanks..I understand now the key and string part. Sorry I haven't replied in a while. Me and my wife just had another baby.

I also got the X code software and you were absolutely right. The boolean is showing false like you posted. How can I fix this because I have no knowledge of how at the moment...thank again for your time.

post-571616-1305048382_thumb.png

• 3 months later...

I have told you everything I know. I don't know what else to say.

This is the same thing that breaks App Store by the way. Look through the many threads here discussing issues with app store on 10.6.8 or Lion, you can use the same fixes for your issue (yes, really).

Maybe you'll find someone in one of those threads who explains it in a better way than I did.

:rolleyes: ...I'll repeat:

A wired ethernet port is required at EN0 and it must be registered by OS X as "built in".

There must be a driver loaded for it - but it doesn't have to work 100% - it doesn't matter if it can actually make or sustain a connection.

(and here we go again)

There are three things you can do to achieve this.

1. Set EthernetBuiltIn=y in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (com.apple.Boot.plist if you are still using an older version of Chameleon). Note that on some motherboards you have to set PCIRoot=1 in your Boot.plist as well, in order for EthernetBuiltIn (and GraphicsEnabler) to work.

You can also modify your DSDT so that Chameleon is able to detect the correct PCI Root automatically:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=207635

2. Use gfxutil to generate a device properties string for ethernet (already explained earlier in this thread) which you can add to the same boot.plist.

http://forum.netkas.....php?topic=64.0

3. Add "built in" properties to LAN0/GIGE device via DSDT:

http://www.projectos...hp?showtopic=60

After performing any modifications you will want to delete networkinterfaces.plist (full path to this file can be found earlier in this thread) and reboot. Don't waste your time trying to manually change the contents of this file, it will not stick.

Thank you. I actually really screwed up my system, but got it up again. I deleted my Networkinterface.plist and kind of messed everything up (my graphics card, StartupItems folder and some other audio usb drivers).

However when I restarted, the IOBuiltin was set to true. I then got the locking code I needed, but my graphic's card wasn't displaying properly. Good thing I kept the kext installers for my motherboard and graphics card from Lifehacker. Reinstalled and everything runs great.

The only problem I have now is VMWare says it can't connect to virtual machine and I'm getting errors stating everything in my StartupItems (HP Trap Monitor, PACESupport, BRESINKx86Monitoring, VirtualPCOSServices and other items) can't run because the security settings aren't set.

Hopefully, reinstalling the drivers will fix this....Again thank you for your time.