Scratch Build Case - Zotac H55ITX-A-E

neil43

2 posts in this topic

I purchased the Zotac H55ITX-A-E over a year ago when it became available from Newegg. I have installed the MB in several cases with an i3, i5 and i7 CPUs and even installed it into a G4 Cube (project documented here on IM, look below).

However none of the installations really suited this motherboard. The mini-ITX board has 6 SATA ports, and eSATA port, 14 USB ports along with Gig-E Ethernet and on board 802.11b,g,n NIC (seen as an AirPort). In my view this is the "best of class" mini-ITX motherboard for the original i cores.

My solution was installing the Thermaltake Frio CPU cooler and provide intake and exhaust 120 mm fans (also by Thermaltake) and scratch build case with provision to use all the ports.

I currently have two two drive RAID Zero sets, a 1TB Time Machine drive and a SATA Optical drive consuming the 6 SATA ports. Running OS X 10.6.7 with a DSDT with working eSATA, sleep, wake from sleep, airport, Ethernet, etc.

I you are interested the photo archive is available at this > LINK

SBC1R2.jpg

And I have revised the XFX GT 240 video card by installing a passive GPU cooler.

enjoy

neil