Dell Optiplex 755 DSDT, Vanilla SpeedStep+Sleep working.

Camilo_ML

163 posts in this topic

anyone wanna upload their latest A21 or A22 DSDT with edit fix please?

i have my optiplex 755 perfectly working on 10.8.4 except for the ff: 

(im running w/o dsdt and only fakesmc & AppleIntelE1000e kext in extra)

1:  USB is Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

2: SATA is Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:

3: sleep is working but waking up takes about 2-5minutes

4: shutdown sometimes hangs (monitor off but pc is on)

here's my unaltered A22 dsdt, tried using the ones posted here but it gives me kernel panic and waiting for root device and hangs..

Thanks all in advance

DSDT.aml.zip

ok for my, I am fixe the unknow  AHCI Standard Controller: by the ahciinjector.kext 

and the  shut down restart  fix  try this  its  a patch rtc  and install evoreboot.kext to on S/L/E  ^_^ 

The terminal command is 

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' "${3}/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"

mikeetastic, on 01 Sept 2013 - 2:31 PM, said:snapback.png

anyone wanna upload their latest A21 or A22 DSDT with edit fix please?

i have my optiplex 755 perfectly working on 10.8.4 except for the ff: 

(im running w/o dsdt and only fakesmc & AppleIntelE1000e kext in extra)

1:  USB is Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

2: SATA is Unknown AHCI Standard Controller:

3: sleep is working but waking up takes about 2-5minutes

4: shutdown sometimes hangs (monitor off but pc is on)

ahciinjector.kext fixed problem#2

Thanks..

looking at pages 1-8 seems like DSDT posted here are mostly from Optiplex 755 Desktop, that's why when i use it on my SFF it hangs or kernel panics.. 

anyone wanna upload their Optiplex 755 SFF dsdt in any BIOS version? just wanna fix my USB and im all good  :)

one more question - is native power management working on my machine? i have Q6600 and i can see the multiplier go to X6 (1.6Ghz) and X9 (2.4Ghz) only. im using generate P&C state in boot.plist

post-563478-0-78792900-1378136941_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone get the internal network card working unter 10.9?
Installed 10.9 with myHack method, everything else works (using craigwns method, reverted only IOPCIFamily.kext, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293434-dell-optiplex-755-mavericks-install/?p=1962072)

I did try AppleIntelE1000e.kext, followed ila225s suggestion from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/?p=1964596 - but no luck there.

I never had a problem using the internal networking before on that machine (I've been using it as a hackintosh since 10.5...) :(

Maybe the IOPCIFamily revert is the problem?

[EDIT]

I got it working, using http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293434-dell-optiplex-755-mavericks-install/?p=1976208

I'm still going to leave this post, in case someone has the same problem...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am running ML 10.8.5 "successfully", except for no sleep, except for the monitor. 

I have to boot with PciRoot=4 everytime, I put it in the boot.plist and I get a KP at start up. 

App Store works fine, at least with updates. 

I am planning on using skype sometime soon, but I haven't been able to test, no camera yet. 

I am DSDT shy, tried altering my own DSDT and ended up reinstalling everything.  Once you try using an altered dsdt file and it doesn't work, how do you boot and go back to the original??  I tried every boot flag I could think of and still couldn't boot.

I have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the E/E folder and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the S/L/E folder, should I have both?? or just one in the S/L/E??

Dell OPtiplex 755 desktop

2.66ghz core2duo (E6750)

Nvidia geforce 210

I'm kind of afraid to try any of the dsdt patches from the early postings, just because I don't know how to get back to normal

• 2 years later...