Intel Core I5 520M Lag Issues

madshark

2 posts in this topic

I really hope someone can help me out here because I've spent the last three days trying to get this mess to work and if I install OSX one more time I hit a grand total of 50 Installs. Argh.

The only good thing after all that is I know exactly what the issue is.

My laptop specs:

Toshiba U500

Intel Core i5 520M

Nvidia 310m

500Gb Toshiba Hdd

4Gb Ram

Right so basically the issue is that the processor doesn't seem to be working right for some issue. Ive tried both, Vanilla with an official apple retail disk and hazard,atkos distros. All of em give the same issue.

If I have core multiprocessing turned on in the bios the system lags. Animations mouse etc. Further more Safari Finder and itunes all crash within about 30 seconds of being used and I have to force close. Knock the multicores off and everything works just fine.

The processor and everything else except the sound gets natively detected by 10.6.7 Like I said I almost have a perfect vanilla install. I used tonymacs boot cd and post installer for the install. I extracted my DSDT via windows and thn patched it using dsdtautopatcher from PCWIZ.

The only thing that I do notice at boot that could shed some light is that after the dsdt.aml is loaded it says ACPI Table not present I think It scrolls too fast for me to even get a pause in.

OSX boots up absolutely fast with the cores disabled and not. Furthermore even with the cores enabled suddenly the lag stops for a few seconds. I.E after installing a pkg or kext. Returns after a few seconds tho.

Now the question is what can I do? I've tried everything (boot flags, modified kernels and bootloaders/ Disabler Kext, VoodooPower, NullCPU) before posting in the forums for help. Some one please shed some light :(

Thank You

The only thing that I do notice at boot that could shed some light is that after the dsdt.aml is loaded it says ACPI Table not present I think It scrolls too fast for me to even get a pause in.

Copy bdmesg from i386 folder of the chameleon bootloader installer package to your /usr/bin directory. Type this in a terminal "bdmesg > ~/Desktop/bdmesg.txt". Post the text file here and probably (not guaranteed) somebody can help you.