InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello, I installed iAtkos to my Compaq netbook CQ10-525DX:
Intel Atom 455 1.67 GHz processor
1 GB memory
250 GB Hard Drive
Broadcom 4313 802.11 b/g/n network adapter. (no working driver)
Realtek 8167 fast ethernet (no driver)
IDT HD audio (working)
Intel GMA 3150
32 -bit.
Windows 7 Ultimate
really all factory parts.

I used iAtkos S3 v2 and installed snow leopard. If anyone needs guide or help just post here.

Could anyone help with the drivers for:
Broadcom 4313 802.11 b/g/n network adapter.
Realtek 8167 fast ethernet

arivee

arivee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Heya!

I missed this post by a mile - I have a CQ10-405DX - its the one with 160GB HD instead of the 250.

I have been trying to coax SL on this thing for the longest time. You can see on my thread I've tried a couple of methods to no avail.

I tried yours but when I get to restart the thing just keeps rebooting like its stuck on an endless loop.

I suppose this is a function of me not selecting the right customization. I would love to know what you used.

TIA

MissedOut

MissedOut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Heya!

I missed this post by a mile - I have a CQ10-405DX - its the one with 160GB HD instead of the 250.

I have been trying to coax SL on this thing for the longest time. You can see on my thread I've tried a couple of methods to no avail.

I tried yours but when I get to restart the thing just keeps rebooting like its stuck on an endless loop.

I suppose this is a function of me not selecting the right customization. I would love to know what you used.

TIA

Yeah, have you tried -v verbose boot with cpus=1 ? and when installing make sure you select Atom Kernel, and PS/2 drivers, and only one bootloader, only one driver per set. If you did all that, just try typing all this just exactly like this at chameleon:

-v cpus=2 busratio=20 arch=i386

tell me how that works!

and if it boots, from now on all you'll have to do is type cpus=1 at boot or change com.apple.boot.plist file.

arivee

arivee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi!

IT WORKS! iAtkos s3 v2 installs nicely. Yes, I have to do cpus=1, now the challenge is to get wireless working. I did not log the internal wireless card, I would be happy to replace it - but knowing HP/Compaq - they are finicky about replacement parts.

I read somewhere in here that you can fool the mb to think it was a sanctioned card by changing the 'firmware' of the card itself - but it can only be done under linux. I bought some micro USB wireless N adapters (airlink 101 and edimax - same RTL8192CU chipset)but I cant get it to recognize them. I have downloaded a driver on the airlink side but the computer still no joy.

Any suggestions?

MissedOut

MissedOut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi!

IT WORKS! iAtkos s3 v2 installs nicely. Yes, I have to do cpus=1, now the challenge is to get wireless working. I did not log the internal wireless card, I would be happy to replace it - but knowing HP/Compaq - they are finicky about replacement parts.

I read somewhere in here that you can fool the mb to think it was a sanctioned card by changing the 'firmware' of the card itself - but it can only be done under linux. I bought some micro USB wireless N adapters (airlink 101 and edimax - same RTL8192CU chipset)but I cant get it to recognize them. I have downloaded a driver on the airlink side but the computer still no joy.

Any suggestions?

nah, ican't get mine working either. I'm too scared to hack BIOS anyway. You probably would have the best bet purchasing a Atheros usb adapter if there are any. There are drivers for those on the iAtkos disk so you could reinstall with those drivers or go to kexts.com for the driver. I've given up with my wireless :/. I can't afford to purchase oneanyway--im 14 and jobless :). but anyway, good luck with the wireless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy