• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Jadar

Jadar

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hey guys. I'm about to do a RAM upgrade, and thought about my DSDT... Do I need to re-patch my DSDT for the new memory? Thanks!

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,051 posts
With all your memory installed, extract your DSDT again. This should be done in Linux or Windows, if you extract it on OS X you will just end up with your already patched DSDT.

Compare the two (use diffmerge or similar tool, some DSDT editors have a compare function) do a search for "SystemMemory" and compare the numbers. Replace the address ranges in the old DSDT with the address ranges from the new one.

I have to say that I'm not sure that's the only thing that changes - so if you want to be absolutely sure it's probably better to apply all your patches to the new DSDT.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
i notice on dell laptops it has a dynamic table where it pics its different table per ram amount detected. ( dells should be safe)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy