Need help getting FCP 7 installed

2 posts in this topic

So, I've finally got Mac OS X 10.6.7 on my built pc, but I can't get FCP to run. I'm assuming it's because I'm using -force64, but I'll try without it after this post (but I want to use 64 bit to have the ability to use my entire 8GB of ram :rolleyes:)

It's working almost flawlessly, only noticed a few things (maybe you'll have fixes for those too ;)): My sister was trying it out earlier, and she typed in her pw to something (all numbers using the keypad), and then hit the keypads enter, and it froze and crashed a few seconds later. That was the first time it happened since I've been using it yesterday,

Also, every once in a while, random grey splotches appear, like on a web page, if i scroll down then back up, they're gone, maybe thats just Safari, i'm not sure.

But hopefully you can help me get FCP working!

Here are my specs, and if you have questions on getting Snow Leo installed using anything I have, lmk and I'll be happy to help!!

Specs in my signature (just realized that :P)

Thanks guys!

Edit: It doesn't work with 32bit either, so it's not 64 bit causing it! (phew!)

I've solved it!!

Here's the solution, just in case someone else has the problem :(:

I downloaded and ran FCS Maintenance Pack Launcher (trial edition, google around for it), and scrolled down to System Toolkit, I ran that, went to the Quicktime tab, and started by disabling all of them, and that let it run, but somethings didn't show up normally, so to fix that, I went through (starting at the bottom) disabling one at a time, and tada, disabling only Sound Manager Components fixed it for me, now I'm not sure if that will cause other things in the future to mess up, but my FCP works now! :)