Testers Wanted - Zotac GTX 460 black screen issue

derda

85 posts in this topic

Open the BIOS in a hex editor (google 0xED, it's free) and copy/paste from there.

-----------

Opened but don't know what to copy.

------------

add the provided NVCAP and display-cfg strings to its info.plist.

With this NVCAP : 04000000000003000c0000000000000a00000000

And those display-cfgs : 03030100 - ffff0801

----------

Cannot find nvcap etc.

--------------

You still need to put your device ID in NVDAResman.kext and NVDANVX0hal.kext

----------

not possible only in NVDANVX0hal.kext

Thanks

1. You need to copy the whole thing, except the leading and trailing

2. There are directions for that in the NVEnabler release thread over at the ProjectOSX forums. Read the thread. I believe they go in "addproperties".

3. In this particular case you do not need to add any device IDs to anything, the drivers already know the device ID of your video card.

The size of the file should not have any effect on the ability to copy and paste the contents. Perhaps unless it was several gigabytes or exceeding the amount of RAM in your PC.

What's the problem with copying and pasting it?

Copy and paste for beginners - just in case there is any doubt (please don't take this as an insult, I can't help you without first ruling this out):

Place the cursor at the beginning, after the

Scroll to the end.

Now hold down the shift key while left-clicking right before the > sign.

This should select all the data which you can now copy and paste.

You can test it with this post first.

EDIT my apologies, I was thinking of something else, plus I was running Windows. Here's how to do it:

With your BIOS open in 0xED press command+A to select all, or select all from the edit menu. Then press command+c or click copy in the edit menu.

Open NVEnablers info.plist and paste the BIOS into where you're supposed to paste it.

Are you saying that that doesn't work?

lol

Tiny but significant.

/EDIT

Krazubu, I think the ASCII part is just a visual aid, even if you manually select the hex part in 0xED rather than using 'select all', the ASCII part goes gray as well but it is not copied along with the hex part. Well that's what it looks like to me.

Sorry about the confusion, if my directions are vague or even confusing it's because I've never worked with NVEnabler in this way.

Now let's see some test results. :(

Krazubu, I think the ASCII part is just a visual aid, even if you manually select the hex part in 0xED rather than using 'select all', the ASCII part goes gray as well but it is not copied along with the hex part. Well that's what it looks like to me.

You can copy either way, it will copy ASCII if you select in the ASCII part, and hexa if you select hexa, it always highlights the counterpart on the other side.

Hi

below the current plist. Did i copy ok?

Also I don't know where/how to paste those:

With this NVCAP : 04000000000003000c0000000000000a00000000

And those display-cfgs : 03030100 - ffff0801

Don't even remeber where I've found those values. Somewhere it was mentioned

to paste...

Cross fingers that we are getting closer...many thanks

-------------

Info.plist : http://pastebin.com/FYtpbRsx

Do you have the Nvidia Quadro 4000 drivers installed? You must be runnning at least 10.6.5 and using these:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx...3v7-driver.html

With Krazubu's patched ROM, NVCAP and display-cfg only the DVI ports will work, if you only have one display you should use the DVI port that's closest to the motherboard (when looking at the back of your PC).

With Krazubu's patched ROM, NVCAP and display-cfg only the DVI ports will work

As above but cannot find NVCAP and display-cfg. (also cannot post on project osx...)

not sure about dvi ports.

I don't have a black screen, simply no change at all. low res (lower than with nvinject)

my card is not loaded/recognized.

Anyone got the card working?

Do you have the Nvidia Quadro 4000 drivers installed?

Yes. Running 10.6.7 with latest Quadro 4000 drivers. System was rock solid with old Quadro 560. I have a monitor hooked to each DVI port. System will only boot with graphics into safe mode. Made changes to NVenabler 64, set graphics enabler=n. Tried with PCIRootUID=1 and without

Maybe I made an error in my NVE syntax? Can you take a quick look and see if it looks OK?

Thanks for the help.

Come on guys, don't past such big files directly in your posts, it makes the thread a mess.

Derda, you just have to add the NVCAP string as other strings are present. You can take display-cfg as a sample.

Weismangroup, I think you didn't use a plist editor, as I can see hex data where it should be base64.

used vi to copy weisemangroup now it hangs after ROM shadow enable.

I've no clue on how to use a plist editor to add cfg or NVCAP.

Thanks for hopefully the last help...a real pain in the ass...if i wouldnt need it i would never bother about such...

Come on guys, don't past such big files directly in your posts, it makes the thread a mess.

Weismangroup, I think you didn't use a plist editor, as I can see hex data where it should be base64.

Sorry - thought I pasted all that it into a codebox ;) .

In any case, I'm very happy to report that the all is working now 100%

I re-edited the NVE using a proper editor, re-installed drivers, set PCIRootUID=1, Graphics Enabler=n, rebooted and all is now well. I even have confirmed CUDA support through Premiere Pro CS5 after adding to included CUDA list.

Only thing not showing 100% is system profiler, but GPU sniffer confirms proper card name, memory, etc.

Thanks to everyone for all their help!

Rock on!

• Like 1

Happy to report that NVEnabler with weismangroup's plist is working for me! Full acceleration, using the brand new nvidia drivers.

What do you mean by brand new drivers? Those I've seen are at least 6 months old.

Yea a helping hand would be very welcome...

below the dmesg output:

-----------

mikes-Mac-Pro:~ mike$ sudo dmesg

Password:

npvhash=4095

Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat Jan 29 15:16:10 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.9.37~1/RELEASE_X86_64

vm_page_bootstrap: 823630 free pages and 224946 wired pages

kext submap [0xffffff7f80600000 - 0xffffff8000000000], kernel text [0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff8000600000]

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

mig_table_max_displ = 73

SAFE BOOT DETECTED - only valid OSBundleRequired kexts will be loaded.

Kext __kernel__ is not loadable during safe boot; omitting its personalities.

Error - kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler declares com.apple.kernel dependencies. Only com.apple.kpi.* dependencies are supported for 64-bit kexts.

Can't load kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext net.osrom.kext.Disabler (error 0xdc00800e).

Couldn't alloc class "Disabler"

NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=0xffffff8009220540

NullCPUPowerManagement::start

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=2 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=3 LocalApicId=130 Disabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=4 LocalApicId=131 Disabled

calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine

Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)

calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox

Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device

RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 3C9EBE14-CDED-3673-AFF5-9031570988CF

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start

SuperVIAATA for Snow Leopard by c0rk007hck

SuperVIAATA for Snow Leopard by c0rk007hck

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 built-in now active, GUID 001e8c00000ec29a; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT5@5/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/SAMSUNG HD103SJ Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk1s1, major 14, minor 8

Kernel is LP64

hfs: Removed 1 orphaned / unlinked files and 0 directories

systemShutdown false

Waiting for DSMOS...

Previous Shutdown Cause: 0

NVDAGF100HAL loaded and registered.

FakeSMC: key info not found MSDS, length - 6

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1

mikes-Mac-Pro:~ mike$

without -x the boot hangs at around: nvenabler probe: shadow ROM enable

Thanks

That's easy to find out, all it takes is for one of the testers to remove NVEnabler and set GraphicsEnabler=y.

GraphicsEnabler works fine with "normal" GTX 460 cards....with the usual caveats of course.

What do you mean by brand new drivers? Those I've seen are at least 6 months old.

We're three pages into this thread, how can you ask that now... :lol: Let me repeat: The latest nvidia drivers for Snow Leopard (March 2011) are here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx...3v7-driver.html

As stated three times in this thread already, in three direct replies to you, you must install these drivers to use Fermi architecture cards on OS X. Please pay attention.

The nvidia drivers that currently ship with OS X have no Fermi support.

Going by the nvidia drivers found in the MacBookPro and iMac 2011 updates, 10.6.8 will most likely come with a set of drivers that do.

Yes I had those. Now I've tried all kind of things and currently:

If I've NVEnabler 64 (all from wisemangroup) in /Extra/Extensions nothing happens, but if I put them into System/Libr*/Extensions my system boot hangs at:

Nvenabler probe shadow rom enable

Any ideas?

Thanks