[Help] Dell Latitude D630 iAtkos LCD Issues

Quade321

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been trying to install iAtkos S3_v2 for a few days now onto my Dell Latitude D630. Once I finally got past all the errors and kernel panics after sucessful installation, I was about to start Mac OS X Snow Leopard and I saw a blue screen, and my LCD just shut off. I could hear music but nothing more :( . I have an Intel 965 Graphics Card (Also called GMA X3100 I think?...) if that would be part of the issue.

I have noticed that this issue is normal for Dell Latitude D630 users. Some get it, others don't. But the ones that do, Never get an answer. :P

So, please. If you have any suggestions, tips, Other Installers than iAtkos that would overcome this issue, Please reply to this post. I believe it would be a big help for many Dell Latitude users. :)

If I left any information out that I shouldn't have about my computer, please tell me in a reply. I'm really new to Mac OS X completely, And from what I have been able to see, I know I'll love it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I have been trying to install iAtkos S3_v2 for a few days now onto my Dell Latitude D630. Once I finally got past all the errors and kernel panics after sucessful installation, I was about to start Mac OS X Snow Leopard and I saw a blue screen, and my LCD just shut off. I could hear music but nothing more :( . I have an Intel 965 Graphics Card (Also called GMA X3100 I think?...) if that would be part of the issue.

I have noticed that this issue is normal for Dell Latitude D630 users. Some get it, others don't. But the ones that do, Never get an answer. :thumbsup_anim:

So, please. If you have any suggestions, tips, Other Installers than iAtkos that would overcome this issue, Please reply to this post. I believe it would be a big help for many Dell Latitude users. :)

If I left any information out that I shouldn't have about my computer, please tell me in a reply. I'm really new to Mac OS X completely, And from what I have been able to see, I know I'll love it. :D

I spent countless hours, days probably, on this laptop trying to get it to work. The closest I ever got was workable video (don't ask me how) but the thing was, I would have to power it up maybe 10 times before the display would work, the other 9 times I'd get a black screen. Once it worked, it was great, everything was working including wifi but it was getting there that was tough. I wouldn't waste your time, there are other more compatible laptops out there you can try.

• 2 months later...

After days upon days of trying to get this to run properly on my D630 I finally got it to work and figured out the trick to getting the display to work after installing without using an external display.

I'm using iAtkos S3 V2 has OSX 10.6.3

The system I have is a Dell Latitude ATG D630.

Intel core 2 duo 2ghz

2gigs Ram

250gig HD

Intel graphics GMA965/X3100

Broadcom Wireless

Brodcom gigabit 5755M LAN

If your system matches that then this will work for you.

I highly suggest that you partition your drive into at least 2 partitions. Have one for your boot drive and one for data.

Contrary to what has been posted every where you do not need to change your Sata to AHCI in the bios. it functions with it either way.

use the following packages to get it to work right out of the box.

Bootloader select only PC_EFI

(this one seems to allow the video to function the best)

Bootloader options select none

Patches Select the following

/extra

fakesmc

disabler

RTC

RTC 32bit(the video never displays properly on boot up the first time without it)

EVO Reboot

Sleep Enabler (this is key video will never display on the LCD without it.)

Drivers

SATA

AHCI(if you have it enabled in bios other wise use the following don't select both.)

Intell Sata/IDE

Sound

VoodooHDA(only)

P/S2 Apple P/S2 (only) -[[Added: thanks jududdar for pointing that out did this write up from memory... ]]-

CPU-Power

Voodoo Power(seems to work best)

Laptop Hardware (select all)

NTFS-3G(select all)

VGA

Intel

EFI String

GMAx3100

Network

Wireless

Broadcom

Ethernet

Broadcom

BCM5755M

Let OSX do its thing . when it reboots eject the DVD , and let it boot up. When you hear music unplug the power close the lid and open it again you will have a working display.

After setup is finish

ed I highly recommend you go into expose and set a corner to put the display to sleep so when it reboots you don't have to keep pulling the power to get the display to show up.

Edited to add P/S2 selection

After days upon days of trying to get this to run properly on my D630 I finally got it to work and figured out the trick to getting the display to work after installing without using an external display.

I'm using iAtkos S3 V2 has OSX 10.6.3

The system I have is a Dell Latitude ATG D630.

Intel core 2 duo 2ghz

2gigs Ram

250gig HD

Intel graphics GMA965/X3100

Broadcom Wireless

Brodcom gigabit 5755M LAN

If your system matches that then this will work for you.

I highly suggest that you partition your drive into at least 2 partitions. Have one for your boot drive and one for data.

Contrary to what has been posted every where you do not need to change your Sata to AHCI in the bios. it functions with it either way.

use the following packages to get it to work right out of the box.

Bootloader select only PC_EFI

(this one seems to allow the video to function the best)

Bootloader options select none

Patches Select the following

/extra

fakesmc

disabler

RTC

RTC 32bit(the video never displays properly on boot up the first time without it)

EVO Reboot

Sleep Enabler (this is key video will never display on the LCD without it.)

Drivers

SATA

AHCI(if you have it enabled in bios other wise use the following don't select both.)

Intell Sata/IDE

Sound

VoodooHDA(only)

CPU-Power

Voodoo Power(seems to work best)

Laptop Hardware (select all)

NTFS-3G(select all)

VGA

Intel

EFI String

GMAx3100

Network

Wireless

Broadcom

Ethernet

Broadcom

BCM5755M

Let OSX do its thing . when it reboots eject the DVD , and let it boot up. When you hear music unplug the power close the lid and open it again you will have a working display.

After setup is finish

ed I highly recommend you go into expose and set a corner to put the display to sleep so when it reboots you don't have to keep pulling the power to get the display to show up.

This didn't work exactly right for me (it is better than it was, though!) I get half of the display, but the other half remains dark. Any solutions you have would be greatly appreciated! Also, your guide was flawless except the PS2 driver - in case anybody else is trying this and wondering why they have no keyboard/mouse :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
This didn't work exactly right for me (it is better than it was, though!) I get half of the display, but the other half remains dark. Any solutions you have would be greatly appreciated! Also, your guide was flawless except the PS2 driver - in case anybody else is trying this and wondering why they have no keyboard/mouse :)

I'm not sure how much you want to start over on the install, but I was using the guide off osxlatitude on my 620 which works amazingly. I believe these systems are very similar and they may be able to help you get this running.

I'm not sure how much you want to start over on the install, but I was using the guide off osxlatitude on my 620 which works amazingly. I believe these systems are very similar and they may be able to help you get this running.

The Big kicker that makes these systems different is the Video. the D620 uses the D945 video driver where the D630 uses either the D965/x3100 or an nVidia 9300.

The D630 with the X3100 works flawlessly except getting the video to work out of the gate. I have tried creating a DSDT.aml but lack the proper knowledge to edit it correctly and finding writes up on how to do so has been a daunting task.

This didn't work exactly right for me (it is better than it was, though!) I get half of the display, but the other half remains dark. Any solutions you have would be greatly appreciated! Also, your guide was flawless except the PS2 driver - in case anybody else is trying this and wondering why they have no keyboard/mouse :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm not sure what to say to that. have you tried hitting F8 and typing

-v "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"

That should force OSX to use that display depth and may fix your video issues.

Ok well boot to -s and type the following commands:

mkdir /backup/

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R/backup/

cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext /backup/

cp -R AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /backup/

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

reboot and it should boot to OSx set sleep display to a corner in expose

OR

here is the easier alternative, but dosent always work but give it a shot

start it up till you here the music and unplug and close the lid

when it sleeps (Which can take up to 30 mins) press power and it should give you a screen enter info and do the Sleep Display in expose

I will look for a script that lets you use login screen (Hmm where is it) :D

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I followed the Jmantoo guide and i still have issues. (But yes it looks to work and i feel i'm closed to got it ;) thanx Jmantoo )

I pluged off the power when the music came but i had to wait the music stopped to be able to configure OSX.

After that i arrived on my desktop with everything working (even QE/CI with my x3100 !!!!) but when i rebooted my main display just showed a black screen (my ext display works).

I don't know what to do... I'll continue to search. Somebody is able to help me earn time?

Thank you

Well, I see your problem, you are using iAtkos which does not compile a working DSDT for your model even if you insert it.

That being said I have Mac OS 10 Lion installed on my D630 with 4GB RAM and the Intel GMAx3100

What you will need:

A Dell Latitude D630

A copy of the MAC APP STORE VERSION of LION (No Piracy)

E.D.P. 2.2 (attached)

Extra (Attached)

8GB USB Drive

USB KB and Mouse

Ok Here is the steps

1. Open Disk Utility and Erase your USB Drive into 1 Partition.

2. Mount your Lion install DVD

then open terminal "

"open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg"

3. in Disk Utility restore Base System .dmg to the USB and MAKE SURE that Erase Destination is checked

4. Go get a cup of coffee

5. Now on your desktop you will see your installer USB

open it up and go to /System/Installation and you will see a shortcut to packages.

TRASH IT and Empty the Trash

6. On your Desktop make a new folder called "Packages" without quotes

7. Drag the new Packages Folder into /System/Installation and it will ask you to Authenticate

8. open terminal and do the command "

"open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages"

9. Copy all of those into the new Packages folder

10. Now Copy the attached extra folder into the root of the flash drive

11. Turn on hidden files in Finder

by running the command

"defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE"

hit enter

then type

"killall FInder"

12. Now copy mach kernal from Install ESD to the Flash Drive

13. install chameleon to THE USB

14.now shrink Snow Leopard down, because you will need 2 partitions 1 for lion 1 for SL

15. Reboot to the USB drive and have your keyboard and mouse ready

16. Install to the Lion partition and when it is done

reboot to SL and copy the extra folder from the USB to the Lion Partition

17. Now Reboot to the USB drive, now choose the Lion Partition

and go through the account setup

18. download e.d.p. 2.2 from OSxLatitude and install it

(Options 1 for mouse

No for the CPU management

No for emulated speedstep

and load it up

19 Restart from USB and choose Lion Partition

20. Install the 10.7.2 update from Software Update