• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

pietz

pietz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i own a 1201N on which wlan doesnt work with osx installed. my sister however has a 1201NL and is probably going to stay with win7.

now, as i want to install osx on my laptop and need the WLAN to work, what would be the easiest thing to do:

- switch the 2 wlan cards
- install win7 for her on my laptop and switch machines with her.
- switch the HDDs and machines afterwards

switching the wlan cards seems the easiest and fastest to me, but because i havent done it before, will i need to do any software based actions afterwards? and how far apart do i have to take the netbook to get to the wlan card?

thanks in advance!

dankind

dankind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i thought the hardware was identical with the N and NL aside from the single core cpu? is that not the case with the WLAN card?

mondial

mondial

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

i own a 1201N on which wlan doesnt work with osx installed. my sister however has a 1201NL and is probably going to stay with win7.

now, as i want to install osx on my laptop and need the WLAN to work, what would be the easiest thing to do:

- switch the 2 wlan cards
- install win7 for her on my laptop and switch machines with her.
- switch the HDDs and machines afterwards

switching the wlan cards seems the easiest and fastest to me, but because i havent done it before, will i need to do any software based actions afterwards? and how far apart do i have to take the netbook to get to the wlan card?

thanks in advance!

:-) if it's your sister she also would change (2)
If you have a 1510 its nice and quite simple to change the wlan-card. about 1 hour. but then you have a plug-n-play situation and osx will recognize at each version ... (1)
Link see: disassemby

milan475

milan475

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
The 1201NL wifi card doesnt work under OSX, because it's the same card that's used in the 1201N. Maybe someone should change the compatibility chart on ww.mymacnetbook.com

And

And

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Configuration:

MB Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 Socket 1155 Intel P67 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 AT...

The 1201NL wifi card doesnt work under OSX, because it's the same card that's used in the 1201N. Maybe someone should change the compatibility chart on ww.mymacnetbook.com

Hi!

The Wlan card is still not supported?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

For future reference, please do not bump posts from 2 years ago.

The wifi card for this laptop is not supported. If you want wifi to work, replace it with a Dell 1510 wifi card and it will work out of the box.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

And

And

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Configuration:

MB Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 Socket 1155 Intel P67 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 AT...

For future reference, please do not bump posts from 2 years ago.

The wifi card for this laptop is not supported. If you want wifi to work, replace it with a Dell 1510 wifi card and it will work out of the box.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

Thanks a lot  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy