carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

to alibaba 2011
i must apology because you were right about carbon copy cloner
yesterday i downloaded the official release of CCC (3.3.7 actually)
and each time i have tried to make a clone it failled ... i don't know why (freezing screen, KP etc)
i will investigate and hope to come back with a solution because this software is really important
see you soon

EDIT: i have tried many things:
CCC 3.3.7 and CCC 3.3.6
deactivate bluetooth and/or Wifi
deactivate screen energy saver
format the usb key in GUID or MBR

NOTHING WORKS ! i am unable to use Carbon Copy Cloner anymore :-(

i think the problem is the aditional 1GB ram installed on the netbook cause it seems to be not very compatible with snow leopard
remove it and try again, if it works, the solution is buying a new ram. (kingston)

HNO3

HNO3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
hello carlitosx

in my opinion, it's not the ram because before i used CCC to clone my osx system on this lenovo s12. and it worked like a charm.
at this time i was using bigbeluga installation tutorial and i was in 10.6.0 system only. It worked perfectly: cloning on external hard drive, booting from it ... cloning back to internal HD. cloning on USB Stisk ... booting on it ... etc etc

there is something different in my system under 10.6.6 ... i will try to find what can it be ... I know that CCC works ... no question about that :-)
i'll keep you informed

EDIT : I FOUND THE SOLUTION : USE Carbon Copy Cloner Without the Battery during cloning
Just take it off ... clone ... it works only without battery
alibaba2011 can you confirm ?

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

hello carlitosx

in my opinion, it's not the ram because before i used CCC to clone my osx system on this lenovo s12. and it worked like a charm.
at this time i was using bigbeluga installation tutorial and i was in 10.6.0 system only. It worked perfectly: cloning on external hard drive, booting from it ... cloning back to internal HD. cloning on USB Stisk ... booting on it ... etc etc

there is something different in my system under 10.6.6 ... i will try to find what can it be ... I know that CCC works ... no question about that :-)
i'll keep you informed

EDIT : I FOUND THE SOLUTION : USE Carbon Copy Cloner Without the Battery during cloning
Just take it off ... clone ... it works only without battery
alibaba2011 can you confirm ?

Confirmed: The amount of ram has nothing to do with it, remove the battery and clone your hd safely.

Ooooh!
Playing SDL Mame now, what a pleasure!
Edit: SDL MAME is a version of the popular multiple arcade machine emulator for almost any platform.
The problem with other versions of mame for mac is, they a are designed for working with the apple original machines. (PS2 keyboard not supported)
With SDL it works, and you can play classic arcade games on your netbook.

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Confirmed: The amount of ram has nothing to do with it, remove the battery and clone your hd safely.

Ooooh!
Playing SDL Mame now, what a pleasure!
Edit: SDL MAME is a version of the popular multiple arcade machine emulator for almost any platform.
The problem with other versions of mame for mac is, they a are designed for working with the apple original machines. (PS2 keyboard not supported)
With SDL it works, and you can play classic arcade games on your netbook.

New SDL MAME Tutorial for playing classic arcade games on your Netbook/Laptop Hackintosh
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=264043

Mayve

Mayve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I can confirm instability while Battery is plugged in (whether Power is plugged-in or not).

So i am not able to:
- install iLife 2011 - Always a Kernel Panic at 80% of progress (Starting scripts)
- Play H264 Videos in Quicktime

Kernel Panic - Referring to AppleACPIBatteryManager

Any Fixes? Can someone confirm this happens only when:
- Battery not removed
AND
- Using 2GB of Ram
?

I am using the "new.zip" with "Boot"-File from Chameleon RC5.

For me, it works like a charm:
- Graphic works including Quarz Extreme, 720p Videos via Youtube seamless
- Wireless LAN works (Taped Pin20)
- Bluetooth works (For Sleep I have to Shut off using switch on the left side, else it will wake up shortly)
- Sound works (also after Sleep)
- Wired Network - Not found (Where is the "Wired Network" kext, written about in Post #1?)
- Camera Works (Only in iChat, not PhotoBooth)
- Card Reader works

------
So...
1) Whats the Problem with AppleAcpiBatteryManger? Any Fixes? / Work Arounds?
2) Bluetooth switched On (Left Side) and Sleep?
3) Kext for Wired Network?
((4) Possible to modify Keyboard Layout? Apple Key to Win-Key, Alt=Alt, CTRL="STRG" (germany Layout ;)))
Is there something i can do to help?

==> Update: When switching GraphicsEnabler=No in plist: No sleep and wake up on lid close/open.

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

I can confirm instability while Battery is plugged in (whether Power is plugged-in or not).

So i am not able to:
- install iLife 2011 - Always a Kernel Panic at 80% of progress (Starting scripts)
- Play H264 Videos in Quicktime

Kernel Panic - Referring to AppleACPIBatteryManager

Any Fixes? Can someone confirm this happens only when:
- Battery not removed
AND
- Using 2GB of Ram
?

I am using the "new.zip" with "Boot"-File from Chameleon RC5.

For me, it works like a charm:
- Graphic works including Quarz Extreme, 720p Videos via Youtube seamless
- Wireless LAN works (Taped Pin20)
- Bluetooth works (For Sleep I have to Shut off using switch on the left side, else it will wake up shortly)
- Sound works (also after Sleep)
- Wired Network - Not found (Where is the "Wired Network" kext, written about in Post #1?)
- Camera Works (Only in iChat, not PhotoBooth)
- Card Reader works

------
So...
1) Whats the Problem with AppleAcpiBatteryManger? Any Fixes? / Work Arounds?
2) Bluetooth switched On (Left Side) and Sleep?
3) Kext for Wired Network?
((4) Possible to modify Keyboard Layout? Apple Key to Win-Key, Alt=Alt, CTRL="STRG" (germany Layout ;)))
Is there something i can do to help?

==> Update: When switching GraphicsEnabler=No in plist: No sleep and wake up on lid close/open.

Hello and welcome!
New fix just published today fixes the system instability while hard disks heavy loads like... cloning hard drives, installing long apps, extracting rar files. etc. etc.
Sleep and lidsleep works, with the lastest dsdt version without issue.
Bluetooth can be disabled using the bradcombluetooth kext as shown in the guide.
The kext for wired network is inside the LenovoS12 repository zip file attached to the guide. The file name is BCM5722D.kext and is located into the Network/Wlan folder. Install using kexthelper as usual.
I know that the guide should be cleaned up, and the files should be repackaged. I promise, ill do it once i have some free time for doing it!
Also we are looking for someone with the knowloge for doing an enabler with all this stuff.
Thank you for posting

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi carlitosx, thank you for your hard work for this machine. I've got osx running better then ever on this machine (youtube as good as perfect on 1080p) . I tried your fix today so I could install Ilife but it still crashes during the install. But that's not my biggest problem. Before I ran kext utility (for the Ilife fix), I had 2 and three finger gestures. But now, after running kext utility, the trackpad doesn't have it anymore. It doesn't react to the system preferences either. When I try to set the trackpad slower it doesn't react. Do you have a possible solution? I tried re-installing the kexts using kext helper, without any succes. I am using your extra folder of the new.zip and the dsdt from the lenovo s12 repository.

and again, thank you!

edit: I might mention that I got a KP while running kext utility the first time I ran it, so I did it again, without KP. Also I always have to force quit kext helper after it says: install looks to be fine, cross fingers and reboot.

I checked S/L/E and I see that there is a ApplePS2Controller.kext, This kext was also in/extra/extensions, I removed the onoe in extra folder and trackpad works again. Now I just have the problem of not being able to install Ilife,

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
You are welcome...
Try repairing permissions, and and install ilife again.
I have it installed without problems.
Good luck!

noizum

noizum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi carlito, seriously big thanks for your work! I've tried countless methods for S12 ION but this guide is the most complete so far. followed your instructions to the letter, but sadly I'm stuck with the same problem as earlier, no matter what combination, booting from Chameleon pendrive and usb drive with OSX, bootloader stuck at KP:

AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.0)@0x29d33000->0x29d73fff
dependency: IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x29aa1000
dependency: IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x29c93000

any ideas greatly appreciated
n

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

hi carlito, seriously big thanks for your work! I've tried countless methods for S12 ION but this guide is the most complete so far. followed your instructions to the letter, but sadly I'm stuck with the same problem as earlier, no matter what combination, booting from Chameleon pendrive and usb drive with OSX, bootloader stuck at KP:

AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.0)@0x29d33000->0x29d73fff
dependency: IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x29aa1000
dependency: IOPCIFamily(2.6)@0x29c93000

any ideas greatly appreciated
n

Hi and welcome!
First i must apologize about the delay on my replies... i have some extra work this weeks, so i am very very busy but i still have some time for replying!
I still dont understand clearly in witch part are you stuck exactly. During the installation process? After installation? First boot?
Please be more specific, and ill help you as far as i can.
Did you follow the guide steps one by one?
Please let me know
Regards
Carlitox

PS: This installation guide works for sure on the netbook hard disk. Not tested on external drives.

revomac

revomac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
First off, AMAZING work on this tutorial. You have absolutely made my week. I've been trying to get this to work on the S12 since 2009. Almost three years later and I have a huge smile on my face. Paired with a OCZ Vertex SSD, this machine is as snappy as a '11 Air! Not even an understatement...

Few quesitons:

Wifi works, however the light isn't on and doesn't blink. Kinda nice since it was annoying, however are other people's lights on?

Second, bluetooth doesn't work at all. Even with the package and kext, it's totally broke. System profiler says "no information found"

Lid sleep doesn't work, but if i manually make it sleep and open the lid, it works.

Other than that, AMAZING!

I'm going to try to upgrade to Lion ;) (currently at 10.6.8 with near perfection)

revomac

revomac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

First off, AMAZING work on this tutorial. You have absolutely made my week. I've been trying to get this to work on the S12 since 2009. Almost three years later and I have a huge smile on my face. Paired with a OCZ Vertex SSD, this machine is as snappy as a '11 Air! Not even an understatement...

Few quesitons:

Wifi works, however the light isn't on and doesn't blink. Kinda nice since it was annoying, however are other people's lights on?

Second, bluetooth doesn't work at all. Even with the package and kext, it's totally broke. System profiler says "no information found"

Lid sleep doesn't work, but if i manually make it sleep and open the lid, it works.

Other than that, AMAZING!

I'm going to try to upgrade to Lion :D (currently at 10.6.8 with near perfection)

OK, since some of you might want to upgrade to 10.6.8 for a possible Lion upgrade, in step 2 when you're updating to 10.6.6 or 10.6.8, after you have edited the plist file and upgraded, you now are at the step with the bluetooth... the acpi pkg doesn't work in 10.6.8, therefore, you need to use this link to get the updated package.... http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=96422

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

OK, since some of you might want to upgrade to 10.6.8 for a possible Lion upgrade, in step 2 when you're updating to 10.6.6 or 10.6.8, after you have edited the plist file and upgraded, you now are at the step with the bluetooth... the acpi pkg doesn't work in 10.6.8, therefore, you need to use this link to get the updated package.... http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=96422

Hi and welcome! Thank you for appreciate the effort!
I am stucked now with some small tweaks for this netbook, like brightness controls and hdmi audio output.
I have recently update my snow to 10.6.8 and for making it work propietly i had to install two new kexts, a new kernel and update the audio kext.... but i didn`t have any problem with the bluetooth. Anyway, if your package works better than the uploaded in my repository ill replace it with yours once i finish to write the new 10.6.8 guide.
Thanks a lot for your help.
One question... witch method did you use to install trackpad kexts? mine? or others?
Sorry for my poor english... again.

PS: Wifi works with the light turned off. Thats normal
PS2: Lid sleep and sleep, they both works using last dsdt dev file. As this file is being modified every two days... and as it is programmed for 3gb config, i am uploading the 2gb version past a few months. Once i have fully tested the 3gb version.

Any help is welcome!

revomac

revomac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
OK, after struggling on 10.6.8 and failing on 10.7.1, I'm now back on 10.6.6. However, my sleep doesn't work at all! Can you please make a new DSDT for 2GBs of memory? Thanks.

1aquila1

1aquila1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
@revomac It is not (yet) possible to install osx lion (10.7) on a netbook since lion is 64 bits and most netbooks are 32.

revomac

revomac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yes, I realized that the hard way.

Otherwise, after hours on RedBull, pounding my head on the desk and maybe even having a tear come out of my eye, I got sleep to work. Somehow, everything I did kept it going to sleep.

I have sleep now. But I have to shut the switch off first (even when bluetooth is off), then sleep, and before I wake up, I have to flip the switch back on or my wifi bricks.

Is there an easier method?

And apologies to the frantic post above. I was at school and was in a little of a frank since I need this laptop for school and spoiling the whole battery for a 7 hour school day in like 3 hours is not cool, just because the darn sleep won't work lol.

revomac

revomac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Ok, I'm perfect on 10.6.6 with sleep and all. I want to update to 10.6.8 for security updates and stuff, but when I update, the apple logo spins indefinitely. What packages/kexts do I need to update for a successful update?

AliBaba2011

AliBaba2011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi everyone - long time no see

After running a perfect 10.6.6 -Thanks to you guys- I tried to update too and failed like revomac with a spinning bootlogo.
Afterwards I read carlitosx's post....

@ carlitosx: Did you already post your new kernel and sound files??? Or did you even finish your new guide?
I tried searching but I just found this old one.

carlitosx

carlitosx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hi everyone - long time no see

After running a perfect 10.6.6 -Thanks to you guys- I tried to update too and failed like revomac with a spinning bootlogo.
Afterwards I read carlitosx's post....

@ carlitosx: Did you already post your new kernel and sound files??? Or did you even finish your new guide?
I tried searching but I just found this old one.

I am on it! this week should be post... promise!

AliBaba2011

AliBaba2011

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I am on it! this week should be post... promise!

You are a genius. Thanks a lot!!!!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy