CUDA-Z Info+Bench (Nvidia only) - updated Dec 2015

mitch_de

86 posts in this topic

hi, dunno if anyone noticed but you'll get a "File not found." if you just go ahead and click on the Developer Drivers for MacOS download link, it tries to go to http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compu....0.14_macos.dmg while it seems it doesn't actually exist, I mean, the update does exists but as a download available after you install 4.0.13 and then update to 4.0.14 trough System preferences... don't beleive it? go ahead and click here to download 4.0.13 then after installed open the pref panel and click update... it'll pull 4.0.14 from god-knows-where and start the setup wizard ... THEN you'll have 4.0.14... how bizarre.

• 4 weeks later...
hi, dunno if anyone noticed but you'll get a "File not found." if you just go ahead and click on the Developer Drivers for MacOS download link, it tries to go to http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compu....0.14_macos.dmg while it seems it doesn't actually exist, I mean, the update does exists but as a download available after you install 4.0.13 and then update to 4.0.14 trough System preferences... don't beleive it? go ahead and click here to download 4.0.13 then after installed open the pref panel and click update... it'll pull 4.0.14 from god-knows-where and start the setup wizard ... THEN you'll have 4.0.14... how bizarre.

The direct nvidia link is ok now.

Lions DP 2 has problem with Cuda driver thinks too.. :blink:

May NOT lie by the Nvidia drivers. At least that CUDA-Z has an Problem. Other Cuda Apps may work with no problem.

You can test for example bandwithtest (its CUDA code). I added some CUDA libs - you may need start terminal first / to cd into that folder / drag& drop the bandwithtest + ENTER first and not only double click it to run.

CUDA_bandwithtest.zip

Thanks!

Also i looked a lot in the CUDA API about that Clock MHz.

The CUDA does read out gpu MHZ same way as OpenCL: Peak MHZ, not the chaning actual MHz.

So MHZ shown are always fixed and not showing gpu powermanaged MHz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello too all,

The application asks me to do an update when I have the latest driver 4.0.17 with Mac OS X 10.7 (11A494a).

cudadriverversion.png

This problem since the update 11A480e to 11A494a.Why ?

Someone one knows the reason for this problem.

Thanks

This problem since the update 11A480e to 11A494a.Why ?

Someone one knows the reason for this problem.

Following n et k a s, I think there is a solution for you.

Check this

This update brings opencl support for fermi to Snow Leopard and breaks cuda

To get CUDA back, execute this command in terminal:

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.01.10.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.02.05.dylib

CUDA needs a libcuda_270.05.05.dylib in this directory.

try to copy cudaframework for previous Lion gfx driver... look in directory to see what CUDA put there. sub that for the 270.xx.xx. I not sure, not at CUDA driven pc atm, but this should work

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.xx.xx.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.05.05.dylib

I haven't done LION yet, but I imagine this is what CUDA is looking for.

Hi myrorym,

I did not understand your explain to me.I made a copy / paste in terminal ?

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.01.10.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.02.05.dylib

cuda.png

Can you give me 270.05.05.dylib please so with this file removes the message.Because I have no file in this folder.

Look in my picture above.

Can you give me 270.05.05.dylib please so with this file removes the message.Because I have no file in this folder.

Look in my picture above.

Try this cmd

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.05.00.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.05.05.dylib

I just had a similar problem with the cuda-z app not finding cuda and that fixed it for me.

bazz.

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.05.00.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_270.05.05.dylib

Yes that is it. You are just copying a previous version of the file to create a new file, one that matches your current video driver.

CUDA update 4.0.17 was before latest LION DP update. CUDA looks for dylib file matching version of your video driver. This creates that file by copying previous version.

I put xx.xx because I wasn't sure what would be in your folder.

Ok,

The problem is still the same with that file, this message still appears.

cuda2.png

As the photo top .

Salut Flashe
to disable naggy startup cuda message you can delete file /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
Voilà voilou

Salut mamadou,

Le problème reste le meme avec ta méthode aucun changement ainsi que les autres à la suite de mon méssage.

cudadriverversion.png

Ok,

The problem is still the same with that file, this message still appears.

Not sure then. Can you use CUDA successfully? If so, the warning would appear cosmetic. I still 10.6.7 so I can't really test, but the command should make CUDA usable if it hadn't worked previously

Yep - or simple remove the prefpane CUDA - its useless (mostly).

The update function often fails and this is the only usage of that prefpane.

CUDA works complete independed of that prefpane !

To remove that right click on that CUDA prefpane (system settings) and then click on the remove...

You can always get here the newest CUDA (win/os x / linux)

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads

hello, what is the solution this time for the new driver 256.02.25f1v1 in 10.6.8 ?

i used:

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.01.10.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.02.25.dylib

but it wont work.

for the last 256.02.05f01 driver:

worked.

thx in advane

ps: could i add a cuda 3.2 lib too that i could use boinc collatz cuda 3.2 apps ?