who got Intel Pro 1000 PL LAN card working?

BuXb

59 posts in this topic

hi JaS, hi ron_artest,

in my sig click onto the link "Chun-Nan's kexts".

If also you click onto "surprise" you will get ALL the kexts I use in my Leo 10.5.4 install (incl. the specific IOPCIFamily from Chun Nan which made my Intel 1000 work) ;)

Cheers & good luck,

Bugs

• 1 month later...

Suddenly, it just stopped working. My ethernet used to "just work," but now it stopped. Anyone got any ideas why?

dmesg outputs:

AppleIntel8254XEthernet: Ethernet address [hidden]
AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address [hidden]
AirPort: Link Down on en1
Intel8254x -- Link Down -- [hidden] -- called by interruptOccurred() -- 
--		Auto-Negotiation Advertisement Register (04d)				= 0xde1
--		Auto-Negotiation Link Partner Ability Register (05d)		 = 0x41e1
--		Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Advertisement Register (09d)		= 0xe00
--		Auto-Negotiation Gigabit Link Partner Ability Register (10d) = 0x4000
--		PHY Specific Status Register (17d)						   = 0x6d00
MAC AUTH succeeded
AirPort: Link Up on en1

• 3 months later...

Hi BugsB,

I installed the ACPIFamily and IONetworking from chun-nan and my PCMCIA is working !

but my intel pro 1000 PL still not detected :(

is there some kext missing here ?

==========

Lenovo Thinkpad T60 2008 EB1 (Kalyway 10.5.2)

-1.67 GHz Intel Core Duo

-2 GB RAM

-ATI Mobility Radeon x1300 - Working w/ QE/CI ENABLED

-Audio > works

-Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG > not working

-Ethernet Intel Pro 1000 PL > not working

• 3 weeks later...
hi costarico,

would you please empty or enable your PM box .. ;) ?

Anyway, I just got home from late shift and am tired - I will upload all my kexts + best kernel + boot plist as working perfectly now in 10.5.2 (fast, no crashes, extremely quiet, no restart/shutdown hangs or delays) tomorrow and send you and some other people the link.

Greetz,

Bugs

Hey BugsBunny,

I have this card too, with same PCI Bridge that you. and use Kalaway Leopard 10.5.2.

I replace my IOPCI and IONetworking with the Chun-Nan's Kext files that you post here (IOPCIFamily.kext + the working IONetworkingFamily.kext), rebuild Extensions.kext, reboot, and nothing.

Am i doing something wrong ?

I have a HP 6275 Notebook with Intel PRO/1000 PL, PCI Bridge 2448.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
hi

My built network is an intel pro/1000 pl network and it works just fine

no modifications to kext or anything it just works

Hi, curlyboy. Tell me please what release of hackintosh do you use on Asus P5LD2 motherboard. I have the same mboard and I have problems with LAN adapter Intel Pro 1000 PL. I've tried iDeneb 10.5.4 and iPC 10.5.6, but that all not helped. They contained only Intel Pro 100 drivers

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've encountered the same problems with the Pro 1000 PL in my Thinkpad T60. It works sometimes. Most of the time, it does not.

After install, the network worked great. After a couple rebooted it stopped, and then last night it worked again. This morning it's not working. It always works in Windows and Linux so I don't believe it's the NIC itself.

I'll try the PCI Bridge stuff, but that just doesn't seem likely because it DOES work sometimes. Maybe sometimes the machine boots up with a specific IRQ setup and it either works or not? I'll try to manually assign some IRQ's to the slots and see what happens.

• 3 months later...

Hey for anyone still on Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (like me), I just got it working by going to the CamphorProject (Voodoo Wifi) site and downloading their kexts and framework:

http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

There were kexts in that package for the 1000 too I think. Note though that i have Voodoo kernel installed (iATKOS 10.5.7). Still no luck with Chun-Nan's fix for my cardbusses/PCMCIA. Not on system Profiler anyway. But I got a difficult rig here, Sony VAIO NR-series... Expresscard slot, not PCMCIA, and two mem card readers, one just for SD/MMC, the other just for MStick. Expresscard is rumoured to work if you insert before boot (no hot-swapping though), someone said that of SD/MMC as well. See almost everyone else has the TI 5-in-1 cardreader, tried that fix over and over, "specific family matching fails".

Any wise words on my card slots? Cheers

EDIT: Woah! Don't mess with the Camphor project just yet... or do so at yr own risk. Yeah it got my wifi working, but then messed my whole OS so badly I had to reinstall! It's still in experimental development stages... BugsB there's no kext for the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG in yr package, does anybody have this working and can they post the kext?

THANKS