Problem booting iatkos v7 Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS

Guest detectivearavind

14 posts in this topic

Guest detectivearavind

hi

i installed iatkos v7 on my Compaq presario c745ee. i have a multi boot of Windowss xp, windows 7 and iaatkos v7

it has been over a year (sumthing lyk tht). i have constantly been using iatkos.

Yesterday, i got a kernel panic. Like always, i restarted my laptop but i cldnt boot into Leopard. I get the apple logo and it keeps spinning for about 1-2mins or so and then shuts down....... :):D

pls help me

i am really grateful to u .....

with the help of Dellmantt iseemed to have figured out the reason

when bootng into -s mode i get an error msg highlighted

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS

is der a way to fix dis??

uploaded pictures of error msgs

hi

i installed iatkos v7 on my Compaq presario c745ee. i have a multi boot of Windowss xp, windows 7 and iaatkos v7

it has been over a year (sumthing lyk tht). i have constantly been using iatkos.

Yesterday, i got a kernel panic. Like always, i restarted my laptop but i cldnt boot into Leopard. I get the apple logo and it keeps spinning for about 1-2mins or so and then shuts down....... :):D

Start in single user mode "-s" without the quotes

If you get an error post a picture. If you get to the prompt in single user mode type "fsck -fy" (without the quotes)

If you get a message, ether system was repaired or system was modified, press up arrow then enter to repeat until it says system is ok. Then type exit or reboot.

pls help me as soon as possible

Thats not the way to ask for help

Guest detectivearavind
Start in single user mode "-s" without the quotes

If you get an error post a picture. If you get to the prompt in single user mode type "fsck -fy" (without the quotes)

If you get a message, ether system was repaired or system was modified, press up arrow then enter to repeat until it says system is ok. Then type exit or reboot.

Thats not the way to ask for help

sry...

but i am a noob and have not used user mode... cld u explain in detail how to get into user mode?

and am sry again... i have my assignments on it and it is due 2mrw..

sry...

but i am a noob and have not used user mode... cld u explain in detail how to get into user mode?

I assume you have "chameleon" boot loader. If it is older it usually says press F8 0r similar for options or some thing like that, then you start typing e.g. -s for single user mode, -v for verbose mode (text based output of your system loading), -x for safe mode. There are more commands as well and they can be used in combination.

Just try -s for the moment.

and am sry again... i have my assignments on it and it is due 2mrw..

We all have problems

BTW Did you change anything before this error happened? Install updates? Install any Software? Or have you been having kernel panics for some time?

Guest detectivearavind
I assume you have "chameleon" boot loader. If it is older it usually says press F8 0r similar for options or some thing like that, then you start typing e.g. -s for single user mode, -v for verbose mode (text based output of your system loading), -x for safe mode. There are more commands as well and they can be used in combination.

Just try -s for the moment.

We all have problems

BTW Did you change anything before this error happened? Install updates? Install any Software? Or have you been having kernel panics for some time?

no i did not change anything. i just connected my printer to print my work and i got a kernel panic (rather an usual thing ... happens to me all the time)

is it my laptop's fault or iatkos problem itself? i do have a lot of kernel panics. if ther is a way to avoid them, i wld really lyk to fix it

Guest detectivearavind
Worry about that later, lets try and fix the problem now.

Have you tried what I have suggested?

yes i did try it

i entered into user mode and entered fsck -fy and got a msg saying finished repairing. reboot now

i rebooted it and then the same thing happens. the logo spins for abt 44 times and shuts down.

Guest detectivearavind
boot with "-v" and see what happens

i got an error failed to load com.AppleSMBIOS sumthing it was highlighted.

then got an eror msg saying cant repair volume MacOSX (MacOSX drive name in which iatkos is installed)

wht shld i do?

No you can only fsck -fy -n single user mode -s not verbose -v.

Do this boot with -v -s (there is a space between the two)

Run fsck -fy again. If it says repaired or modified run again (as i explained before) hopefully after two or more repeats it will say system OK.

You don't need to reboot, just up arrow and hit enter.(or retype the command)

So no reboot after you have done the repair (fsck -fy) type exit and you should see a lot of text as the system is loading. If it stops on an error try and take a photo or tell us what the last fe lines are.

OK just saw your edit, still try what just suggested

Guest detectivearavind
No you can only fsck -fy -n single user mode -s not verbose -v.

Do this boot with -v -s (there is a space between the two)

Run fsck -fy again. If it says repaired or modified run again (as i explained before) hopefully after two or more repeats it will say system OK.

You don't need to reboot, just up arrow and hit enter.(or retype the command)

So no reboot after you have done the repair (fsck -fy) type exit and you should see a lot of text as the system is loading. If it stops on an error try and take a photo or tell us what the last fe lines are.

OK just saw your edit, still try what just suggested

i had a highlighted line " failed to mount com.drivers.applesmbios (sumthing lyk tht)

and yes i tried doing wht u suggested but in vain.. i dont get system ok msg at all .. the msg volume cannot be repaired keeps coming

Unfortunately I can't think of anything to help you now, maybe somebody else can.

I don't suppose you have a backup?

If you have not done any updates since you installed you MAY be able to install the same system over the top and not lose your documents...

Try this search http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...mp;aql=&oq= Might find something in it to help, but sorry I have not got the time right now to research it for you.

Guest detectivearavind
Unfortunately I can't think of anything to help you now, maybe somebody else can.

I don't suppose you have a backup?

If you have not done any updates since you installed you MAY be able to install the same system over the top and not lose your documents...

Try this search http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...mp;aql=&oq= Might find something in it to help, but sorry I have not got the time right now to research it for you.

unfortunately i dont have a backup..

ok i will try researching abt it

thanx for help

Guest detectivearavind

new improvements*

just got my dvd to boot and went into it and used disk utility for repairing it..

got a new error "invalid leaf count (it should be 854 instead of 853)

i cldnt repair it.. need help !?!??!