Dell Studio Laptop 1747

almuras

29 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

ive got lion working, except for audio and wifi.. have all of u got lion installed?

its not the graphics, in the BIOS disable Quick Boot

it worked for me... and does anyone know why the new update for 4650 is 560v?

dkash,

Are you saying that you have full 1600x900 resolution with QE/CI on your LCD? If so, what kext(s) are you using for Lion and if you're using a DSDT, can you provide it? Would be greatly appreciated...

• 1 year later...

I have a Dell studio 1747 and am running Mountain Lion. My problem still is the ATI Mobility 4650. Was anyone able to get this working on their 1747 and have you updated to Mountain Lion?

I am working on the sound. I replaced the wireless card so that works extremely well. When I look at the information for the mobility 4650 I get all kinds of strange information. I installed Kexts from the ATI Shrike(1002_9480). It boots past the apple logo, but then I get a black screen with the backlight on and nothing else. Can anyone load their files if you have it working or maybe a small explanation of what you did? Thanks!