Finally osx in hp g42 (10.6.2) but can't update

vale_99p

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,I'm having a lot of problems making an update to my hackintosh (hp g42 intel core i3),intel hd graphics,everything works perfect except the wifi,however when I want to update from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4,but when I run the combo update,after removing the sleepenabler kext ,a kernel panic appears before the installation is completed,here is an image to the error:

I hope you can help me please,thank youu so muuuchpost-772340-1301967772_thumb.jpg

post-772340-1301967806_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,I'm having a lot of problems making an update to my hackintosh (hp g42 intel core i3),intel hd graphics,everything works perfect except the wifi,however when I want to update from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4,but when I run the combo update,after removing the sleepenabler kext ,a kernel panic appears before the installation is completed,here is an image to the error:

I hope you can help me please,thank youu so muuuchpost-772340-1301967772_thumb.jpg

post-772340-1301967806_thumb.jpg

Whoa, wait a second. How are you even getting that far? Intel HD graphics have been impossible to support. I've got the same laptop and stuck at the same point too.

If you want,I can make a tutorial to show you how to install the 10.6.2 firmware.Wifi is not working but I'm looking for an external adapter,usb is working,sd card reader too,it is very very fast,the resolution is not that bad.

Just let me know if you need the steps :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If you want,I can make a tutorial to show you how to install the 10.6.2 firmware.Wifi is not working but I'm looking for an external adapter,usb is working,sd card reader too,it is very very fast,the resolution is not that bad.

Just let me know if you need the steps :)

Thanks man, but I actually got it to a pretty stable point (minus the graphics, obviously) with the update thanks to this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;st=500

PS: That entire thread is a goldmine for info for the entire Intel HD problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have same Pc, but i dont install the video. I have install 10.6.7. The problem is one file, ioplattformpluginfamiliy.kext. This file is in system/library/extension. Delete this file. Repair permission and delete caches. If you dont know do it, use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], system tools. Reboot and install the combo update 10.6.7. You need update you legacy_kernel to 10.6.6 o 10.6.0. Please, help me with the porblme video. :D Sorry for my poor english. bye

• 3 months later...