ASUS K50ID Guide & Support - Updated (9/11/2011)

ksosx86.

41 posts in this topic

Hi!

Is it possible to enable hardware brightness control on Asus K50ID notebook?

Not a fake software one (such as Brightness Control app, that actually doesn't decrease brightness, but adjusts the gamma in video drivers), but a real hardware (with FN + brightness keys)?

• Like 1

On my ASUS K50ID, the FN key for brightness control is working out of box, even after the updates for 10.6.8 v1,1

I'm going to test for the new distro os iAtkos L2 (Lion 10.7.2 + the updates available)

Since KS is no longer replying here, we need to wait for the proper fix of that distro for this laptop.

Hopefully he will reply (a)

I've found a thread for the USB fix, that only say to install the release you want without any USB fix. I did that and the USB errors are gone (:

Hope it helped (:

César Leitão

Here is the first impressions of the new distro of iATKOS L2 (Mac OS X 10.7.2) on ASUS K50ID

- Very Stable and fast

- Hardware (most specificly), touch input not working (trying to find the right kext, soon i will post it)

- DSDT provided by KS not working here (not booting into the desktop, the screen stucks in black)

- Common USB errors (there isn't a proper fix developed, so just wait for it)

- When attached with an USB mouse, the scroll is inverted (when you go up the page goes down and vice-versa)

- The sound i haven't tested it yet because i've applied the DSDT and need to format the laptop

- Restart needs to be fixed, as the shutdown too

• 2 months later...

Ppl.. on my k50id everything is working.. Sleep mode IS WORKING YES via DSDT!

Webcam try iGlasses to invert the image cuz there isn't any fix yet for that

FN button to brightness is WORKING OUT OF BOX

Sound install Spark Hotkey and assume CTRL + F12 to up F11 to down and F10 to mute

I recently installed 10.7.3,I put things from extra folder and installed kexts from applelife.ru forum for Mac os 10.7 on K50id,and at startup the mac don't want to load dsdt.aml,and without dsdt my sound and wireless don't work.

10.7.x version? iAtkos L2? I tried iatkos,but neither me I can get it work with kexts. The problem is with what you select in customize menu in setup,but from what I read,I can't install Hackintosh without some kexts. Now I have 10.6.8,I installed iAtkos s3 v2,download(from another computer) combo update 10.6.7,install,restart,install 10.6.8 update,don't restart,install chameleon 2.1(I will attach here) install kexts using kext utility,copy files from /extra folder to /extra from your root folder,look in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

and change this hd(0,x) with your partition number,mine is 1.Then go to /extra/extensions/ delete everything and restart.

If someone installed mac 10.7.2 in k50id succesfully,please post images from customize menu.

Chameleon21_1627_blackosx_FaceTime_iClioud_Fix.zip

post-1005532-0-15823200-1338038452_thumb.jpg

post-1005532-0-82824400-1338038453_thumb.jpg

post-1005532-0-21223800-1338038455_thumb.jpg

post-1005532-0-73178000-1338038456_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

10.7.x version? iAtkos L2? I tried iatkos,but neither me I can get it work with kexts. The problem is with what you select in customize menu in setup,but from what I read,I can't install Hackintosh without some kexts. Now I have 10.6.8,I installed iAtkos s3 v2,download(from another computer) combo update 10.6.7,install,restart,install 10.6.8 update,don't restart,install chameleon 2.1(I will attach here) install kexts using kext utility,copy files from /extra folder to /extra from your root folder,look in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

and change this hd(0,x) with your partition number,mine is 1.Then go to /extra/extensions/ delete everything and restart.

If someone installed mac 10.7.2 in k50id succesfully,please post images from customize menu.

asasinuxp,i dont remember but i think that is what i chose but NOT THE AHCI SATA damn..!

Don't choose anything for SATA if you are on asus k50id ! 10.6.8 install (iatkos s2 i think) has the "nvidia data or something like that,if there is that select it but i recommend NOT to select anything anytime you install mac on asus k50id as far as i know you can't set your sata to AHCI so yea. I recommend that because i had kernel panic 1000 times and when i didn't select the SATA everything worked just fine.

• 1 month later...

What dsdt.aml did you use for Lion? And what version of Lion do you have? Now I have some free time,so I installed iAtkos L2 like you said,and everything was ok, now I need dsdt.aml for Lion,and maybe all kexts for Lion.

//Now I'm trying to solve problems using compatible kexts,I didn't find a dsdt fixed.

• 5 months later...

How come you guys still can't fix the shutdown error o.O srsly i installed snow leopard at least 15 times NEVER a shut down problem. Also the camera is upside down for me and everyone even on windows so idk.

Can anyone try installing mountaing lion on it and try to use lion kexts for the ML thx. I would if i could but i took the hard disk out and im using it for my desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

The kexts provided for lion are for 10.7.0 only. When upgrading to 10.7.x it will replace your modded kexts and you wont be able to boot into OSX again even with a modded bootloader like Pirate EFI. (BUG IDK WKY).

keep in mind that this kexts i provided are like in BETA stage. The webcam it's easy to fix the upside down. There isn't any kext available at the moment to fix it. Just use iGlasses to invert the webcam image on any app that requires webcam.

The DSDT compiled it's buggy, it doesn't fix many bugs that this laptop has. Hopefully someone that understand a little more than me can make an compile a modded for Lion.

For the installation of Lion i recommend using a retail copy os OSX Lion and pirate efi for the boot loader (or chameleon late version, idk what it is now). I'm not developing anymore kexts for this laptop since i've bought a MacBook Pro 15" Retina and sold my K50ID.

Best Regards

Kronno Fatal1ty