ASUS K50ID Guide & Support - Updated (9/11/2011)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

nestornillado

nestornillado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi! I have a laptop asus k50af to make hackintos, please helpme!!!

I was instaled OSX86 but my wifi, lan and vga not run. You can helpme please???

Especification

Computadora:
Tipo de computadora ACPI x64-based PC
Sistema operativo Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Service Pack del sistema operativo -
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
DirectX DirectX 10.1
Nombre de la computadora SKYNET
Nombre de usuario John Connor
Dominio de inicio de sesión SKYNET
Fecha / Hora 2011-10-24 / 15:06

Motherboard:
Tipo de CPU DualCore AMD Athlon X2 QL-21, 2100 MHz (10.5 x 200)
Nombre del motherboard Desconocido
Chipset del motherboard AMD 780G/780V/790GX, AMD K10
Memoria del sistema 3072 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
DIMM1: Hynix HYMP125S64CP8-S6 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (6-6-6-18 @ 400 MHz) (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
DIMM2: Hynix HYMP112S64CP6-S6 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (6-6-6-18 @ 400 MHz) (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)
Tipo de BIOS AMI (07/21/10)

Monitor:
Placa de video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 (512 MB)
Placa de video ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 (512 MB)
Aceleradora 3D ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 (M92)
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:
Placa de sonido VIA VT1708S @ ATI SB700 - High Definition Audio Controller

Almacenamiento:
Controlador IDE AMD SATA Controller
Controlador de almacenamiento AZYTWBBP IDE Controller
Disco rígido WDC WD32 00BEVT-80A0RT0 SATA Disk Device (298 GB)
Disco óptico HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N SATA CdRom Device
Disco óptico SNCNI K9INCTI74 SCSI CdRom Device
Estado SMART de los discos rígidos OK

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Dude.. try to find a post for that laptop.. your offtopic (:
This is a topic for K50ID not K50AF

nestornillado

nestornillado

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Dude.. try to find a post for that laptop.. your offtopic (:
This is a topic for K50ID not K50AF

Sorry man! I was posted my laptop. Arrivederci!

korfik

korfik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a problem with my K50ID.
I installed iAtkos v2 and S3 after installing wifi network not found. I tried different kext andnow I can not even wifi, wifi card not installed.
Audio does not work well.

I tried once to install mac os and everything worked but then I had a kernel panic withSleepEnabler.kext. So I reinstalled the iAtkos and so it is

Sorry for my English

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hi, I have a problem with my K50ID.
I installed iAtkos v2 and S3 after installing wifi network not found. I tried different kext andnow I can not even wifi, wifi card not installed.
Audio does not work well.

I tried once to install mac os and everything worked but then I had a kernel panic withSleepEnabler.kext. So I reinstalled the iAtkos and so it is

Sorry for my English

What were your config option during the install?

YukiGuy

YukiGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!

Is it possible to enable hardware brightness control on Asus K50ID notebook?

Not a fake software one (such as Brightness Control app, that actually doesn't decrease brightness, but adjusts the gamma in video drivers), but a real hardware (with FN + brightness keys)?

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
On my ASUS K50ID, the FN key for brightness control is working out of box, even after the updates for 10.6.8 v1,1
I'm going to test for the new distro os iAtkos L2 (Lion 10.7.2 + the updates available)
Since KS is no longer replying here, we need to wait for the proper fix of that distro for this laptop.

Hopefully he will reply (a)

I've found a thread for the USB fix, that only say to install the release you want without any USB fix. I did that and the USB errors are gone (:

Hope it helped (:

César Leitão

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Here is the first impressions of the new distro of iATKOS L2 (Mac OS X 10.7.2) on ASUS K50ID

- Very Stable and fast
- Hardware (most specificly), touch input not working (trying to find the right kext, soon i will post it)
- DSDT provided by KS not working here (not booting into the desktop, the screen stucks in black)
- Common USB errors (there isn't a proper fix developed, so just wait for it)
- When attached with an USB mouse, the scroll is inverted (when you go up the page goes down and vice-versa)
- The sound i haven't tested it yet because i've applied the DSDT and need to format the laptop
- Restart needs to be fixed, as the shutdown too

Mrhalocreeper

Mrhalocreeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
yes where is the kext for the camera?!?!

And please What the {censored} do I do with the K50IDAS.218.zip and the clip how do I install it?

asasinuxp

asasinuxp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello,I have 10.6.8 version and I want to enable sleep mode and brightness and sound buttons from keyboard,how can I do this?

Mrhalocreeper

Mrhalocreeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
sleep mode can't be done as far as i know. The kext did not work for me.

Kronno Fatal1ty

Kronno Fatal1ty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Ppl.. on my k50id everything is working.. Sleep mode IS WORKING YES via DSDT!
Webcam try iGlasses to invert the image cuz there isn't any fix yet for that
FN button to brightness is WORKING OUT OF BOX
Sound install Spark Hotkey and assume CTRL + F12 to up F11 to down and F10 to mute

asasinuxp

asasinuxp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I recently installed 10.7.3,I put things from extra folder and installed kexts from applelife.ru forum for Mac os 10.7 on K50id,and at startup the mac don't want to load dsdt.aml,and without dsdt my sound and wireless don't work.

martinesko36

martinesko36

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey my K50ID doesn't work with dsdt from applelife.ru.
Stuck on pci configuration begin.
Any ideas?

asasinuxp

asasinuxp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
10.7.x version? iAtkos L2? I tried iatkos,but neither me I can get it work with kexts. The problem is with what you select in customize menu in setup,but from what I read,I can't install Hackintosh without some kexts. Now I have 10.6.8,I installed iAtkos s3 v2,download(from another computer) combo update 10.6.7,install,restart,install 10.6.8 update,don't restart,install chameleon 2.1(I will attach here) install kexts using kext utility,copy files from /extra folder to /extra from your root folder,look in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
and change this hd(0,x) with your partition number,mine is 1.Then go to /extra/extensions/ delete everything and restart.

If someone installed mac 10.7.2 in k50id succesfully,please post images from customize menu.

Attached Files

asasinuxp

asasinuxp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have a little problem with keyboard,sometimes when I start the mac the keyboard and touchpad don't work. How I can solve this problem? What logs do you need?

Mrhalocreeper

Mrhalocreeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

10.7.x version? iAtkos L2? I tried iatkos,but neither me I can get it work with kexts. The problem is with what you select in customize menu in setup,but from what I read,I can't install Hackintosh without some kexts. Now I have 10.6.8,I installed iAtkos s3 v2,download(from another computer) combo update 10.6.7,install,restart,install 10.6.8 update,don't restart,install chameleon 2.1(I will attach here) install kexts using kext utility,copy files from /extra folder to /extra from your root folder,look in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
and change this hd(0,x) with your partition number,mine is 1.Then go to /extra/extensions/ delete everything and restart.

If someone installed mac 10.7.2 in k50id succesfully,please post images from customize menu.

asasinuxp,i dont remember but i think that is what i chose but NOT THE AHCI SATA damn..!
Don't choose anything for SATA if you are on asus k50id ! 10.6.8 install (iatkos s2 i think) has the "nvidia data or something like that,if there is that select it but i recommend NOT to select anything anytime you install mac on asus k50id as far as i know you can't set your sata to AHCI so yea. I recommend that because i had kernel panic 1000 times and when i didn't select the SATA everything worked just fine.

asasinuxp

asasinuxp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
What dsdt.aml did you use for Lion? And what version of Lion do you have? Now I have some free time,so I installed iAtkos L2 like you said,and everything was ok, now I need dsdt.aml for Lion,and maybe all kexts for Lion.

//Now I'm trying to solve problems using compatible kexts,I didn't find a dsdt fixed.

Mrhalocreeper

Mrhalocreeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
How come you guys still can't fix the shutdown error o.O srsly i installed snow leopard at least 15 times NEVER a shut down problem. Also the camera is upside down for me and everyone even on windows so idk.

Can anyone try installing mountaing lion on it and try to use lion kexts for the ML thx. I would if i could but i took the hard disk out and im using it for my desktop.

Mrhalocreeper

Mrhalocreeper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Its very simple. I installed lion a long time ago and it worked just fine. I used the kexts provided by Kronno and its fine. IN THE CUSTOMIZATION MENU DONT SELECT ANYTHING BUT PS/2 AND THE CHAMELEON,NO STUPID AHCI SATA !!! NO GRAPHICS STUFF ! YOU WILL JUST GET KERNAL PANIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy