5 replies to this topic

supertom

supertom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi all,

Did something really dumb. Accidentally installed NBI 8.3 on my Macbook and cancelled it halfway and tried to force an eject. When I rebooted I got a kernel panic. I can't boot into safe mode. I take it it's hosed, and I should just reformat and reinstall OSX?

supertom

supertom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi all,

Did something really dumb. Accidentally installed NBI 8.3 on my Macbook and cancelled it halfway and tried to force an eject. When I rebooted I got a kernel panic. I can't boot into safe mode. I take it it's hosed, and I should just reformat and reinstall OSX?

Also, I'm getting the "hibernate image is too old" thing but I can't get out of it. If I try to boot to safe mode it goes straight to it. No chance to type in anything.

supertom

supertom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here's a screenshot:

Please help, thank you!

Attached Files

AlainTox714

AlainTox714

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Here's a screenshot:

Please help, thank you!

GUID SOLUTION:

1) Boot your mac with an OS X Install DVD (doesn’t matter which version, whatever is installed on your system would be best).

2) Start Disk Utility

3) Select the OS X HDD/SSD that you screwed up (not specific partition)

4) Go to the Partition tab

5) Grab the lower right corner of your key partition and resize it a little bit (no matter how much/little you resize it as long as you change the partition size)

6) Click Apply. Relax, this will NOT erase your HDD/SSD, it only rewrites your GUID partition data that will fix your HDD/SSD.

7) Quit the Disk Utility and reboot.

8) Enjoy your restored Mac that should now boot normally!

Hope this help.

supertom

supertom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Alain,

Thanks! I will try that tonight.

supertom

supertom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, I tried that and it fixed it! Thanks Alain. Unfortunately my wife accidentally ran the update and now it's stuck at the apple logo boot screen. Time to look up NBI's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy