First off, I finally applied the patch to the AppleRTC.kext from the update; I get the CMOS reset after wake->restart. The patch no longer works for me, regardless if the RTC length is set to 2 or 4 in my DSDT. Before the update the patch worked. At least I no longer get instant restart and CMOS reset after wake.
Here is my findings thus far:
- Had sleep with no CMOS reset DP1-4, then something changed....
- Had instant system restart and CMOS reset upon wake, not upon restart, then applied AppleRTC fix
- Had working wake and no CMOS reset upon restart
- Updated Lion, no more system restart upon wake, however now I have CMOS reset when I restart after wake
- Applied AppleRTC fix, still have CMOS reset after wake and restart
- No CMOS reset after wake and restart in Snow Leopard (after 10.6.8 update) with RTC length 4, Gigabyte default
I have been reading, and cannot confirm this, but it has been reported that the 10.6.8 update is virtually the same build as 10.7 Lion, minus the cool new "Lion" features. If this can be confirmed, why are we not getting CMOS resets in 10.6.8? I hate to throw a wrench into the gears, but sometimes it gets heads scratching. NVM, just checked out AppleRTC from 10.6.8 and it seems unchanged
Anyway, I have posted my DSDT, along with text file with my extracted APIC. My BIOS is 2x16MBIT, but contains no (eeeeevil) TPM/TCPA chip.If there is anything else I can provide, just say the word.
The only difference i see in your dsdt (did not read it completely, just passed my eyes above it) is that you are using IRQ8 in you RTC device, that is a hook for enabling the STS bit capability. But, Black tested with no differences.
I am sorry but I could not understand your situation: your system do has a problem with RTC reset in latest lion AppleRTC vanilla or not? I was understanding that you had a system without the cmos/sleep problems...
As you report different installs etc, i got a lil confused... I was thinking you had a problem-less system, but i guess not? Without patches in the OS files, you do have the same problems as us? (finally I'm a "lion'er", same problem, no wake + cmos reset)