• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Caos1

Caos1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I have to say that i have successfully got full retail working on dell d420.

I had problems with Iatkos and everything else so i decided to try retail works great!

Known bugs:
* Internal Mic doesn't work
* Default Intel wireless card doesn't work (I replaced with Dell wireless 1390)
*With the dell wireless 1390, every time a new upgrade (I.e 10.6.6 > 10.6.7) I have to install a kext for the computer to detect it
* Preview is broken ( I don't know why but screen shots won't work or pictures won't open)
*Intel Graphics card runs native Only down fall is instead of running it 256mb vram it runs 128mb
but it runs its full 1200 x 800 perfect out of the box
* all the internet browsers have a problem loading youtube except Firefox 3.6xx
*memory card slot doesn't work
* Of course sleep mode

And that's bout it, Blue Tooth is 100% perfect (runs better then Windows) I have the App store, Full updates and Xcode is perfect reads my full processing power and well I'm using it right now :)

Acro_Design

Acro_Design

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
could you do me a favour and let me know what kext you install for your wireless card, i have been trauling the net and nothing usfull is coming up, i use the same wireless card as you in my acer 5750 (had to mod the bay to fit it lol) but the card works on 10.6.3 no luck with 10.6.7 even with pci kext and network kext from 10.6.3

Caos1

Caos1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

could you do me a favour and let me know what kext you install for your wireless card, i have been trauling the net and nothing usfull is coming up, i use the same wireless card as you in my acer 5750 (had to mod the bay to fit it lol) but the card works on 10.6.3 no luck with 10.6.7 even with pci kext and network kext from 10.6.3

well i got a kext for 10.6.7

now the only issue its lagging as in dashboard and when i click folders

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Your GPU is an Intel GMA 950. The reason why Preview doesn't work and Dashboard lags is because your GMA probably isn't accelerated. You could get around Preview not working by using Quicklook (Press Space on the file) on pics, docs, and PDF's.

Download this package. Find out your Device ID fo the GMA (27A2, or 27AE) and install the appropriate kext. Try without Natit first.

Caos1

Caos1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
ok ill try that, so is it possible to fix preview?

edit: i look at the program and can tell which one to click :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy