Black Screen After Boot

MugenFox

5 posts in this topic

So I just installed graphics kext for my video card and now when I turn on my computer, I see the Apple logo and then when the GUI is supposed to load I get a black screen and a no input message on my monitor. I would like to know how to fix this. I am running on iATKOS S3 V2 with 10.6.7. My video card is the Radeon HD4650 and I am dual booting with Windows 7 Home premium x64 with Chameleon RC4. Thanks a lot.

So I just installed graphics kext for my video card and now when I turn on my computer, I see the Apple logo and then when the GUI is supposed to load I get a black screen and a no input message on my monitor. I would like to know how to fix this. I am running on iATKOS S3 V2 with 10.6.7. My video card is the Radeon HD4650 and I am dual booting with Windows 7 Home premium x64 with Chameleon RC4. Thanks a lot.

Didn't I tell you to add device-ID :o, try booting with flag "-x -v" without speechmarks, tell me if it boot (may take a while). If it boots, come back here and let's get the device-ID sorted, so it loads.

I checked the .kext file and it had numerous device IDs including mine so I left it unchanged. I'm doing something at the moment but I will use -x -v and tell you what happens.

follow mucha's guide he has a 4650, bcc9's guide, mwarsh guide. This will surely fix black screen at boot :o

Can you please give me links to them. Sorry to bother you.

EDIT:

Can someone please help me. I don't want to reinstall but I have a feeling I will need to. Do I need EVOLoader from the iATKOS disk? And also, do I need the files that relate to 48xx (Framebuffer and something else is what's on the disk)?