Will it run ?

fristys

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm really new to the Hackintosh world, so I could use some help.

I have the following notebook:

Acer Travelmate 5740G

CPU: Intel Core i3-370M (2.4Ghz, 3MB L3 Cache)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (1024MB VRAM)

RAM: 4GB DDR3

The rest of the specs are like the Notebook's default ones.

I searched through tons of compatibility lists and I still can't find if my notebook is OS X compatible.

I'd appreciate someone telling me whether it's possible to run Hackintosh on it and if thats possible to explain how to install it so that it can dual boot with Windows 7.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Ok, let me give some feedback to the guys that might help me, or have the same laptop as me.

I found out that my Ethernet/Wifi card was a Broadcom BCM57780, also I managed to install and run successfully the iATKOS v7 distro (using the -v -f busratio=20 boot command) with the following things working/not working:

Working:

- My processor is identified and works like a charm (core i3-370m)

- The Laptop battery icon works properly

- Only Ethernet worked on my Broadcom (downloaded a custom kext from insanelymac forums)

- My touchpad/trackpad works properly (thanks to a custom file, also obtained from these forums)

Not Working:

- No matter what tweaks I do my GPU - the ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 doesn't even get identified in the system (it identifies my integrated VGA instead...quite wierd)

- I didn't manage to get any sound out of it

- OS doesn't want to boot unless I write the -v -f busratio=20 boot command

There are probably other details that I haven't really looked into, but for now I'm sticking with Windows, at least until some improved support over my hardware.

Cheers.

• 8 months later...

Okey i have the same laptop Travelmate 5740g but mine is with i5 so i try to instal lion it runt normalny i start it with no comands , but the keyboard and mouse wont work i have to use external usb divice .

For the ati card check out this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CFvM5qIGE

in the discription there is a link for the ati video card driver try it , i havent try it yep .I wont to run the keyboard and the trackpad.Can you share link of wich kext you run to make the keyboard/mouse work ? Thank you