amzor

61 posts in this topic

I got Lion running on my Dell Inspiron 530 using:

• Chameleon 2 RC5 rev. 760<
  • Kext Wizard
  • FakeSMC.kext 3.1.0
  • IOATAFamily.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2

I am very interested in the new Clover EFI Bootloader Project over at projectosx.com

Guide:

1 - Mount your Lion image

3 - Restore “BaseSystem.dmg” (hidden file) from install disk to a USB drive

4 - Remove “Packages” alias from System/Installation on the USB drive

5 - Copy /Packages from 10.7 image to /System/Installation in external USB drive

6 - Install the latest Chameleon RC5 rev. to the USB drive: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225766

7 - Navigate to System/Library/CoreServices folder on the USB drive and delete PlatformSupport.plist

8 - Copy FakeSMC.kext and IOATAFamily.kext to System/Library/Extensions

9 - Repair permissions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253395

10 - Put your DSDT.aml and com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra

11 - You may wan't to add some of these to your plist

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

12 - Test and troubleshoot

Please let me know if you get Lion working, if I missed something, or if you've found a better way.

• 1 month later...
I got Lion running on my Dell Inspiron 530 using:

• XPC 0.82.3
  • DuetToHdd
  • Kext Utility 2.5.0b
  • EvOreboot.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext 2.1
  • NVEnabler 64.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I am very interested in the new Clover EFI Bootloader Project over at projectosx.com

Do you mind some explanation or a short write up of how u did it as well as what works and what doesnt work in it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can you post a DSDT with sleep working?

This is the DSDT I got to work with my Snow Leopard.

Hitting the Power Button puts the rig to sleep (display off, fans off, USB devices off, power light flashes). Press any key to wake-up (within 2 seconds).

On wake, the only item that does not resume is sound. In the logs I see Assertions from the patched AppleHDA kext. I have tried many different sound drivers put nothing works after sleep (some even KP on boot).

I am on 10.6.7. I have not updated to 10.6.8 yet (but should be OK I believe). Will update to 10.6.8 when Lion releases and then buy Lion through App Store.

macnb.dsdt.dsl.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much for the DSDT my sleep works in Lion :D

It works fine, although i removed the SAT0/SAT1 Id's since i use my own plist.

Cheezmen,

Did you do something special to get Sleep to work. I used the same DSDT and it didn't work. I wonder if I have something extra that breaks the sleep.

Got pretty far, but now I'm stuck at still waiting for root device... Got tired of trying things to get it to work so I'll let it rest for now and hope someone else experiences the same problem and got a fix :(

Okay nevermind that, putting the HDD at SATA-0 helped a lot. Next up: stuck at DSMOS has arrived..

Hmm seems like I'm on a roll, booted, don't have internet access and gotta fix my video (nVidia GT430)

I am getting nowhere fast with this. Following OP's instructions, I first got an error message the mach_kernel was missing. After adding that to the install drive, I boot up to the utilities page and on clicking restore/install I get an error message:

This copy of the Install Mac OS X Lion application is damaged.

and that's the end of the show. I've tried a couple of times with no good results. Mostly, the usb drive prevents the Dell from completing POST.

I used Kakewalk from my existing snow installation to 'burn' the install files onto a spare partition, and then booted from that using chameleon.

I was then able to install without issues from that partition, and i applied my kexts.

The only kexts that are NECESSARY are one for audio, fakesmc (or like), and one for data (if you do not use DSDT injection)

I'll post up my kexts tomorrow

Thanks so much for the DSDT my sleep works in Lion :P

It works fine, although i removed the SAT0/SAT1 Id's since i use my own plist.

I am glad it helped :P

Does your audio work after waking up from sleep ?

I still cannot that to work. I am using some patched Apple HDA.kext from far back in time.

Care to share your audio kext ?

Just for interest, regarding the SATA, do you use IDE or RAID mode in the BIOS setup ?

Care to share you SATA plist ?

I use voodooHDA now because of the no sound after sleep issue.

I attached my legacy kext( combined all the patches i use) for your benefit to tinker with.

I use RAID in bios, but not really raid

LegacyPatches.kext.zip

EDIT: I modified (well copy and paste) a VoodooHDA to give 4 (3back+1front) stereo channels out and 2 (2 Back 0 front) stereo in. Does anyone know how to fix the front panel mic? It works fine with regular voodoohda, but that only has 2 out and 2 in

Ok so I made a kext which has both frontpanel ports working, and read mic + 3/4 line outs.

The grey line out doesnt work (AFAIK, maybe my physical port is damaged) and there is no blue lineout rear option in settings as it broke front mic (and im sceptical as to whether it worked.)

I'll post up the kext tomorrow, but itd be best if we could get autoswitch working

Ok so I made a kext which has both frontpanel ports working, and read mic + 3/4 line outs.

The grey line out doesnt work (AFAIK, maybe my physical port is damaged) and there is no blue lineout rear option in settings as it broke front mic (and im sceptical as to whether it worked.)

I'll post up the kext tomorrow, but itd be best if we could get autoswitch working

Hey Cheezmen,

Can you pls share you audio kext ?

it's well past tomorrow :blink:

Oh, i totally forgot about this threqad :\

Here is a VoodooHDA.kext With Working 8 channel output (10 including headphone autoswitch)

The inputs i cant test aswell, but i found that plugging a mic into either front or back port will play it through both outputs anyway...

Maybe somebody can improve it?

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

I think if you have hdmi audio you'll have to add a hdmi device in voodoohda. Im not too sure how, but i think there is info on pr0ject0sx

• 3 weeks later...

Created the boot stick as per instructions and booted verbose.

No issues with any kext, but when it gets to the /Extra/dsdt.aml file it bombs out.

post-61575-1314645686_thumb.png

(last line hard to read, just says FADT: Using custom DSDT! )

It does not hang, but restarts immediately. I'm using the dsdt.aml from my snow leopard that had always worked (this was generated by the snow leopard install, Snowleopard Universal 3.5).

I'm not sure where to go from here, open to any suggestions...

I did try MacNB's version, but same result.

dsdt.dsl.zip

thanks.

Check out my Inspiron 580 instructions for a retail 10.6.8 install on this forum...

It may help you get a DSDT-free 100% hackintosh.

I only have two small glitches on mine, one is graphics card related, the other is an issue with esoteric protocols and networking (VNC, PS2).

Apart from that 100% power features, and force 64bit, all fine! Full 64bit kernel and extensions, including TuxeraNTFS & MacFUSE.

Cheers,

themacmeister

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Cheezman and MacNB. I was able to successfully install Lion on my Inspiron 530

Here is how I got it working

Set SATA Mode in BIOS to RAID(as there is no AHCI option)

Used MacNB's DSDT (Deleted the SAT0 and SAT1 as per Cheezman's instructions)

Used Cheezman's LegacyPatches.kext and VoodooHDA.kext

I had to use the above for both the USB Drive used for installation and also on the drive where Lion was installed.

For network I used the AppleIntel1000E.kext (Intel82566MM.kext also works)

I also updated successfully to 10.7.2 from the "Software Update" Menu

The only issue I have is that iCloud is not working. When I try to configure iCloud with my Apple ID I get the error message "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." My Apple ID works fine with iCloud on my iPhone 4

I tried to upgrade Chameleon to the latest 2.1 version to see if it fixes the issue. But it causes Kernel Panics so I had to refer back on that.

I would appreciate if any of you could share if iCloud is working for you and how you got it working.

Thanks

Thanks to Cheezman and MacNB. I was able to successfully install Lion on my Inspiron 530

Here is how I got it working

Set SATA Mode in BIOS to RAID(as there is no AHCI option)

Used MacNB's DSDT (Deleted the SAT0 and SAT1 as per Cheezman's instructions)

Used Cheezman's LegacyPatches.kext and VoodooHDA.kext

I had to use the above for both the USB Drive used for installation and also on the drive where Lion was installed.

For network I used the AppleIntel1000E.kext (Intel82566MM.kext also works)

I also updated successfully to 10.7.2 from the "Software Update" Menu

The only issue I have is that iCloud is not working. When I try to configure iCloud with my Apple ID I get the error message "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." My Apple ID works fine with iCloud on my iPhone 4

I tried to upgrade Chameleon to the latest 2.1 version to see if it fixes the issue. But it causes Kernel Panics so I had to refer back on that.

I would appreciate if any of you could share if iCloud is working for you and how you got it working.

Thanks

smbios.plist have proper serial ?

Ethernet built-in ? (also the kext is AppleIntelE1000E.kext missing an E)

I am thinking of trying this with Lion USB install ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), I had a perfect install without DSDT in Snow Leopard... See my retail/non-retail threads in this forum. Is DSDT a necessity in Lion?

Also, how do you remove SAT0/SAT1 in DSDT.dsl?

Oh, this isn't compiled... Can someone recommend a good GUI dsdt editor/compiler?!

I am thinking of trying this with Lion USB install ([url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]), I had a perfect install without DSDT in Snow Leopard... See my retail/non-retail threads in this forum. Is DSDT a necessity in Lion?

Also, how do you remove SAT0/SAT1 in DSDT.dsl?

Oh, this isn't compiled... Can someone recommend a good GUI dsdt editor/compiler?!

dsdt editor.. file> extract dsdt

patch SAT0 with device id of ESB2 2681

make sure Device (PCI0) has _UID

fix OSID : replace "Windows 2006" with Darwin

fix shutdown _PTS

a few more things.

post your dsdt and ill compare to one i have and add patches

did u have 10.6.8 working fine ?