Webcam / Adobe flash player

Eos9

1 post in this topic

I would appreciate any help or advice in trying to use my external Webcam with Adobe flash player.

At the moment I currently use a chat program that uses Adobe flash player to broadcast or receive video.

The built in webcam on my Imac works with this but unless I tip the screen downwards it tends to broadcast just the top of my head !

With this in mind I would like to use my logitech quickcam pro4000 webcam as I can position or tilt it to suit.

However despite Downloading the Logitech program / driver & latest version of Adobe flash player it does not appear to allow me to do this.

Although I can open the Logitech Quick capture program and view the video from the external webcam , it does not appear listed in the drop down pane within Adobe flash player settings. This means I don't get the option to change the camera and can only view via the built in webcam on my Imac.

I have also noticed that if I click on the Apple CameraWindow Icon on the dock it shows 'no camera was found'.

With this in mind I would appreciate any help in allowing me to view my external webcam using such programs as Adobe flash player.

Thanks - Eos