My iMac Intel 20"

32 posts in this topic

That was a bit harsh, Kiko. I'm not a mod or anything, but geezus man, learn to control that attitude will ya? You need to choose the path to help people or hurt, but you can't do both. Pick a path and stay on it.

bb

ps

JAPPO: Don't let the minority be the basis for the opinion about the majority, please. Humans ain't apples - one bad one (or slightly off-center one attitudewise) does not make the entire crop bad. :(

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a:

Dell

Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4 ghz)

2 gigs DDR2 ram (600 or something mhz)

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256 mb

19 inch ultrasharp LCD monitor

320 gig hard drive

And all the other good stuff including 10 USB ports, PLENTY of room for upgrading with PCI slots, and etc.

For $1709 CAD (probably $1500 or so American.)

And are you telling me the 24 inch iMac with LOWER specs and HIGHER price is better?

I just don't get why that could be. I also have trouble believeing Mac said they beat Dell's prices... for what I can see, Dell beat them in prices AND specs.

The 24" iMac probably got a better screen, and better gfx, and better wlan, and bluetooth onboard, and webcam, and doesn't look like {censored}, and it runs a decent OS instead of the regular x86 {censored}.

Thought maybe you will just steal the OS, but that doesn't make your purchase better. You aren't suppose to be able to and you shouldn't do it.

Your forgetting the faster processor... which is the most important part of the computer.

Your also forgetting the 1 gig of more ram. Which from what I see, is quite expensive if you buy with Apple.

No, you are just proving your lack of knowledge. I don't give a {censored} about the CPU, 2.33GHz core 2 duo or 1.83GHz doesn't matter for me. I don't know when I need such a fast CPU anyway. 1.5GHz Athlon-XP or similair would work for me aswell.. The most important part for me is that it works, and secondly the graphics card since that is what makes all the difference for games which I don't use to play. And you as a gamer should really look at gfx and not CPU, but since you don't know {censored} you don't pick the machine with highest MEGAHURTZXZZ!"#!!!!one!1

1GB ram isn't that expensive, and you don't have to buy it from Apple.

For 600 dollars more, I could get a better graphics card and a better hard drive & still have all the room for upgrading + the better cpu.

And I don't think OS X has all the stuff I need (games)

Yeah, but it's not a mac, people buying macs want macs, they don't want "a fast pc", they want a mac.

Also if OS X isn't for you why are you here to begin with? If you are a gamer stay with Windows.

I don't know if running Mac OS X on a PC is worth the trouble? Is it reliable?
No, please go away, we don't want you ;)
When Steve Jobs said Macs are cheap than Dells, it's not true. I got a

Dell Dimension 1100

2.6Ghz Intel Celeron D

512MB RAM

Intel 82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Onboard Video)

17" Free Upgrade CRT Monitor along with a keyboard and two button scroll mouse.

All that was only $400 but I got it free as part of my internet package. The cheapest computer Apple sells is $600 (CAD) and doesn't have a monitor or keyboard/mouse.

Although I guess the price difference is only by $600, it's not that much but it still does mean Dells are cheaper though.

A CRT is worth like nothing, your integrated graphics are probably an older modell, and the Celeron is {censored} compared to Core Duo. Also that doesn't include the cost of OS X and iLife and it's not in a such nice form factor as the Mac mini.

Buy your {censored} Dells if you want to but don't go here and everywhere else saying they are better value than a Mac. I've had and have a PC, but I don't give a {censored}. Windows is {censored} and the free OSes isn't that great for a desktop. I want the experience and not "a fast machine which works like {censored} / is a pain to use". My old Amiga 1200 is more fun than todays PCs.