• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

McRonald

McRonald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I followed T3mur's advice and bought the DL-DVD's and burned them with my external La Cie DL DVDburner. It worked great. The best advice I have read thus far. Allthough beautiful, the 9a410 is clearly still a beta. Not advisable for work.

KiDoNL

KiDoNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hi, i tried this but i'm new to this stuff so could someone write me a short but very detailed tutorial on how to do this and exactly what files to choose as source and destination? i believe i am doing something wrong, the furthest i came is trying (i say TRYING) to restore the first image onto the 4.4 gb image, but i get a "An error (22) occurred while copying. (Invalid argument)" failure... both images are empty again after that

thanks

t3mur

t3mur

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:Everything Interesting.

I followed T3mur's advice and bought the DL-DVD's and burned them with my external La Cie DL DVDburner. It worked great. The best advice I have read thus far. Allthough beautiful, the 9a410 is clearly still a beta. Not advisable for work.

See. The man has spoken.

KiDoNL

KiDoNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
same here, burned onto a DL DVD. but iit appears as if my eMac cant even read it, it just spits it out again, so i installed it via my dad's macbook pro and firewire, worked like a charm

TheQuantumByte

TheQuantumByte

Livin' the OS X Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests: Mac Fanboy and Tech Enthusiast. Author of TQB, a TechBlog which delivers the latest new...

Hey,

I have same problem as someone before me. I have a MacPro and an external USB 2 harddrive. When I mount the image which resides on the main harddrive, I cant install 10.5. Tried with the OSinstall.mpkg but when I should select what drive to install it on it says "You cannot install MacOS X on this volume. MacOS X cannot start up from this volume".

What am I doing wrong? This approach used to work perfectly on 10.4 and I remember using this techniqe on betas of 10.4

Lol I think it's rather interesting as to why you would be installing betas of 10.4 on your thumping new Mac Pro?

KiDoNL

KiDoNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
of course he meant that he used this technique on other macs DUHH

hiohokaybye

hiohokaybye

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
mine's say no enogh space when i try to move the Leopard.sparseimage to the boot.sparseimage help please

damasta

damasta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i have some better ideas I think...

open up disk utility...

plug in your ipod (who doesn't have one??!?!?)

restore your ipod using the image that you downloaded...

plug in ipod when computer is booting and hold option down...

select the ipod to boot from...

vula (or however the {censored} u spell that)...

EDIT: forgot "..."s after a line... :whistle:

iDarbert

iDarbert

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

perhaps. I mean, for the hackintosh DVDs, i remember i installed them on literally about 50 machines (i should've charged, but im a nice guy :( ) Anyways, depending on DVD read speed, the DVD usually takes a bit. At most maybe 10-15 minutes to get past the Apple Logo. You sometimes hear the drive cranking away during this time. I'm sure its the same for the legit Apple install disk. So give it like 15 minutes.

What? I never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes for the setup screen to appear, no wonder I thought it hanged!

tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

null

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
is there any way to do this within windumb?
want to do it on my friend imac
i have a dvd+/-rw drive.
got image from demoi...(coughcough)..er dvd from Apple online store (cough)

NDBonuce

NDBonuce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am in need of some help. I am trying to back up my Leopard DVD to a DVD-DL, with no success.

I think the issue is that I cannot make the DVD bootable. Can someone explain to me what I need to do (including what options I need to select).

Here is what I have tried:

In 10.4.10

1. Open Disk Utility
2. Highlight "Mac OS X Install DVD" in the left
3. Click "Create New Image"
4. I name the file "Mac OS X Install DVD" and I select the options of Image Format "DVD/CD Master" and Encryption "None"
5. I click save
6. When the image is finished I eject the Leopard DVD.
7. I then insert a blank Dual Layer DVD
8. I go back to Disk Utility
9. I highlight the Mac OS X Install DVD
10. I click Burn.

I have created two DVD's that appear to be install DVD's, but they are not bootable. I see a lot of posts saying remember to make it bootable, but I don't know how to do this, or even in which step that is done (in creating the image or burning the DVD).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy