268 replies to this topic

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Hello Janek202

Great App! I've been using her for years, with the recent OS X El Capitan changes some things are now broken like Repair Permission. Also would you be willing to add the option for installing Kext Extensions into /Library/Extensions/ along with /System/Library/Extensions/ and Extra and Extensions.mkext on Desktop? Kext Wizard would then be able to do-it-all, you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders if you wanted to just go completely overboard.  :w00t:

Obviously this can all be achieved manually with terminal but your Apps a heck-of-allot easier!

Gratitude,

Robert aka Mrengles

wegface

wegface

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:watching paint dry

you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders

But what on earth is so hard about copy/paste?

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Nothing wrong with copy and past... If you would have quoted/read my posted correctly you would have seen that.

...you could even add the option to install Kexts into /EFI/clover/kexts/10.x/ folders if you wanted to just go completely overboard.  :w00t:

I can quote parts of post and make people look like an idiot too.

... would you be willing to add the option for installing Kext Extensions into /Library/Extensions/ along with /System/Library/Extensions/

But what on earth is so hard about copy/paste?

I guess if you want more specifics about the process, the hidden EFI portion needs to be mounted every time you want to make changes. An updated Kext Wizard, could do that, and install into the right Clover location by getting into from the current running OS.

Have a great day!

Mrengles

wegface

wegface

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Hmmm. O....K. :surprised:

At no point did i try to "make you look like an idiot"

Kexts to clover folder need no installation, so no need to use any automated app to do this. EFI is "hidden" for good reason, why people always find this to be problematic i do not know.

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Hmmm. O....K. :surprised:

At no point did i try to "make you look like an idiot"

Kexts to clover folder need no installation, so no need to use any automated app to do this. EFI is "hidden" for good reason, why people always find this to be problematic i do not know.

I don't know either... No need for Kext Wizard either its just saves steps and makes life easier. Do you use an app or Terminal to mount your "hidden" EFI partition? Well if Kext Wizard was updated to install Extensions into the Clover kext folders you wouldn't need to do either. Again it would just make managing Extension with Kext Wizard MORE helpful.

A little tip for easy access to the EFI partitions. Add this to your ~/bash_profile

# Mount hidden EFI partitions
alias mountEFI0='mkdir /Volumes/efi0 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi0'
alias mountEFI1='mkdir /Volumes/efi1 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi1'
alias mountEFI2='mkdir /Volumes/efi2 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efi2'
alias mountEFI3='mkdir /Volumes/efi3 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk3s1 /Volumes/efi3'
alias mountEFI4='mkdir /Volumes/efi4 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi4'
alias mountEFI5='mkdir /Volumes/efi5 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk5s1 /Volumes/efi5'

Edited by Mrengles, 04 September 2015 - 03:40 PM.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

I don't know either... No need for Kext Wizard either its just saves steps and makes life easier. Do you use an app or Terminal to mount your "hidden" EFI partition? Well if Kext Wizard was updated to install Extensions into the Clover kext folders you wouldn't need to do either. Again it would just make managing Extension with Kext Wizard MORE helpful.

A little tip for easy access to the EFI partitions. Add this to your ~/bash_profile

# Mount hidden EFI partitions
alias mountEFI0='mkdir /Volumes/efi0 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi0'
alias mountEFI1='mkdir /Volumes/efi1 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi1'
alias mountEFI2='mkdir /Volumes/efi2 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efi2'
alias mountEFI3='mkdir /Volumes/efi3 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk3s1 /Volumes/efi3'
alias mountEFI4='mkdir /Volumes/efi4 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk4s1 /Volumes/efi4'
alias mountEFI5='mkdir /Volumes/efi5 && sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk5s1 /Volumes/efi5'

I see your point about updating Kext Wizard.  If I am going to keep it sitting in my dock, it makes sense for it to be able to work well with the newest OS.  Clover configurator will also mount the EFI partition but I choose to have my EFI partition mounted at all times.  Therefore, I use the Clover prefpane to mount the EFI partition.  The command to mount the EFI partition is put into the NVRAM.plist.

Attached File  Untitled.png   68.41KB   3 downloads

wegface

wegface

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

terminal is god. I dont want to use any app to mess with my system, i can mess it up all on my own. :lol:

Mrengles

Mrengles

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Actually its easier to just use 'diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1' where X is the disk number.

One simple command :D

Well thats even easier. Thanks PJALM!

kjp4756

kjp4756

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Actually its easier to just use 'diskutil mount /dev/diskXs1' where X is the disk number.

One simple command :D

Even easier to use 'diskutil mount EFI' if your partition is labeled EFI.  You can also omit the /dev/ part as well ie. 'diskutil mount disk1s1' works fine.

the diskutil command is wonderful.  Before discovering it I used to do 'mkdir /Volumes/EFI ; sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1'. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kext, Installer, wizard

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy