• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Please see the attached PDF document which outlines step by step with pictures how to add an Apple Bluetooth module like the ones found in the iMac, Macbook, and Macbook Pro to your Hackintosh PC for fully working Bluetooth just like a real Mac.

Attached File  How_To_Add_an_Apple_Bluetooth_module_to_your_PC.pdf   331.72KB   9325 downloads

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Myself and notshy have hardware on the way to test your method :)

Ash85

Ash85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for this guide, been looking for a perfect Bluetooth solution for soooo long now, got my perfect setup now

Rebound

Rebound

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
All I did was buy a Mac-compatible Bluetooth dongle from Fry's for about $10. It plugs into USB and the Hackintosh sees it just fine. I'm using my iPad now, but if you want me to provide details, send me a PM and I'll post everything I can find out about it.

Ash85

Ash85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

All I did was buy a Mac-compatible Bluetooth dongle from Fry's for about $10. It plugs into USB and the Hackintosh sees it just fine. I'm using my iPad now, but if you want me to provide details, send me a PM and I'll post everything I can find out about it.

This ones a bit different tho, the dongles (apart from the old DLINK one with Mac firmware) can't wake from sleep using a bluetooth device, like if you have a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse and you press a key it wakes up, no USB keyboard/mouse needed :-D

HELLFISH

HELLFISH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I will soon test this method as well. thanks for the post, very nice.

Rebound

Rebound

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

This ones a bit different tho, the dongles (apart from the old DLINK one with Mac firmware) can't wake from sleep using a bluetooth device, like if you have a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse and you press a key it wakes up, no USB keyboard/mouse needed :-D

I don't know. My Hackintosh can't sleep, so I haven't tried that. The dongle I purchased is the IOGear GBU321, which costs about $23 at Fry's. It is a USB dongle which the Mac recognizes automatically; I didn't need to install or add driver software. It works very well, but you're correct, I never tested whether it supports Wake from Sleep.

cochon

cochon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Go to Frys get this one " SABRENT Mini Bluetooth USB Adapter " Part# 6103319, it costs $9.99. It works OOB with my Trackpad, but cannot wake computer, I have to used keyboard. Hope this help

Nathan Deamer

Nathan Deamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
For anyone that doesn't have a spare USB header on the motherboard:

1. Get a normal USB A to B Cable.
2. Cut the end off and strip to get access to Red, White, Green and Blue cables.

Working fine for me.

I then ran the cable through the computer and behind one of the CD/DVD plastic blanking plates.

sprockett

sprockett

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Very nice guide.
Ive got a few Bluetooth dongles but none wake from sleep, I ordered a apple one a few days ago...(Ebay) should be here any day.

xrumer

xrumer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bravo!

tonelab77

tonelab77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
You, my good sir, are a genius! Thank you!

sprockett

sprockett

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well my original apple (G5) module arrived installed no problems, running very well... Except wake from sleep.
It is grey'd out and cannot select. Ive tried the apple firmware update for the module.
Checked the kext and its listed in there.
Any ideas?

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
I ordered the parts and made this for my Hack, now I can wake from sleep using the Apple bluetooth keyboard.

Swhay

Swhay

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Well my original apple (G5) module arrived installed no problems, running very well... Except wake from sleep.
It is grey'd out and cannot select. Ive tried the apple firmware update for the module.
Checked the kext and its listed in there.
Any ideas?

I am not sure if the PowerPC architecture makes a difference or not, but I would get another bluetooth module from an Intel based mac (2006 or newer).

Apple Macbook A1181 Bluetooth Module

sbg

sbg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 65 posts

Please see the attached PDF document which outlines step by step with pictures how to add an Apple Bluetooth module like the ones found in the iMac, Macbook, and Macbook Pro to your Hackintosh PC for fully working Bluetooth just like a real Mac.

Attached File  How_To_Add_an_Apple_Bluetooth_module_to_your_PC.pdf   331.72KB   9325 downloads

I hope there are some members out there that can use this. It sure has helped me a lot and gave me full Bluetooth functionality in my "Mac Pro" (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5) and the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard both work just as good as they do on my 2009 27" iMac.

Thanks for the excellent guide!
Everything worked the first time around.
Magic Mouse now wakes up the system from sleep!

scuzy

scuzy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
anyone use this bluetooth module in windows7 ? It don't seem to see a bluetooth control in control panels for it? my keyboard is paired with the module but i can't add my magic trackpad since i can't access the the bluetooth settings in control panel within windows 7

xDeLiRiOuSx

xDeLiRiOuSx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Excellent Guide! I can't wait to get this project rolling (mini project).

What model bluetooth module are you using? Do you know what other models work?

Looking on ebay, sellers do not put what year/macbook model the cards come from.

Also, some don't come with the logic board cable; do you know if they are a one size fit all type?

Thanks!

Cosmin Petre

Cosmin Petre

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Can any electrical wizards enlighten me?...

I have purchased a bluetooth module on eBay UK. Looks identical to the one in the PDF guide except the four wires are coloured:

Black, Grey, Blue, Green (as seen in this fixit pic)

How do they correspond to the Yellow, Green, Red and Black in the PDF?

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks

SkipG

SkipG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Can any electrical wizards enlighten me?...

I have purchased a bluetooth module on eBay UK. Looks identical to the one in the PDF guide except the four wires are coloured:

Black, Grey, Blue, Green (as seen in this fixit pic)

How do they correspond to the Yellow, Green, Red and Black in the PDF?

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks

Black is ground, == Black in the guide
Grey is Data+, == Yellow in the guide
Blue is Data-, == Green in the guide
Green is Power, == Red in the guide

Your four wires are inserted in a 4 socket connector. You can easily find the pinout for the USB header on the motherboard, and using the (R,W,G,B) for the USB cable, I was able to decode the wire colors attached to USB cable.

--skip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy