Guide To Enable HD 5450 In 10.6.6 + Lion + Mountian Lion

taky2008

52 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

i have removed OSX because of the graphics card.

is there a special kernel you need to use this kexts?

and works it with 10.6.7 too?

i hope i'm having luck to get this card working. i'll try it tomorrow

greetings

EDIT:

i have installed sl again and i am so happy now. you are the best!!!

have installed the kexts and used GraphicsEnabler=Yes. now i even have dual-screen (DVI + VGA).

thank you very much!

i have removed OSX because of the graphics card.

is there a special kernel you need to use this kexts?

and works it with 10.6.7 too?

i hope i'm having luck to get this card working. i'll try it tomorrow

greetings

EDIT:

i have installed sl again and i am so happy now. you are the best!!!

have installed the kexts and used GraphicsEnabler=Yes. now i even have dual-screen (DVI + VGA).

thank you very much!

Even better, if you decide to add (or upgrade to) Lion, you only need ATI5000Injector.kext. (Copy it to /S/L/E of your installer partition, and it will also give you full/proper display support during the install! I didn't do that with my DP1 install, but did with DP2; for the first time *ever* I got the full proper OS X startup routine.)

"Mac midi"

ASUS P4G41-M LX2/GB

Intel Celeron DC E3400

3 GB DDR2-800 (2GBx1/1GBx1)

VisionTek AMD HD5450 512MB GDDR3 passive-cooled

7 Ultimate x64/OS X 10.6.6/OS X 10.7 DP2

;):):P

Even better, if you decide to add (or upgrade to) Lion, you only need ATI5000Injector.kext. (Copy it to /S/L/E of your installer partition, and it will also give you full/proper display support during the install! I didn't do that with my DP1 install, but did with DP2; for the first time *ever* I got the full proper OS X startup routine.)

"Mac midi"

ASUS P4G41-M LX2/GB

Intel Celeron DC E3400

3 GB DDR2-800 (2GBx1/1GBx1)

VisionTek AMD HD5450 512MB GDDR3 passive-cooled

7 Ultimate x64/OS X 10.6.6/OS X 10.7 DP2

:):unsure:B)

i know that this are the lion kexts, i have tried them many times too, but without success.

is it recommended to upgrade to lion at this time or should i wait until the final stable release is out? are there already instructions for the installation?

• 3 weeks later...
Would this work for a HD 5470 Mobility card?

At worst, the only change you *may* need for the HD5470 is the BIOS (likely not even that).

This same method was originally posted by white_apple_x86 in the New Users' Forum, and I later confirmed that it works (and have since done further testing with DP1 and DP2 of Lion). It consists of an installer (a modified version of Chameleon 2 RC5, actually and an enabler - ATI5000Injector.kext) and two other kexts. This should be installed *prior* to updating to 10.6.6 or later (currently 10.6.7).

Fortunately, *because* Lion DP1 and later, unlike Snow, specifically supports the HD5xxx cards (including the Mobility variations), you don't need the BIOS in your Lion bootloader - just ATI5000Injector.kext and any other kexts dropped normally into /Extra/Extensions (they should go in /System/Library/Extensions of your Lion install partition).

That also means that your Lion install will be at the best resolution your GPU and display supports (in my case, 1920x1080) - not a thing wrong with that.

Here It Is A Guide For Hd 5450 In 10.6.6

1- Download This FIle http://www.multiupload.com/PV9EYYPXW7

2-Copy Lion KExts To S/l/e

3-Copy ATI5000Injector.kext TO S/E/E

4-Repair With KExts Utlity

IF U HAd A proplem With Coloer Change Reslution From Boot plist Into 800x600x32 And If THe Problem Still Download This Bootloader http://www.multiupload.com/5F1ZEQ8HET

Thank you for this! I'm getting Radeon HD 5450 LowProfile this week, and trying to install perhaps my first really working Hackintosh install. I've had some Atom board installs before, with GMA950 full support, but they are just so old and useless..

I have 1.6.3 retail DVD working as install medium in USB , so can I get this working with my Pentium-4 HT @ 3ghz (DELL Optiplex gx620) machine or is Pentium-4 too old for 1.6.3 , 1.6.7 or 1.7.0 ? I cannot boot this DELL with onboard GPU so thats why Im upgrading to Radeon this week.

I'm going to try the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] way, any better suggestions?

Your instructions part #2 "copy lion kexsts..." what lion kexts? What are you talking about?

And the part #4, the KExts Utlity, can you give a link to that utility yuu are talking about?

There are lots of different KExt Utilitys out there?

Sorry me being quite n00b but honestly, about 95% of the instructions on all of hackintosh sites, are quite hard to understand.. for everyone. And I'm only n00b in hackintoshes.. Linux is my OS been for 10+ years so Im not afraid to config things, but really guys you should do better instructions...

But thank you very much !!! :unsure:

Lion kexts are included in the hd5450.zip

Ok thanks.

I just realized that the Pentium-4 is not supported by new OSX releases, well I just have to buy now a Gigabyte C2D board so I can get this thing going!

Ok thanks.

I just realized that the Pentium-4 is not supported by new OSX releases, well I just have to buy now a Gigabyte C2D board so I can get this thing going!

I don't assume Lion requires SSE4 if it's to run on a T5600, so unless I'm missing something about this factoid that makes Merom+ a prerequisite, SL95V should be fine with that board. Else, you could always swap guts for Dell P/N: PU052 (OptiPlex 755 SFF) + SLA9V.

• 1 month later...

Hey, man. THX a lot! ;) My HD5450 is working almost perfectly now. And with QE. Yeah! Right now my SL is still 10.6.5. And I am trying to update it to 10.6.7 or Lion DP3 to see if my card still can work. Cheers! :)

Hey, man. THX a lot! :thumbsup_anim: My HD5450 is working almost perfectly now. And with QE. Yeah! Right now my SL is still 10.6.5. And I am trying to update it to 10.6.7 or Lion DP3 to see if my card still can work. Cheers! :D

Hi, taky2008. I've tried your kexts in SL 10.6.7 and Lion DP3, and my HD5450 work perfectly in both. BTW, I put only ATI5000Injector.kext under /E/E. Thanks again! U are totally awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

• 4 weeks later...
Here It Is A Guide For Hd 5450 In 10.6.6

1- Download This FIle http://www.multiupload.com/PV9EYYPXW7

2-Copy Lion KExts To S/l/e

3-Copy ATI5000Injector.kext TO S/E/E

4-Repair With KExts Utlity

IF U HAd A proplem With Coloer Change Reslution From Boot plist Into 800x600x32 And If THe Problem Still Download This Bootloader http://www.multiupload.com/5F1ZEQ8HET

Thank you very much works perfectly with my ATI HD 5450 10.7 Lion thanks a lot from Spain:)