• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Hi everyone, I recently built my first hackintosh and everything went smoothly up until I saw the resolution stuck at 1024x768 with no other options. I've tried running tonymac's Nvidia update, but I have yet to make any progress. Im using an EVGA 9500 GT graphics card.If anyone could please help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

I was also wondering if just buying an ATI Radeon video card would fix my little problem. Would it work out of the box?

My specs: P8P67 Pro, i7 2600k, nvidia evga 9500 GT

Have you tried downloading “NVEnabler 64.kext” from kexts.com and putting it into /Extra/Extensions
(don't forget to rebuild the Extensions.mkext with kext utility).

dkcas11

dkcas11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hey i was wondering if you could tell me if the ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 B3 Revision also works with this guide? :censored2:
I read another forum about the ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 B3 Revision which sent me to this guide.
Would be much appreciated if you could take a look at it :censored2:
Link here.

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Hi you can't use 10.6.0 you have to use a "retail 10.6.3" or later, it installed yesterday on my P8P67-M-Pro and it was mega easy. Using this boot CD and thread. I also noticed that you run SLI and run a 9600 GSO for PhysX, mine kept panicking (GTX 480 as primary VGA and 9800 GT for PhysX), I removed the 9800GT and PCIroot=1 and everything went fine after that.

Cheers
brams

Just an update: I picked up a 10.6.3 retail dvd and had the same issues where the install DVd doesn't load and after it says drmos has arrived it reboots. Thats with the andyboot iso. Guess I'm going to have pull cards out of the system. Guess I don't need a 3rd video card for Physx processing really. Will pull it after work and see if it loads. Funny thing on my E8600 680i rig it loads up no problem but just can't see any hard drives due to the absence of ahci. Anyhow if anyone has installed a working osx86 rig on an P8p67 Deluxe please post a log or how you did it.. especially those with multi gpu setups..

Thanks.

Rhuidean

Rhuidean

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the great work Andy, I hope you can give me some pointers though. Specifically, I have two issues:

1) Bluetooth just doesn't want to work on my board. I applied the 10.6.7 update and your install package, bluetooth appeared to be detected but when I try to add devices it fails to detect any. Windows 7 has no issues with this. System profiler identifies my bluetooth adapter as a CSR-type, even though I'm pretty sure it's an atheros adapter? Is this correct or does it indicate some problem?

2) Triple monitors through an ATi 5870. I haven't found a complete solution anywhere for this issue. I can get dual monitors working without problems, however if I even turn on the third monitor, the primary display gets transferred to it but it never receives signal. This means I can't really use the machine unless I turn the monitor off. I have two monitors connected through DVI with the third through DisplayPort.

Machine Specs:

Asus P8P67 Pro B3
8GB RAM
AMD 5870

Any pointers you could give would be greatly appreciated.

hemster

hemster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Followed the guide and worked, tried ##### and ##### Legacy before and no luck.

My system :
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU 2DI 1GD5
16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz (4GB during installation)

As someone else noticed I too ignored that your installer only had ATi drivers. But I fixed this after with the "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update" and ##### for sound.

But I have another problem. I have problems with random crashes, usually after some use for either games or other memory stealing programs.

I have run memtest on each of the 4 4GB Memory blocks, everyone passing the tests. Running the memtest with all 4 blocks in place, it fails (crashes/hangs the system)

Same have happened during boot with -v running it looks like the kernel panics right after initializing the LAN interface (getting an IP through DHCP or right away if no link)

My question, have anyone else experienced problems with 16GB RAM on their systems ?

Atleast the system seems stable with 4GB of memory. THough I would love to use the rest of the blocks :)

j12395

j12395

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Have you tried downloading “NVEnabler 64.kext” from kexts.com and putting it into /Extra/Extensions
(don't forget to rebuild the Extensions.mkext with kext utility).

Could you please give me a quick run through on how to do so? Im just a noob =/

I used ##### at first and the graphics were fine, but the sound wouldn't work. I reformatted my hard drive and decided to use Andy boot. My sound worked fine, but now my resolution was stuck at 1024x768.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Could you please give me a quick run through on how to do so? Im just a noob =/

I used ##### at first and the graphics were fine, but the sound wouldn't work. I reformatted my hard drive and decided to use Andy boot. My sound worked fine, but now my resolution was stuck at 1024x768.

I don't use an Nvidia card so I really can't give you a run through (either quick or slow!)
If I were you I would reinstall whatever packages that you used when you unstalled via ##### - that should overwrite anything graphics related that was installed when you used the package on my boot disk.

Thanks for the great work Andy, I hope you can give me some pointers though. Specifically, I have two issues:

1) Bluetooth just doesn't want to work on my board. I applied the 10.6.7 update and your install package, bluetooth appeared to be detected but when I try to add devices it fails to detect any. Windows 7 has no issues with this. System profiler identifies my bluetooth adapter as a CSR-type, even though I'm pretty sure it's an atheros adapter? Is this correct or does it indicate some problem?

I've spent a few hours tonight looking into the bluetooth issues and it doesn't look good to me. I'm no expert by a long shot but it looks to me that the windows drivers actually load the firmware into the Asus/Atheros bluetooth device which is why it works if you boot windows first and reboot into snow leopard without powering down.

If you boot windows then reboot into snow leopard and check system profiler you will see that the bluetooth hardware is detected and under usb devices you will see Asus bluetooth device with asus vendor id etc. If you then shut down (not restart I mean power down completely) and switch back on and go straight to snow leopard system profiler will show no bluetooth hardware detected and under usb devices you will find an Atheros device (with Atheros vendor id this time) but snow leopard has no idea what it is!

j12395

j12395

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Will just buying an ATI Radeon card fix my problem out of the box if im still using your boot loader?

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Just wanted to comment that I finally got my P8P67 Deluxe up and running with OSX. I had issues getting the OSX install DVD to load as it allways rebooted the system before even loading the installer. So I had to hook up my hard drive to a usb adapter and perform the installation steps from my Macbook Pro using the OSInstall.mpkg file and then directing every other installation and or combo update at the external drive. Then attach the drive back to my computer and run Andyboot ISO CD to boot the drive as for some reason it wouldn't boot into the bootloader at all. After it booted I ran the P8P67 install again from the AndyBoot.iso straight from the hard drive and it was able to boot and even multi boot my Windows 7 partitions. Way cool!

The only thing is that I'm stuck at 1280x1024 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes gives me a black screen and I've tried running the tonymac nvidia update and editing the apple.Boot.plist file and adding 1600x1200 to the display setting but it didn't work. Though I can confirm I have sound from the motherboard HD sound and ethernet working and firewire and usb ports. Not sure about Bluetooth. I ran lspci and hardware profiler and OSX sees all three of my gpus but not sure if its loaded a Kext for my 285GTX. I also sees my sound blaster but doesn't list it as an an audio device. Then theres also a lot of intel devices that are unrecognized as well.

Just wish I could figure out this video issue. Theres got to be working drivers somewhere because NVidia driver page lists drivers for the GTX285 along with 10.6.7. Just refused to run though you can run the individual package installers from within the main pkg file though didn't really do anything. Anyhow happy day that it kind of works anyhow!

Thanks .

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Will just buying an ATI Radeon card fix my problem out of the box if im still using your boot loader?

In a perfect world yes however if you have any remnants of modified Nvidia drivers or injectors still on your system then you 'may' encounter problems that you will need to clean up. In other words 'no guarantees'

I ran lspci and hardware profiler and OSX sees all three of my gpus but not sure if its loaded a Kext for my 285GTX.

3 gpu's :(

Looks like you are going to have fun getting that little lot working!

brams

brams

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:NeXT. SGI, Apple, BeBox

Followed the guide and worked, tried ##### and ##### Legacy before and no luck.

My system :
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
Intel Core i7 2600K
ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU 2DI 1GD5
16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz (4GB during installation)

As someone else noticed I too ignored that your installer only had ATi drivers. But I fixed this after with the "tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update" and ##### for sound.

But I have another problem. I have problems with random crashes, usually after some use for either games or other memory stealing programs.

I have run memtest on each of the 4 4GB Memory blocks, everyone passing the tests. Running the memtest with all 4 blocks in place, it fails (crashes/hangs the system)

Same have happened during boot with -v running it looks like the kernel panics right after initializing the LAN interface (getting an IP through DHCP or right away if no link)

My question, have anyone else experienced problems with 16GB RAM on their systems ?

Atleast the system seems stable with 4GB of memory. THough I would love to use the rest of the blocks :thumbsup_anim:

GTX 460 is noted as "Freezing" I was going to go the route of building my rig with a 460 but the freezing issue put me off. I too used Andys boot CD on a P8P67-M-Pro B3 and used the TonyMac Cuda package but went instead for a GTX 480 and my rig is 100% stable no matter what I throw at it.

I'm using a DSDT and SSDT as well and have removed most of the kexts Andys CD originally installed (only got FakeSMC left in /E/E

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I'm using a DSDT and SSDT as well and have removed most of the kexts Andys CD originally installed (only got FakeSMC left in /E/E

How do you get your onboard audio to work, have jmicron sata support and avoid the kernel panics that usueally ensue from not having NullCPUPowerManagement installed if that's the only kext in your extras folder? I'm curious!
Are you sure you have rebuilt the extra/extensions.mkext file since deleting the kexts?

j12395

j12395

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
If I format my hard drive, use Andy Boot and replace my current 9500 GT with an ATI Radeon, would it work out of the box and fix my resolution? No more nVidia injectors so what you mentioned wouldn't be a problem correct?

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

3 gpu's :unsure:

Looks like you are going to have fun getting that little lot working!

Andy,

Why do you say that?

Maybe the retail nvidia drivers for my gtx285 can be fooled into running somehow. I tried to run the installer and it err'd out saying incompatible hardware. Maybe changing the hardware profile would help because the release notes are very specific on which macs they work on..

Thanks.

elitee

elitee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

GTX 460 is noted as "Freezing" I was going to go the route of building my rig with a 460 but the freezing issue put me off. I too used Andys boot CD on a P8P67-M-Pro B3 and used the TonyMac Cuda package but went instead for a GTX 480 and my rig is 100% stable no matter what I throw at it.

Could you detail the process, and post the dsdt/ssdt which I assume is from RevoGirl? I couldn't get audio working using DSDT/SSDT without patched AppleHDA. Did add the three kext's from MPB SB update? AppleLPC, etc?

brams

brams

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:NeXT. SGI, Apple, BeBox

How do you get your onboard audio to work, have jmicron sata support and avoid the kernel panics that usueally ensue from not having NullCPUPowerManagement installed if that's the only kext in your extras folder? I'm curious!
Are you sure you have rebuilt the extra/extensions.mkext file since deleting the kexts?

Andy,

First of all, I'd like to say a big thank you for your efforts, your boot CD made it mega easy. I did post earlier in thread and give my build details (probably a couple of pages back)

I'm kinnda new to the Hackintosh scene (though I've been using Macs/NeXT computers for about 20 years). So far it's been fun.

I'm not using on board audio, instead I'm using BOSE Companion 5 USB audio system (though I get a buzz from them sometimes which goes if I put the volume up or down a notch in SL). Also using an Hercules Rmx USB DJ console which works fine.

I've not had any KP's from the machine which has run more or less 24/7 since I built it a week ago, I went to DSDT about 3 days ago and have been playing since then as of today (18 hours ago I've only run with FakeSMC). I am not sure on the purpose of the JMircon kexts from what I read (On MacMans blog or maybe TonyMac) they only make the system profiler say the SATA ports name instead of unknown. Seeing as the chipset is Intel why are the called JMicron kexts - apologies if that's a dumb question? EDIT - from what I can tell the uATX P67 board P8P67-M-Pro does not have any JMicron controller.

The machine will not boot if the DSDT is removed along with NullCPUPowerManagment. With DSDT it boots fine.

Extensions Mkext cache has been rebuilt after every change using pfix 3.1 & Kext Wizard.

On side note (I know you crossfire ATI) I had a problem with a KP on the initial boot after trying to get QE/CI working, I installed the Cuda drivers from TonyMac and GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIroot=1, this gave me the KP, when I removed the 9800GT I had in for PhysX (under Win 7) the KP went, any idea how to fix this?

Still using the AnVaL 5.1.4 bootloader from your CD.

Again thanks for your hardwork.

brams

Could you detail the process, and post the dsdt/ssdt which I assume is from RevoGirl? I couldn't get audio working using DSDT/SSDT without patched AppleHDA. Did add the three kext's from MPB SB update? AppleLPC, etc?

I used RevoGirls DSDT and SSDT files dropped them on iaslMe as she instructed and just, I added the 3 kexts from 2011 MBP 8,2. I had to rename the SSDT to ssdt-1.aml and ssdt-2.aml. Wasn't sure about the com.apple.Boot.plist so played with that and found that both SSDT's seem to load if have Dropssdt=No (not 100% sure about this yet) if I dumped ACPI with it set to Yes I only dumped back 1 ssdt, set to No they both dump back? in /Extra I have 1 DSDT and 2 SSDT's

In the same thread she mentioned a .plist which you put inside FakeSMC.kext but it does not enable the audio (or change the system profiler SATA ports from unknown).

Audio is not a big deal as I am using BOSE Companion 5 USB speakers.

Thanks
brams

hemster

hemster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I just tried replacing the 460 with an old 8800GT card, this didn't help. But it I began to notice that I had the same problems in win7 aswell.

I read some posts about increasing DRAM voltage, when using all 4 memory slots. I did this, and it actually got me going a bit further. Even when switching back to the 460 card.

I will try to do some more testing with this, before investing in a 480card (here its 3times the price of the 460)

Time2Retire

Time2Retire

Retired

• Retired Developers
  • 1,012 posts

In the same thread she mentioned a .plist which you put inside FakeSMC.kext but it does not enable the audio...

We inject layout-id 0x037c (892) for this with help of EFI device-properties, but you could add a _DSM method in your DSDT to do the same, be it a lot slower. We also clean up the Info.plists to speed up the boot process, thanks to dgsga, like so (a neat little script):
#! /bin/bashcd /usr/libexecsudo ./plistbuddy -c "delete :IOKitPersonalities:HDA\ Platform\ Resource:Layouts" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plistsudo ./plistbuddy -c "delete :IOKitPersonalities:HDA\ Platform\ Resource:PathMaps" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist sudo ./plistbuddy -c "delete :IOKitPersonalities:HDA\ Hardware\ Config\ Resource:HDAConfigDefault" /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
And we bin-patch AppleHDA with:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x62\x02\xec\x10|\x92\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

...or change the system profiler SATA ports from unknown).

You need AppleAHCIPort.kext version 2.1.6 for this

I hope this helps to solve the last few issues you have with your setup.

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Andy,

Anyway to change the amount of time that the boot loader takes to scan before loading the OS? Also anyway to customize the background to make it look like a real mac with grey background?

Also I was able to solve my resolution issues by following this guide:

Aquamac guide to making GFX Strings

Not sure if hardware acceleration is loaded or not or even if the kexts are loaded properly. But I now have 1920x1080 awesome resolution!

Thanks.

pippyd

pippyd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok I decided that was all far too complicated so now it's even simpler.

5 - Install 10.6.7 update combo (if you forgot to download it first no problem, just run the install package from the cd and reboot to get a working internet connection then go ahead and download it).
6 - Once the update is complete reboot again using the bootcd
7 - Open the bootcd, copy the installer package to your desktop and then run it (it's important to copy the installer to disk and not run it from the cd otherwise your sound will not work - this a bug in the postinstall script that I haven't been able to track down yet.
8 - Reboot without the bootcd.

Hi Andy. First thanks for providing this guide and helping me take the leap in to OSx.

The install for me went smoothly up until step 5. At this point I had successfully booted in to OSx, I'd not checked what was or wasn't working at this stage (network etc) but I had a working desktop screen showing in all its glory :D Didn't have the 10.6.7 file handy so I followed the instructions in step 5 to enable an internet connection in order to continue.

1- I ran the install package on the CD, no issues.
2- I then rebooted, the Andyboot cd kicked in and I selected my OSx install (windows 7 on another disk)

OSx started as normal, Apple logo, spinning wait graphic, then a brief blue screen followed by the mouse appearing top right but then instead of completing the OS load as per before the installer package, the mouse appeared on a white/grey screen. If I click the screen I get a few black random blocks. Clicking on the screen again results in the black blocks moving position..

Not sure now how to get back to working graphics in order to install the 10.6.7 update.

Anyone else experiencing this? I guess it was something installed in the package from the cd in order to get the internet connection up.

Board - Asus P8P67 Pro
4GB (for now) of G.Skill RipJawsX RAM
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770

This is my first time with OS X so it's all new to me.... treat me gently!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy