• Please log in to reply
662 replies to this topic

cd2573

cd2573

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you have run a version update since installing the package then yes you will need to run the package again after installing it.

andy just ran ##### and got sound and man this monitor looks good thanks for the help....bought lion and was reading your instructions but being the first time ever I use a mac dont understand how to do it.....
also what keyboard and mouse do you recommend for me to buy?

tayshun12

tayshun12

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Is there any way I can put andyboot cd image onto a usb drive? I dont have a disk drive in my pc :/

It can be done but needs to be done from within os x so it's catch 22

How would I got about doing this on a mac?

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Is there any way I can put andyboot cd image onto a usb drive? I dont have a disk drive in my pc :/

QUOTE (^Andy^ @ May 23 2011, 02:09 PM)
It can be done but needs to be done from within os x so it's catch 22

How would I got about doing this on a mac?

Without an optical drive at all thats going to be tricky because the easiest way would be to burn the cd, create an image of it, restore the image to a usb drive and then install chameleon to the usb drive to ensure that its bootable. Have to confess i have not tried this but it I believe it should work.

I did a similar thing with my retail snow leopard dvd, created an image, restored that image to usb, ran the P8P67 Pro package against the usb stick and finally copied over the extra folder from the boot cd to the usb drive. This gave me a handy little emergency boot stick plus self contained usb installer for snow leopard.

psxdadz

psxdadz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Andy wonder if any one can help, just bought a dell 27inch monitor the one with the high res
connected first time the display was amazing, you have to use the dual dvi cable for the super high res.Problem when you restart you loose picture and you have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in then all is good obviously you can't keep doing this.
when you use hdmi all works well but you only get 1080 res not the 1440 any ideas.....not the graphics card as the monitor works perfect when using windows 7

i7

8 gig mem

ati 5770

asus p8p67

Brisc0

Brisc0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Andy wonder if any one can help, just bought a dell 27inch monitor the one with the high res
connected first time the display was amazing, you have to use the dual dvi cable for the super high res.Problem when you restart you loose picture and you have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in then all is good obviously you can't keep doing this.
when you use hdmi all works well but you only get 1080 res not the 1440 any ideas.....not the graphics card as the monitor works perfect when using windows 7

i7

8 gig mem

ati 5770

asus p8p67

Plug another cable into the video card at the same time. ie use hdmi and ddvi together and see if it works. Try several combos, has worked for me in the past.

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
i have 1 blank dvd, an 8gb usb stick and a ntfs HDD, is it possible? lol

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

i have 1 blank dvd, an 8gb usb stick and a ntfs HDD, is it possible? lol

No you also need a computer, keyboard, mouse and a monitor :hysterical:

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
lmfao

No you also need a computer, keyboard, mouse and a monitor :hysterical:

lmfao, u know what i meant! :D
burned iatkos bs with my 2nd last dvd and cant get it to work...

is p8p67 deluxe ok with this guide and tools btw?

maybe burn your bootcd to my last dvd and put osx on the usb stick...

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

lmfao

lmfao, u know what i meant! :D
burned iatkos bs with my 2nd last dvd and cant get it to work...

is p8p67 deluxe ok with this guide and tools btw?

maybe burn your bootcd to my last dvd and put osx on the usb stick...

Should work for basic install with a deluxe board - you may have to read back through the thread for audio or lan tweaks though (my brain is rusty so I cant remember the differences between all the various P8P67 boards).

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
you think your bootcd will find the osx installer on a usb stick?
if i eject the cd and insert the usb.... will it find it?

i could give you device ids and hardware specs for a deluxe motherboard and give it a run so you could have files for deluxe if u want.
only difference is i got an nvidia card.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

you think your bootcd will find the osx installer on a usb stick?
if i eject the cd and insert the usb.... will it find it?

i could give you device ids and hardware specs for a deluxe motherboard so you could have files for deluxe if u want.
only difference is i got an nvidia card.

You could just install the package onto the usb stick and copy the extra folder from the cd image over to the usb stick - that should make the usb bootable.

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

You could just install the package onto the usb stick and copy the extra folder from the cd image over to the usb stick - that should make the usb bootable.

i will try that, prob is i only got 1 usb stick, 8gb... i have some probs getting the osx image onto it... if your cd works on the usb i will try to burn 10.6.3 onto my last dvd... or if u got a better solution...

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

i will try that, prob is i only got 1 usb stick, 8gb... i have some probs getting the osx image onto it... if your cd works on the usb i will try to burn 10.6.3 onto my last dvd... or if u got a better solution...

Should be straightforward getting the image onto it - create an image from the install dvd, scan the image for restore data and then restore the image to the usb stick. After that try the above to make it bootable etc.

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Andy, im doing 10.6.3 for the install.

Is the 10.6.7 combo update a must? or can we do 10.6.8, and/or just skip combo update all together?

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

When you say install the package onto the usb stick... what do you mean?

im on windows. no mac's here

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

im on windows. no mac's here

You have to do it the hard way then by burning the cd

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
no prob im stacked with media now lol

10.6.7 combo is a must or can i go directly with 10.6.8 combo update?

dekz

dekz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
got installed, after combo update system hangs on boot, AppleSMCBusPCI start failed to get acpi path,
ACPI.SMC.Platformplugin start waitforservice ((AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

just wonder can i fix this from Windows? i got Macdrive and can access the drive in windows

zyms

zyms

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi Andy!

I would be so happy for some help to get my gear up and running with Lion and my p8p67 pro!

I have downloaded your Andy boot-CD and have a ##### USB-stick with Lion

Do I need to use my Snow Leopard CD to install that first and then the combo and then use the Lion update if I want to use your CD?
As I have the p8p67 Pro I guess that your CD would rock! :-)

Maybe you have a link to a page or two cause I cant find a guide for this?

History:
Before I found your CD, guide and this thread I tried with #####, ##### and ##### but did not reach all the way thru. But!! I actually got my GTX-580 to work with the "C43" kexts from iparsifal.org/osx before I messed my system up ;-)
I think I messed everything up when trying to post-install your package onto LION. After restart I got this annoying freeze screen, is it called KP? Well, even if I choose to start from your CD in BIOS it freeze like that again. So, the only solution I seem to have is to start from the USB with the #####, format the disk and install LION again. But, in that way I guess it is the iBootloader which is present and.. that might interfere with your bootloader on your CD? Or how is this working?

EDIT: Now I found the guide for dummies to install LION now! So, I will try that! Thx!

Best regards

quizz

quizz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hello,
First of all, thank you to Andy for this tutorial. It works well.
I bought a magic mouse is recognized thanks to the integrated Bluetooth of my P8P67 Pro but it sometimes freezes.
Does anyone have the same problem?
Thank you to you and google trans :)
bye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy