Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

I got almost the same hardware configuration of Andy's.

Intel Core i5 2600K

ASUS P8P67 PRO

Sapphire 6870 1GB

After I follow your guide, everything is working great except the Audio.

However, the audio had worked for a few times only. But after reboot, the audio is not working again.

I have tried to reinstall the whole system using your 1st and 2nd version of the boot disk, still no luck.

Also, I have tried to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install the following kexts, ALC8xxHDA.kext , AppleHDA Rollback, HDAEnable892.

Still no luck, I am really frustrated since everything is working GREAT except Audio......

I take a look in the /var/log/kernal.log, there is a log "Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed", is it related to the failure of the audio in my situaton? For the whole kernal.log, you may take a look here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9782908/kernal.log.

May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 312 goto Exit
May  4 15:02:22 Davids-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 234 goto Exit

I am really appreciated if this problem can be resolved.

GUYS i am stuck with kernal Panic as soon as i load OSX DVD and run the OSX installer. i immediately get the ACPI KP. i know must be simple and it probably has something to do with my bios settings. please please help...

PS: my motherboard is P8H67. its 2500K processor and using built in graphics (No dedicated graphics card)

Make sure that your OSX install DVD is 10.6.3. I had tried it with a 10.6.2 and had the same exact symptoms. With Andy's boot CD and 10.6.3 it was a breeze to install.

Hey Andy.

my system consists of

Asus P8P67 B3 rev 3.0

i5 2500k

ati 5670

1tb WD hard drive

The boot disk works great. I get OS X 10.6.3 installed but when I upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.6 the computer just hangs at the grey screen with darker grey apple loader with the thing spinning. It will boot on its own with out the boot disk if I dont update. plus my LAN and video card don't work. i guess the LAN is different than the PRO board so different drivers. I am new to all of this so I don't know how to boot into smart mode or fix things. I just redo the original install and go from there so if you have any tips for me i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hey Andy.

my system consists of

Asus P8P67 B3 rev 3.0

i5 2500k

ati 5670

1tb WD hard drive

The boot disk works great. I get OS X 10.6.3 installed but when I upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.6 the computer just hangs at the grey screen with darker grey apple loader with the thing spinning. It will boot on its own with out the boot disk if I dont update. plus my LAN and video card don't work. i guess the LAN is different than the PRO board so different drivers. I am new to all of this so I don't know how to boot into smart mode or fix things. I just redo the original install and go from there so if you have any tips for me i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Try typing "-v" at the bootloader and see what fails during startup. As for the internet, since you have the non-pro motherboard you have to install a different kext for internet:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

Try typing "-v" at the bootloader and see what fails during startup. As for the internet, since you have the non-pro motherboard you have to install a different kext for internet:

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

That install package for the LAN works like a charm but the update to 10.6.7 still messes everything up. I took pictures of what I get after the restart. Plus, does anyone know how to get an ATI 5670 up and running? Thanks a lot. you guys rock!!

post-792458-1304784806_thumb.jpg

Thanks ^Andy^ for your package !

Everything is fine, the only major issue is that awful clicking sound after a while. I can't find it, but someone told that it's like the sound goes to sleep. That makes sense as this sound is very familiar to me, it's the same sound as every time the sound is activated (same sound on boot on my previous mobo).

Does everybody have the same problem ? Any way to fix this ?

Thanks ! ;)

That install package for the LAN works like a charm but the update to 10.6.7 still messes everything up. I took pictures of what I get after the restart. Plus, does anyone know how to get an ATI 5670 up and running? Thanks a lot. you guys rock!!

Ugh I was hoping I'd figure something out from that error log but I didn't see anything off in it (unless someone else here knows more).

I had similar issues getting my ATI 5770 running upon upgrading to 10.6.7, so I think your graphics card is crashing everything (and the LAN is just a distraction). One thing that changes in that update is that Apple updates the graphics drivers. Maybe try updating to 10.6.7, then before restarting, install Andy's package, which will replace some of the graphics drivers with modified versions.

Ugh I was hoping I'd figure something out from that error log but I didn't see anything off in it (unless someone else here knows more).

I had similar issues getting my ATI 5770 running upon upgrading to 10.6.7, so I think your graphics card is crashing everything (and the LAN is just a distraction). One thing that changes in that update is that Apple updates the graphics drivers. Maybe try updating to 10.6.7, then before restarting, install Andy's package, which will replace some of the graphics drivers with modified versions.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll Try it right now. thanks

New version of the boot cd available http://www.mediafire.com/?5uctml4wxtyvpn7

V 3.0..

Newly compiled bootloader that detects cpu and memory correctly (plus I added a cool default boot theme). This bootloader can also boot Lion installations but only AFTER you run the relevent install package and the bootloader has been installed onto your hard disk.

The Boot CD itself will NOT boot Lion because it automatically loads the snow leopard kernel from the cd!

If you have a working system already do NOT bother with this CD - if it ain't broke don't fix it! ;)

Regards

Andy

Hey Andy.

my system consists of

Asus P8P67 B3 rev 3.0

i5 2500k

ati 5670

1tb WD hard drive

The 10.6.7 install has probably overwritten the sandy bridge kernel with the stock non mbp 2011 version. Try and boot with the bootcd and run the install package again if you can. That should hopefully get you back to your desktop to sort out your other problems.

New version of the boot cd available http://www.mediafire.com/?5uctml4wxtyvpn7

V 3.0..

Newly compiled bootloader that detects cpu and memory correctly (plus I added a cool default boot theme). This bootloader can also boot Lion installations but only AFTER you run the relevent install package and the bootloader has been installed onto your hard disk.

The Boot CD itself will NOT boot Lion because it automatically loads the snow leopard kernel from the cd!

If you have a working system already do NOT bother with this CD - if it ain't broke don't fix it! :unsure:

Regards

Andy

The 10.6.7 install has probably overwritten the sandy bridge kernel with the stock non mbp 2011 version. Try and boot with the bootcd and run the install package again if you can. That should hopefully get you back to your desktop to sort out your other problems.

Sounds good! I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot man!

Hi Andy/Experts

My config:

Intel Core i5 2500K

ASUS P8H67-M PRO

ATI Radeon HD4550

WD 500GB

Mac OSX 10.6.3 Retail DVD

will your method work on the above config? Sorry i didn't get a chance to try it out before posting here, will do soon.

If not could you please point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance for you time.

Hi Andy/Experts

My config:

Intel Core i5 2500K

ASUS P8H67-M PRO

ATI Radeon HD4550

WD 500GB

Mac OSX 10.6.3 Retail DVD

will your method work on the above config? Sorry i didn't get a chance to try it out before posting here, will do soon.

If not could you please point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance for you time.

I don't know, I can only test with the hardware that I have and needless to say I don't have the same hardware as you. I guess you have nothing to lose by trying ;)

Andy,

Just wanted to say thanks. I have the P8P67 pro board and using your original boot cd I got everything installed today and working (except sleep, BT). Now I read the entire thread and spotted you have 2 newer revs but since I seem to be up and running I dare not touch anything now! Only tricky bit was my ATI HD5450 but using some of the lion kexts, I seem to have it working!

I bought a BT dongle so even though I now see that there is a BT kext, I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for your efforts on all this.

Still that awful reactivation sound after a while without any sound. :) It's getting pretty annoying. I wonder what I should do to fix this.

EDIT : I have read that some people have had this problem as well. Have you managed to fix it ? Thanks !

Thanx Andy. :blink:

I tried this method with an ASUS P8P67 (Rev 3.0), and it worked ... mostly. The audio drivers weren't working after the install package from your boot drive, but Tonymac's "Realtek ALC8xx" (part of the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] package) did the trick [bTW: anyone trying the same configuration, check the drivers you need b/c installing the "voodooHDA" drivers from the same package will cause a kernel panic]. The audio isn't perfect ... it pops loudly every time it's engaged, but other than that okay.

I also needed to run lnx2Mac (also part of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) as the LAN chipset on this board differed from the PRO.

My main issue now is with the graphics. I'm running an nVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 graphics card, but I'm getting NO performance out of it. Despite the power of this card, the graphics performance I'm getting is not even as good as my ibook G4 delivers; I am using a core i5 2500k (which contains a small integrated GPU) which I'm pretty sure is just though-putting my entire graphics display without taking any advantage of the nVIDIA card. Tonymac's "NVEnabler" did nothing, and there are no drivers for mac OS available through nVIDIA. I thought maybe part of my trouble was that I had not yet upgraded to the 64-bit version of VLC, but that didn't even run at all. Also my display doesn't sleep at all ... the computer sleeps on schedule, but the display (which is supposed to sleep first) doesn't - I can only tell the computer has gone to sleep when the screensaver freezes. Also: ProjectM crashes iTunes :D . Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have on the subject as the resident expert.

One more thing: I am experiencing the same issue with memory that Tom Autobot talked about earlier in this thread. I have 1600MHz DDR3 memory which profiler sees as 800MHz DDR2. The specific hardware is a couple of Gskill "Ripjaws X" 4GB sticks. It's hard to know if the RAM is actually running at the proper speed or not ... but my guess is that it's running at what profiler thinks it is. Profiler has accurately sussed out all the other hardware (even the non-functioning graphics card) - that is, everything except for my revodrive (but that's to be expected since it's not supported on snow leopard). The revodrive is allegedly supported on Leopard with a SATARAID5 driver ... do you know of a slick way to modify your bootcd so that it includes the kernel for 10.5 rather than 10.6? Would this be enough to get the install working?

On a positive note, the OS has been running fast and smoothly and almost wrinkle-free [there was about 10 minutes where out of the blue it started demanding a password for everything I did, but then it got over itself] when I'm not trying to make it play compressed HD video files and such. Anyway ... this project was getting rather frustrating until I found your post, so I am very appreciative of your contribution, Andy. Cheers, -R

Still that awful reactivation sound after a while without any sound. :) It's getting pretty annoying. I wonder what I should do to fix this.

EDIT : I have read that some people have had this problem as well. Have you managed to fix it ? Thanks !

I had this problem, got a solution from this thread here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=17666

I don't see the point of using "antipop", why have a program continually running in the background when you can just change your system definition to a Mac Pro and solve it. Worked perfectly for me.

Andy,

Just wanted to say thanks. I have the P8P67 pro board and using your original boot cd I got everything installed today and working (except sleep, BT). Now I read the entire thread and spotted you have 2 newer revs but since I seem to be up and running I dare not touch anything now! Only tricky bit was my ATI HD5450 but using some of the lion kexts, I seem to have it working!

I bought a BT dongle so even though I now see that there is a BT kext, I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for your efforts on all this.

Can you expand on the lion kexts? I need help with my ATI 5670 and that might do the trick. Thanks

Hi, this is my first post here. First of all sorry for my bad english.

I´ve just built my 1 hackintosh. P8P67 PRO, i7 2600K, Sapphire X-VAPOR 5770, 8GB Ram.

I use AndyBoot CD for installing and allmost everything go fine.

Sound works with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fix.

Firewire works fine.

Bluetooth Works fine anfer fixing it.

But I Have some issues:

Esata port of the Mobo doesn´t work

USB3 ports don´t work.

System doesn´t wakeup after sleep (as much of us) I think there is no fix yet.

I´ve plugged mi USB mouse in a USB3 port and it works, but I plug an external HDD (Western Digitl) and it dosn´t work, and I plug my ipod and neither.

How can I fix Esata and USB3 issues?

Thanks in advance.