10.6.7 Update released

Skero666

111 posts in this topic

My update went pretty smoothly.

I copied my partition to another HDD first to be safe.

Updated via Software Update, rebooted to a KP complaining about sleepenabler.kext...wierd...I have no sleepenabler kext (or so I thought).

Booted into 10.6.6, removed my extensions.mkext from E/E and had a dig around and found a sleepenabler.kext in S/L/E....don't even ask, I have no idea why it was there.

Anyway, deleted that, rebooted with -x -v -f, used kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild caches.

Rebooted, straight in, but at 1024 x ???? widescreen, so downloaded the new Nvidia Fermi drivers, installed, rebooted and perfect!

Seems more fluid than before (graphics wise), will get a geekbench score later.

Oh and sleep still works, so that sleepenabler.kext must have been unnecessary anyway.

No problems here except the dreaded no USB issue. Rolled them back to 10.6.2 with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Installed the Legacy Kernel 10.6.7 and everything's good. Just wish my BCM kext supported 64-bit mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

I have a system updated to 10.6.7

When I used my nvidia 8400GS everything went well, full QE/CI, etc..

Then a few weeks ago a lot of news portal shared the info about 10.6.7 it will support radeon 5xxx and 6xxx

I found a really cool offer on the internet: VTX Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 ram for ~100$(in my country this is a nice offer)

I bought it and installed to my system but my OSX doesn't like it.

It has always said that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out.

I've Googled a lot and some1 said that I should delete the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from a IOPlatform*.kext

I did. The error went away but now I still can't boot 'coz my booting hangs and says: Still Waiting for Root device

Tried to remove all peripherials and only left connected my sata HDD with the osx

I have downloaded hazard's 10.6.6i and installed it(via my integrated vga) updated to 10.6.7 but the same error with a fresh install.

So it's clear the reason is my vga. If I install my vga I can't boot. If I remove and plug in my monitor to my integrated vga I can start it.

So my question is what should I do to get my card working?

I'm using now Windows 7 and the card works perfect.

• 4 weeks later...
Updated 10.6.7. AMD64 with Nawcom legacy_kernel 10.6.0. Boot with i386 -force64 crash 32 bit Apps. Back to 32 bit user space, works well. Waiting for the new kernel for AMD users. Thanks.

Solved: Patching libSystem.B.dylib for systenter issues. Now woks fine with i386 -force64, 64 bit user space.

How did you do this: "Patching libSystem.B.dylib for systenter"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No issues in my case. Running 64 Bit and it is the first time that I have seen 3612, which was previously below 3600, in Geekbench. On 32 Bit it was ~3280. Previously, some had reported that Atheros 9280 wifi card stopped working on 10.6.7. However, I can confirm that it is still working. If yours stopped working then try to change the sub system id. Below is the code I am using. Original code belongs to The KING. You need to apply this hack to your wifi device. In my case, AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x1382) changed to AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x8F), which is the one on iMac11,1 and iMac11,2.

Device (ARPT)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x0C)
                           {
                               "AAPL,slot-name", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "AirPort"
                               }, 

"device-id", Buffer () 
                               {
                                0x2A, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               },
                               "device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "AirPort"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x33)
                               {
                                   "Atheros 9280 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"
                               }, 

"subsystem-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }

I had to repair permissions and do one more restart to get brightness working again. Here take a look at my current setup, fixes and kexts.

After installing 10.6.0 on my eeepc 1000he I cant connect to wifi - there is no airport adapters in the list. I have atheros AR9280. You said that it should work, everybody says that, BUT IT DONT! Does anybody has the same problem?

Also what should I do with this quoted patch to get it applied?