10.6.7 Update released

Skero666

111 posts in this topic

HI JBraddock,

ich habe eine ASUS WL138g V2 und sie wird als Kartentyp: Karte eines Drittanbieters für ein drahtloses Netzwerk erkannt. Gibt es eine möglichkeit das die Karte als AirPort erkannt wird?

Ich habe die selbe Karte, und es zeigt sie auch als Karte eines Drittanbieters. Problematisch finde ich das nicht, so lange es funktioniert. :)

I have the same card and the same problem. But I doesnt bother me as long as it works. It is a third-party card after all.

It comes as no surprise that there are problems with Atheros 9285. I believe it is not fully supported on OSX.

Thank you the report. Mine is working well on 10.6.7. Please try to patch your wifi device and make sure that your sub system id belongs to Apple. DSDT fix for Atheros 9280.

On my Asus G51 no problems on Asus 1201PN I tried your atheros patch it did not work I took the kext from a backup and it works fine its odd to me the both have the same wireless card but I guess thats life with a "hackintosh"

HI JBraddock,

I have a ASUS WL138g V2 and it is as a card type: card detected a third-party for a wireless network. Is there a possibility that the card is recognized as an AirPort?

It might be possible. I don't know in detail but in real mac Broadcom BCM43xx has this "AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D)". I modified the code according to ioreg dump of MacBookPro5,5, which although I am not totally sure has Broadcom 43xx wifi card. I am not really sure about the device id though. Device id 432b is for a broadcom card which is N capable. If this doesn't work for you, try to change it in the code below to 0x18, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00.

I am sure you know this already but first you need to find out under which device your wifi card is located by using Ioreg Explorer and apply this hack to it. In my case it is Device (EXP1) or Name (_ADR, 0x001C0000). You can't just paste this code into your DSDT. It won't work. It has to be in the right place.

Device (ARPT)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, Zero)
                   Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package ()
                           {
                               "AAPL,slot-name", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "AirPort"
                               }, 

"device-id", Buffer () 
                               {
                                0x2B, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00 // Change 2B to 18 if this doesn't work.
                               },
                               "device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "AirPort"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer ()
                               {
                                   "Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a/b/g)"
                               }, 

"subsystem-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x8D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }

On my Asus G51 no problems on Asus 1201PN I tried your atheros patch it did not work I took the kext from a backup and it works fine its odd to me the both have the same wireless card but I guess thats life with a "hackintosh"

Just to make sure, did you look at your wifi card by using IOREG Explorer and then apply this hack to main device under which your wifi card is located? Even a bracket would make the difference. I had this experience so...

If it still doesn't work, well, as you said, it is a Hackintosh.

Good Luck,

Worked fine for me (with 10.6.5 IOUSBFamily.kext, didn't work on 10.6.6 either). IO80211Family.kext was broked, too.

All above have those errors, I guess related to older 10.4.0 legacy kernel:

kxld[com.apple.kpi.iokit]: This symbol set has the following unresolved symbols:
kxld[com.apple.kpi.iokit]: 	__ZN14IOPMrootDomain17createPMAssertionEyjP9IOServicePKc
kxld[com.apple.kpi.iokit]: 	__ZN14IOPMrootDomain18releasePMAssertionEy
kxld[com.apple.kpi.iokit]: 	__ZN14IOPMrootDomain19getPMAssertionLevelEy
kxld[com.apple.kpi.iokit]: 	__ZN14IOPMrootDomain19setPMAssertionLevelEyj
kxld[com.apple.kpi.private]: This symbol set has the following unresolved symbols:
kxld[com.apple.kpi.private]: 	_mbuf_get_traffic_class
kxld[com.apple.kpi.private]: 	_mbuf_set_traffic_class

First try killed my system. Update was 313 MB via SU, it stalled at 11% while writing files for more than one hour without any hdd activity. After that the volume couldn´t be repaired any more and i had to reinstall. Update was 1,06GB for retail 10.6 install, this time it went just fine, no problems at all :D

I downloaded and ran the combo updater as I always do, no problems so far.

Of course I had to repatch AppleHDA for AD2000B audio.

64-bit kernel and drivers retail installation, Asus P5Q-E, C2D E8500, Asus ENGTX460, MacPro3,1 model identifier.

Nvidia released a new driver today which I installed as well - uptime is ~3 hours so far + I did two quests in Torchlight with no "fermi freeze"...I heard GF100Hal wasn't changed but something else might have. Who knows. Let's see for how long it'll run this time.

Who knows. Let's see for how long it'll run this time.

It's a long time I'm waiting for this moment, maybe It's the right time that I'll decide to buy a Fermi card!

I'm keeping the fingers crossed!

maybe It's the right time that I'll decide to buy a Fermi card!

I bought a 1GB ASUS ENGTX460: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=H6TLkh8DlwAs1Liv

It's working fine really, but I need to keep VLC running in the background looping a video to avoid the "Fermi Freeze".

Besides the freeze, there's this (It's rare, I only had 3 in a month) OpenGL kernel panic which I haven't found a way to avoid. It has been reported by other fermi owners as well.

Mar 10 18:16:48 Gringos-MacPro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x26 = FECS Err: Watchdog Timeout

There's no OpenCL support and for some reason not all 336 CUDA cores are available. But that's not an issue unless you work with 3D graphics.

I confess I bought this card so I could play the latest games in Windows at high settings. Can't have this Hackintosh hobby holding me back. :)

I bought a 1GB ASUS ENGTX460: http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=H6TLkh8DlwAs1Liv

It's working fine really, but I need to keep VLC running in the background looping a video to avoid the "Fermi Freeze".

Besides the freeze, there's this (It's rare, I only had 3 in a month) OpenGL kernel panic which I haven't found a way to avoid. It has been reported by other fermi owners as well.

Mar 10 18:16:48 Gringos-MacPro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x26 = FECS Err: Watchdog Timeout

There's no OpenCL support and for some reason not all 336 CUDA cores are available. But that's not an issue unless you work with 3D graphics.

I confess I bought this card so I could play the latest games in Windows at high settings. Can't have this Hackintosh hobby holding me back. :)

Thanks for the info Gringo :)

In these last times, listening to these problems, I'm wrecking on another beach (ATi 6XXX) ...but I don't know.

I love the nvidia cards ..probably the time is not come again zZzZ

Did the update thru SU, it killed my system! Got KP as soon as it restarted and tried to load, and I am using lifehacker's guide with the ep45-ud3p v3, worse part is that all my updates have always worked, first time this happens to me!

Now I'm trying to restore from time machine backup because I didn't know how to flag -x with this bootloader! FML!!! :)

Lucky you... on my GA-EP45-UD3L... it didn't even replace my AppleHDA.kext but my sound disappeared anyways... :-/

replace the AppleHDA.kext anyways by trashing the current one and putting a backup of the kext in S/L/E. then repair permission with disk utility. in terminal enter the following command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions (you will likely have to put your password after you press enter). reboot. check sound pref pane.

hello, could you please tell me how to update a volume with 10.6.7 delta installed ?

the 10.6.7 update pakage told me that this delta volume is not good enouph for install.

Hi Carstiman.

Could be that your system wasn't updated correctly last time you ran the 10.6.6 update package...

Try using Pacifist with a 10.6.6 Combo update and installing everything from it to your installed partition.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :)

Good spot.. Yes I see that also on my hack. Though on my iMac I don't. So what causes these messages on my hack I wonder?

Hi blackosx.

After a long time... C & C++. ;) {yeah a bad ol' joke}

Anyways, I haven't having issues like Sadgirl. Kernel.log hasn't any errors from any kext or app loading at boot time.

However, I noticed this:

The 10.6.7 Delta update (that is what I used/ran/installed) doesn't have any updated AppleHDA.kext.

Confirmed. By two ways:

2) I used Pacifist to locate it. It wasn't there.

1) (yeah reverse order coz I did this first and then verified via Pacifist)

I used VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.2; and had moved the 10.6.6 AppleHDa.kext 19.9Fx.x.x version to /Volumes/Snow/Disabled/

So, I previously unloaded my VoodooHDA.kext via kextunload.

Renamed it in /S/L/E to VoodooHDa.kext.disabled.

Deleted the /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ & /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/* files.

Rebooted. Everything working fine. Actually Better & Great.

Ran XBench & GeekBench x32 & x64 versions. Definite speed boost in CPU, GPU, and HDD transfers.

I think 10-15% depending on hardware and DSDT optimizations.

But, my audio ports were missing. I've the GA-P55-US3L. I've done everything to get it to perfection.

But only the damned ALC 888b chipset is turning my hair grey. I've tried DSDT coding, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], various VoodooHDA edits, etc. everything.

All, iI get is FRONT stereo (only) out from the rear 3 3.5mm jacks. They are Green, Pink, and Blue.

My cabinet is Coolermaster 335. with 2 jacks on the front. I dunno if they are working HDEF out ports or regular AC '97 ports as the cable running from the front to the back to be connected to the motherboard have two pin bunches at the end. One labelled AC '97, other labelled HDEF.

Now, I would be really grateful if someone could guide me in having inserted the right codec verbs or something which is absolutely greek to me to get t ouse my Creative 5.1 T6060 speaker set to the fullest. Missing out on trying Mac games which I've DL-ed like months back and also BRRip movies and episodes. Especially the likes of Transformers, LOTR & TRON Legacy.

Please. Please, someone get me out of this ALC 888b misery.

I have thought of getting the Creative SB XFi USB sound card. costs 89 singapore dollars and 6 for shipping. But, its to ask a friend to get it.

It isn't available in my country. And, by US dollars it should be something like $70. I really don't mind spending this much, but could do with saving it as it's quite something in my country's currency. But, more importantly the card can't be ordered online too. NADA. not available.

So I request whoever reading this and having no issues with ALC 888b, to help me out please.

Thanks & Regards,

Freaky Chokra :(

I updated on my AMD machine (using a 10.6.6 Legacy Kernel) and it broke the semi-support for the ATI Radeon HD 4650. This made me mad. I had a perfectly stable AMD hackintosh and now it's stuck at a standard resolution without QE/CI. :/ Anybody know of a fix?

Updated my Dell Mini 9 (Atom netbook with Intel chipset) from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7 using Software Update. I use the latest NetbookInstaller. Everything went smooth and works perfectly. No difference noted. Took a while to reboot as NI automagically patched everything needed, but patience is a virtue.

And a song by Guns n Roses.

:(