Getting new lens to replace kit one, any suggestions? Help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RideMotoX559

RideMotoX559

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Racing Motocross, Comptuters, Photography
Alright, well I have a Digital Rebel XT and im looking to buy a lens to replace the kit one for all around use. I already have a 70-200 F/4L USM Telephoto that I love, but obviously I can only use that under certain conditions. I wanted to get a faster lens, like an F/2.8 but im only 16 and im not made of money.

I was looking at this: http://www.bhphotovi...oughType=search

I narrowed it down from a bunch and thought that would be a good everyday lens. I would also get the hood for it. I just wanted to know if anyone had it and thought it was good, bad , etc or could recommened anything better in the same price range. Thanks a bunch.

RiceTea

RiceTea

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Alternatives which would provide more wide angle:

Tamron 17-35, 2.8-4
Tamron 17-50, 2.8
Canon 17-40, 4
Canon 17-55, 2.8 (very expensive).

Alright, well I have a Digital Rebel XT and im looking to buy a lens to replace the kit one for all around use. I already have a 70-200 F/4L USM Telephoto that I love, but obviously I can only use that under certain conditions. I wanted to get a faster lens, like an F/2.8 but im only 16 and im not made of money.

I narrowed it down from a bunch and thought that would be a good everyday lens. I would also get the hood for it. I just wanted to know if anyone had it and thought it was good, bad , etc or could recommened anything better in the same price range. Thanks a bunch.

chrisricker

chrisricker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You might like the Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro or the 17-40 f4L

Kelvin KC Chan

Kelvin KC Chan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
EF17~40 f/4L USM.

denial_of_guilt

denial_of_guilt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
if you don't have , you MUST buy a 50mm fixed.....
imho is always the fastest solution:

50mm f/1.4 USM is perfect :)

with a cheap adapter you could also mount all the old Zeiss/Contax manual lenses... and that's also a great and cheap solution .

molsar

molsar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
yep. Zeiss via M42 adapter rox. and for Canon system u have focus confirmation on some custom made adapters.

Zeiss=razor sharp pictures :]

Trico

Trico

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello,

I have a 20D and 17-40 F4 L + 70-200 F4 L + 85 F1.8.
I love all three and I very happy with them. If you're looking for a fast, sharp prime, the 85 is a great choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy