Overheating Issues on 1005HA/1005HAB (my guide)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
Hey Guys,
So as you know, I have made my own guide about getting Asus Netbooks (1005HA and the 1005HAB) running 10.6.6. Most people have enjoyed the guide and have been able to get flawless installations. Thank you all for the continuing support :)

Now, comments that I have been getting lately are overheating on 10.6.6. Before my installation method was patched to this version, there were no such heat problems. People are saying that their computers will get extremely hot to the point where they can smell the plastic melting. Since I rarely use my hackintosh anymore (since I have my 15" Macbook Pro), I have not noticed this on my own netbook.

Since this problem has only come up in 10.6.6, I'm guessing it's either a problem with the kernel, or a problem with the SleepEnabler kext interacting on 10.6.6. Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have a solution?

Many thanks,
Marugby123

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Yust to add to the topic I find 3 people with same problem so far, onlz diference of the topic author guide installation is kernel for 10.6.6 update because It was pakage from canadianguz tutorial (because ease of use ,- no terminal work).

Todaz nearlz catastrophz again leave netbok to download with utorrent and came , display was in sleep aand so look like and fan plastick smells bad and it was so hot merly touchable. Put lid down netbok go to sleep open fan start to blow full strenght and save the day.

Something in fan-sleep control must be wrong.

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Yust to add to the problem of oveheating - new development so far I find 3 people with same problem.
Only diference from the author guide installation is kernel for 10.6.6 update, because it was package from canadianguy tutorial (because ease of use ,- no terminal work with kernel changing)).

Today nearly catastrophy again, I was leave netbook to download with utorrent and came yust in time to see that display was in sleep and so looks like it was the fan.

Plastick smells bad and it was so hot down there, merly touchable. Put lid down, netbok go to sleep, open and fan start to blow full strenght and save the day.

Something in fan-sleep control must be wrong. Beware and follow the guide to the letter mazbe the problem was in kernel changing that was onlz thing that I do not by this guide. For others with same problem I do not know but be causious. And I do dstd patch for batterz and 1 gb of RAM. This is only differencies.

Sorrry for the English, and typos I yust trying to get osx on the ancient desktop and this is my second encounter with os x so I am totally noob to that and to this forum and desktop is in progres so input is flaky

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Yust to add to the problem of oveheating - new development so far I find 3 people with same problem.
Only diference from the author guide installation is kernel for 10.6.6 update, because it was package from canadianguy tutorial (because ease of use ,- no terminal work with kernel changing)).

Today nearly catastrophy again, I was leave netbook to download with utorrent and came yust in time to see that display was in sleep and so looks like it was the fan.

Plastick smells bad and it was so hot down there, merly touchable. Put lid down, netbok go to sleep, open and fan start to blow full strenght and save the day.

Something in fan-sleep control must be wrong. Beware and follow the guide to the letter mazbe the problem was in kernel changing that was onlz thing that I do not by this guide. For others with same problem I do not know but be causious. And I do dstd patch for batterz and 1 gb of RAM. This is only differencies.

Sorrry for the English, and typos I yust trying to get osx on the ancient desktop and this is my second encounter with os x so I am totally noob to that and to this forum and desktop is in progres so input is flaky

Taken from my response on my site about this post:

Umm, no. This guide is not derived from candianguy's tutorial. So don't start and point fingers like that. I perfected this guide myself, and the 10.6.5 kernel is the 10.6.5 legacy kernel. So don't say stuff unless you have proof of it. Secondly, I do not support the usage of P2P clients or torrenting, so please do not post this on my site (or this forum) again. Thirdly, if enough people comment on the forum post, then someone can look into it in more detail. I don't write the kernels or drivers or anything, so I cannot help you fix this problem.

Please respect what I have posted from now on and not point fingers.
Marugby123

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Taken from my response on my site about this post:

Umm, no. This guide is not derived from candianguy's tutorial. So don't start and point fingers like that. I perfected this guide myself, and the 10.6.5 kernel is the 10.6.5 legacy kernel. So don't say stuff unless you have proof of it. Secondly, I do not support the usage of P2P clients or torrenting, so please do not post this on my site (or this forum) again. Thirdly, if enough people comment on the forum post, then someone can look into it in more detail. I don't write the kernels or drivers or anything, so I cannot help you fix this problem.

Please respect what I have posted from now on and not point fingers.
Marugby123

You missunderstood my point, I did not pointing fingers at you or at your guide I yust said that all was good with your gude and than I update kernel from package on canadianguy blog it was different kernel not your so maybe that is the problem. Another difference is that I make dstd patch for my battery because I have 1 gig of ram you have two so maybe one of that two things is what is the problem not you not your guide not your kernel, so stick your finger into marmelade ^_^. I know my english is bad but read more carefully ;).

Essentially I was telling people to strictly follow your guide becasue with canadianguy package {censored} happens ;).

I will try some of this days updating to 10.6.7 with your method and that hoppefully shoul resolve the problem if not I am tosted literally.

Bye.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hey Guys,
So as you know, I have made my own guide about getting Asus Netbooks (1005HA and the 1005HAB) running 10.6.6. Most people have enjoyed the guide and have been able to get flawless installations. Thank you all for the continuing support :)

Now, comments that I have been getting lately are overheating on 10.6.6. Before my installation method was patched to this version, there were no such heat problems. People are saying that their computers will get extremely hot to the point where they can smell the plastic melting. Since I rarely use my hackintosh anymore (since I have my 15" Macbook Pro), I have not noticed this on my own netbook.

Since this problem has only come up in 10.6.6, I'm guessing it's either a problem with the kernel, or a problem with the SleepEnabler kext interacting on 10.6.6. Has anyone else had this problem and/or does anyone have a solution?

Many thanks,
Marugby123

The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext which is responsible for fan speed and thus cooling is prolly not loading - maybe because it's not a match for the kernel or perhaps the NullCPUPowerManagement kext is overriding it. Whichever, it's likely not doing any harm either.

One of your contributors has offered a working solution involving initialising the power management with the battery. Check it out. It worked for me.

Cheers,
Andy

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Hey Guys,
So as you know, I have made my own guide about getting Asus Netbooks (1005HA and the 1005HAB) running 10.6.6. Most people have enjoyed the guide and have been able to get flawless installations. Thank you all for the continuing support ;)

Many thanks,
Marugby123

This is worked for me appleacpiplatform.kext was the problem, changed with version in this thread and fan works.

http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1701743

Before that chameleon would on boot instantly cut my fan and I was always putting netbook to sleep and wake and only after that fan would work as supposed. Battery trick did not work. Interesting was that fan worked normaly without battery. I think that must be something with ram , battery dstd patch and fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy