5 replies to this topic

Herdnerfer

Herdnerfer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all,

i just wanted to comment that i was able to get my Hackintosh up and running (dual boot with Windows 7) using ##### + ##### with the following specs:

ASUS p5g41t-m lx
Core2quad Q8200
4gb DDR3 800mhz RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
WD 1TB 7200rpm
WD 640GB 7200rpm
Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm

I didn't have to disconnect any peripherals, left all my HDs connected & dual monitors in tact. Once i got a good copy of SL, install completed error free. So if you have any of these devices in your PC, rest assured that they are compatible.

The only minor issue i have is that after running ##### & putting the bootloader on the HD, if i boot from the HD bootloader, SL will startup but the ethernet cable states that it is disconnected. I can boot from the ##### disc without any issues, internet works fine. But that is something i can live with. (Unless someone has insights into the issue, which i would be happy to entertain).

OSX86ORBUST

OSX86ORBUST

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
you need to determine which ethernet chip your board uses and install the appropriate kext for it.

Hawk007

Hawk007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hello all,

i just wanted to comment that i was able to get my Hackintosh up and running (dual boot with Windows 7) using ##### + ##### with the following specs:

ASUS p5g41t-m lx
Core2quad Q8200
4gb DDR3 800mhz RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
WD 1TB 7200rpm
WD 640GB 7200rpm
Maxtor 250GB 7200rpm

I didn't have to disconnect any peripherals, left all my HDs connected & dual monitors in tact. Once i got a good copy of SL, install completed error free. So if you have any of these devices in your PC, rest assured that they are compatible.

The only minor issue i have is that after running ##### & putting the bootloader on the HD, if i boot from the HD bootloader, SL will startup but the ethernet cable states that it is disconnected. I can boot from the ##### disc without any issues, internet works fine. But that is something i can live with. (Unless someone has insights into the issue, which i would be happy to entertain).

I have the very same mobo and used ##### + ##### method but cannot get to the installation screen, even with "PCIRootUID=1" or "PCIRootUID=1 -x" (?) Weird !

minko

minko

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Hawk007, me too! Going crazy about getting this Mobo to work!!

Ethan291

Ethan291

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Same here, except I have the LX3 revision of the board. Using ##### and the 10.6.3 retail DVD, it goes to the apple logo screen and freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S This is my first Hackintosh.

Herdnerfer

Herdnerfer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just thought i would post an update:

i still had issues with my snow leopard install crashing at random times, so i ended up giving up after a while. i just recently rekinded my hackintosh interest by getting Lion up and running on my PC. This time i used IATKOS L2. After a few quick kext additions, Lion has been running perfectly. Have had my computer up and running for a week now without a single crash and all my steam games seem to run just as well in Lion as they do in windows. I had upgraded to a triple monitor setup using the built in on board video card with this mobo, but Lion would have none of that, so i am back down to 2 monitors. Ive also changed my specs a bit, im up to 8 gb of ram now, sporting a NVIDIA GTX 550 TI & a 120gb SSD drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy