Mac Pro - no TPM

31 posts in this topic

Sure thing is that Mac Pro has different .kext drivers than every other mac... but that doesn mean that there is no TPM...

We will be able to tell more after 10.4.8 update comes... if it wil have all same kexts that are in mac pro, than it has TPM if not and/or there will be a separate update for Mac Pro than maybe it doesnt have it...

Um... i think the quickist why to check if there is a tmp chip is to do what bofors said. Make a program to access the tmp chip... Then we just have someone run it on a mac pro.

• 4 weeks later...
Pardon my ignorance if I'm wrong, but Steven Lin's "Bluetooth" tag on the image is actually an AirPort card. 1) It says so on the motherboard, and 2) it has an antenna plug connected to it.

Perhaps because of its blue color he thought it was bluetooth?!?

No, you are wrong. The AirPort card plugs into the Mini PCI-e slot (right next to the Airport label on the motherboard). In a Mac Pro, just like in the PowerMac G5, the Bluetooth module mounts on the motherboard and DOES have an antenna connection that runs to the back of the case. Steven Lin's labels are correct in this respect.