Hey im new :)

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I am new to this whole OSx86 scene.

Ok i'll set it straight i'm bored of windows i've had it over 8yrs and i've just had enough! So i decided to switch to Ubuntu it seems to be a really nice and easy linux distro to use but there was one thing I was missing and thats Photoshop.. sure you can run it under Wine but thats just not upto scratch either.

I went back to windows and supprisingly I was missing Ubuntu but just the thought of using GIMP just made me think well i'll have to stick with windows then about a week ago I lost 2 hours of photoshop work in windows... NOT happy!

I looked into this OSx86 business but my AMD 2500+ wasnt supported... time to sell my PC so I did and I was at first going to buy a Mac Mini but the systems specs was worst then my current PC I think £400 for 1.5Ghz mac mini is a total rip, your just paying for the logo!

I was then on eBay looking and I found a PC that was purposely built for OSx86 and the system specs was so much better then the mac mini and was only £230 I thought that it would do for now and Ican still run windows if I ever needed to.

So thats it really i'm just waiting for my Hackintosh I think the guy I bought it off is a memeber here too :)

Heres the system specs of the mini compared to the Hackintosh...

1.5GHz Intel Core Solo processor

512MB memory (667MHz DDR2 SDRAM)

60GB Serial ATA hard drive

(Pay extra for DVD RW)

VS

Celeron D325 2.53GHZ

768MB 533MHZ DDR 2 Ram

Intel D915GUX Motherboard

120GB IDE Hard Drive

Pioneer DVR111 DVD Burner DVD RW Drive

This system is alot more upgradable too...

I don't if i've done right or not but if not I can soon sell it

- Tom Parker

I doubt he will be put in jail... but... you never know.

Does it come with osx preinstalled? or will you need to download a prepatched dvd?

I doubt he will be put in jail... but... you never know.

Does it come with osx preinstalled? or will you need to download a prepatched dvd?

well, if he says ne thing incriminating on the forum... then he will, i only put up my email address with teh fake credentials up on forums (all of them are fake creds btw :) ) its better to be safe then sued!

max

oh, and ps, that is very incriminating as you also have pics of all ur collage mates, ur car, and probobly yourself, your family, your house.... everything.... TOM PARKER, oh wait, i could have guessed that from ur name... that was stupid of me... didnt notice that b4... lol, nice to meet you btw, i like the puegot... we dont have those here in america :(

Errm ok then way to scare a new member away ;) Well I aint had any problems for 3 years with my name on the net it don't really bother me. Why would I be sued? Have I broke a rule already... hmmm better read rules again...

I guess I cant say if it comes preinstalled or I have to download it so i'll just let you guys guess :) All my pictures on my blog of friends I have there permission and well people in the UK stick there mates pics on bebo without permission i'm pretty safe on the net either way.

Am I spamming with a link to my blog in my sig?

- Tom