28 replies to this topic

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

We are all cosmetic nuts.

Lol, indeed! I guess I'd just like to have it perfect once I'm using it in place of graphics enabler. There's no real reason for me to use the DSDT edit over GE. I just figured that while I'm using a DSDT I might as well use it to enable the graphics as well. One less hack to load on startup.

That and the fact that I can't understand why it's not over-riding the slot name.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,060 posts
"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x05)
{
"PCI3"
},

That works for me. I just can not get it to load the full name...

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
Yep, that should work. It worked on my old board. But it doesn't here. It writes the model, the revision number etc just fine. But it won't overwrite the slot name.

That reminds me about something I've been meaning to ask about buffer sizes. How come they're often one character more than their contents? In your example PCI3 is 4 characters, but the buffer is 5. I usually set the buffer to match the contents.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,060 posts

Yep, that should work. It worked on my old board. But it doesn't here. It writes the model, the revision number etc just fine. But it won't overwrite the slot name.

That reminds me about something I've been meaning to ask about buffer sizes. How come they're often one character more than their contents? In your example PCI3 is 4 characters, but the buffer is 5. I usually set the buffer to match the contents.

I always add 2 over for the buffer sizes when doing names. So I count the characters and say it is 20 I will enter Buffer(0020) and the compiler will change it to Buffer (0x..) and if you put to many you get ,,,,,, that tells you you are over 3 buffer sizes to large or more.

The following is what happens you get crazy with the DSDT edits. Attached is a pic that shows what I add to all of my DSDT's I make so that people know who made it and where to go for help:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 10.26.48 PM.png   74.51KB   60 downloads

quanfd2

quanfd2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
pls help to fix my video card Geforce 7300GT on SL 10.6.8 ON Gigabyte EP31-DS3L cpu intel pentium dual E2200 2.20Ghz, DDR2 2gb, sata drive: 160gb. tks

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,060 posts

pls help to fix my video card Geforce 7300GT on SL 10.6.8 ON Gigabyte EP31-DS3L cpu intel pentium dual E2200 2.20Ghz, DDR2 2gb, sata drive: 160gb. tks

That is a kext issue and not a DSDT issue.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

So I count the characters and say it is 20 I will enter Buffer(0020) and the compiler will change it to Buffer (0x..) and if you put to many you get ,,,,,, that tells you you are over 3 buffer sizes to large or more.

That's good to know that it warns you if you go way over. I probably should just post up my DSDT edit in case I'm doing something obviously wrong. Here's it is before and after edit.

The only thing that I can think of, is on my old board the slot name was absent. So I had to add it to have it show in System Profiler. With this one it's present and I'm trying to rename it. Perhaps it's being renamed by the DSDT and then getting changed back again elsewhere? I know it can be done as Chameleon seems to manage.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
<- Idiot

I finally realised what was wrong. I had to remove the "Name (_SUN, One)" line from the start of PEGP.

Order is restored.

hugeschnauzer

hugeschnauzer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Hi Guys.

Maps, App Store and Safari are crashing

Im using AGPM legacy kext with GTX 285 info inside Macpro 5,1 smbios. GE=Y

Using Mavericks

Is the Nvidia Drivers a solution?

THats my DSDT: http://cl.ly/262i3D0B3P1E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy