• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

gazasaurusu

gazasaurusu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Ok I want everyone to chime in with their most hated website designs / features.

I'll start:

Rounded corners
Drop shadows
Pinstripe backgrounds

Mackie

Mackie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Reflections :thumbsdown_anim:

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
pages that dont fit the screen horizontally. even at 1280x1024

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
We've used rounded corners and reflection here, but we tried not to go over the top like some sites.

Personally I hate any site with TONS of ads, or those annoying Forbes articles that only give you a few seconds on each slide.

Also, any site with bad navigation gets an F in my list.

vince29

vince29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
flash sites : "go back" button doesn't work anymore, one can't save pictures, it takes far toot long to load, and isn't at all scalable to different resolutions. :whistle:

aberracus

aberracus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
i really love reflections, if used moderatly like in this site, and rounded corners is so unwindows =)

flash sites i really hate them poping and sounding, dont you hate music in the sites?

or excess in audio effects?

jonz14

jonz14

Insanely Better Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Pop-ups and ads are really annoying especially the {censored} ads on most of the good torrent sites now. I also hate flash websites especially since I can't save pics. I personally like reflections and the rounded corners to an certain extent.

benz716

benz716

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
pop ups bad yes ...but pop ups w/ nudity...yikes....theres kids in the room. that and shoot the duck/roach/celebrity/bin laden/ pop ups....oia!

gazasaurusu

gazasaurusu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Oh yes, I like all these annoying things.

I've never stopped to think about just how anoying the web is.

My new most annoying "thing" is the phrase ... "Web 2.0"

It makes me want to hit people. I've never heard such nonsense, middle-manager-clueless-halfwit-types love it.

reghost

reghost

The Holy Frijole!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Audio Production, Graphic Desing, Beta Testing
Man i hate those flah ads were you have to shoot or punch something to WIN A PRIZE..woo hoo... man that is {censored}.

K4bren

K4bren

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Computers, Apple, Podcasting, Technology, etc.
Some flash sites. Ones that take forever to load, have music, are slow. I also hate music that is piped into sites with no easy way to stop it.

vandetta

vandetta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Popups, many ads, ugly wallpaper and slow server :D

niteice

niteice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
www.myspace.com

rollcage

rollcage

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,169 posts
- annoying flash ads w/ sound (there's one with a bug that you have to kill, you can hear the buzzing, it drives me insane!).

- sites that have enormously long pages you have to scroll down. break it up into a few pages.

- pop ups, and even worse, pop under ads.

- sites that are really slow. but who likes that??

oregano

oregano

oregano!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
comic sans font
plain white backrouds
all html websites, with nothing interseting or hard to do

crypt_k

crypt_k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Websites that are made only for internet explorer.

oregano

oregano

oregano!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
yeah lol
websites with only one color

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
I hate websites that look like they were made in 1995. Sites that have animated backgrounds, awkward color schemes, oversized text, too many animated gifs all over the place, and random marquee effects that really have no use.

Sometimes people overkill a design in a sad attempt to make it seem like they are html-savvy. This happens all too often on MySpace profiles.

A newer trend that I absolutely hate are ads that have audio to accompany space-hogging flash banners. "Smash the buzzing fly." How about I smash the face of the guy who made that ad?

oregano

oregano

oregano!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

I hate websites that look like they were made in 1995. Sites that have animated backgrounds, awkward color schemes, oversized text, too many animated gifs all over the place, and random marquee effects that really have no use.

Sometimes people overkill a design in a sad attempt to make it seem like they are html-savvy. This happens all too often on MySpace profiles.

A newer trend that I absolutely hate are ads that have audio to accompany space-hogging flash banners. "Smash the buzzing fly." How about I smash the face of the guy who made that ad?

i agree with every thing u just said

rollcage

rollcage

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,169 posts

agreed, those are one of the most annoying things i can think of having on a webpage. only thing that might beat those out are the ads that follow your cursor around and try to get it so when you click you go to the linked web page. :gun: if i ever find the guy that came up with those...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy