Dell inspiron ONE 2310 unusual build

Acro_Design

22 posts in this topic

hey everyone, first topic :rolleyes:

i am trying to install os x leopard retail legit disk on my Dell inspiron one 2310

inspiron-one-2310-design3.jpg

that thing :) its the perfect hackintosh as you can see

specs

Core i3 processor, 4gb RAM, a dedicated 1GB ATI Radeon HD5470 graphics card and a 1TB hard disk

runs in native the correct sata mode too

right so heres the problem,

i have tried running i boot and got to the i boot menu with all the disks and the i boot cd icon

when i enter [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] icon this happens

post-758130-1300219850_thumb.jpg

i have close ups if required

so whats the problem,

it did this with i deneb too after installation (previously uninstantiated now)

please help

thanks in advance

right problem solved i now have a lovely all in one (as the pic didnt show) it looks like a mac its all in one but its a dell and boots windows, so now i have snow leopard installed i have some questions

firstly how do i change the screen res as it looks well horrible really pixelated

second i have an i pod touch but i tunes can find it, any solutions? (usb drivers work does work)

third how do install chameleon boot loader to so that windows MBR doesnt show up its a little bit of a pain to keep using

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

fourthly my keyboard, can i set it to use ctrl and all that instead of macs native keyboard

as this is a fairly brand new all in one pc i dont have any ideas about drivers that may exist for my sytem, but if you developers are listening, this is the future of hackintosh and i will be more then happy to be a ginipig.

thanks guys cant wait for any replys

UPDATE:

man alive what a n00b ^ i gave up on this its totally pointless with out proper support for graphics

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

Here's yet another proud owner of a Dell Inspiron One 2310.

Can one of you regular techsperts please help (Pretty Please)

I and several other owners of this (different build) machine are not quite up to speed with hackintosh and would truly appreciate your help & support.

I have Leopard osx86 10.6.7 up and running on my Toshiba Qosmio X350 but now want to put Lion GM on my new Computer but this appears to be a totally different kettle of fish.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

bugga.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Folks,

I've progressed a bit further with my osx86 lion gm install to a guid partitioned portable usb drive loaded from an installer on a usb 8gb key.

I can boot to this drive by selecting it from f12 boot prompt on my Toshiba Qosmio X350 but it's no dice on my Dell Inspiron One 2310.

I'm thinking I need a DSDT for my Dell but need some help in either building one or perhaps by now some kind person has cobbled together a DSDT after looking at the Inspiron One 2310 photo and realizing (apart from the hardware specs) that this machine would make a great mac clone.

Review and specifications here >

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/deskt...one_2310/370289

Any or all help would be truly appreciated ;)

Thanks In Advance

• 2 months later...
i have not attempted this build in a while this was 6 months ago, if this particular gpu has been sorted i will go on and attempt this one again

Have you tried putting your device ID in the controller?

Open Terminal and type the following command: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/ATI5400Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist. You will enter a simple text editor; scroll with the arrow keys to a section where it says IOPCIMatch. Underneath you will find an entry with numbers preceded by 0x; before the other numbers, you will type 0x[devid][venid], or in your case (I believe), 0x68f91002. Once you are done, press Control-O to save and reboot in verbose by typing -v at the boot prompt to check for errors. Don't fret if it doesn't change; if it doesn't work, do this.

Download OSx86 Tools. Upon download, open it and click the button EFI String/Boot Flag. In the new window, click GFX strings. Click the pop-up menu and choose Custom GeForce. Follow the prompt for the name of your card, (you would type ATi Radeon HD 5470) and choose your ports (which, if I am not mistaken, is VGA / DVI). Once you're done, copy the entire hexadecimal EFI string. Now open Terminal again and type this: sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist. Scroll down and press return to create a new line after the 5 under Timeout. Press tab and type device-properties. Press return again and type and paste the EFI string there. At the end type , save and reboot. See if graphics work then.

If you are not concerned about 3D acceleration (QE/CI), but only want a different resolution, download #########, install the bootloader, and edit your com.apple.boot.plist file as follows: type sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist and scroll down to Kernel Flags. In the line below it, type at the end "Graphics Mode"=yourxresolutionx32. For example, if you wanted 1280x1024, you would type "Graphics Mode"=1280x1024x32.

Let us know how it goes. ;) I have another bootloader I can link if you want.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im very rusty with the hole thing, its been a while, i want to try it out, but as i use a lot of 3d design software and my misses likes to play the sims 3, i think i am going to need QE/CI

i wonder if lion will make a difference, i will definitely try your terminal trick anyway.

wonder if bugga gave up on this build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am far more practiced now having fun with my acer 5750. Saying fun I'm a bit stick but I'm messing around properly with device IDs and plist. Anyway my confidence is growing. I would try this build as I feel i could get it to lion. My main concearn is that I have windows 7 ultimate installed and there would be a format and partition table change. Cloning and restoring windows partitions is not my strong point. Actually I have never done it. I mean why would I all the os I use are designed to work side by side. Have you tried windows 8..... Um dont. Do try jolli cloud that's a funky little os

What you can do is use a GParted Live CD to partition your drive. It's fairly easy to use, and if your Win7 installation doesn't work all you have to do is boot the installation DVD and click "Repair your computer".

If you look at the thread in my signature I link to post #8 where there is a preparation method to install OS X without permanently breaking Windows. :)

ha ha yeah i didn't think of that, i have gparted live already its an absolutely awesome tool because it does format to hfs+, i wonder if gparted has the exposure it deserves, especially in the new users lounge. pookeymacman you are very helpful at reminding me the stuff that i have forgotten, keep it coming lol. im to afraid to ask. for example; i cant get into a kext to sudo open -t a plist. the alternative is to desktop it but this breaks the plist. any ideas maybe cd it and nano.

you see im at the stage where im not a newb but because there are so many help! im a newb topics around, i cant find the simple information i am looking for.

did you know i have a interest in computer engineering too, i believe that hardware solutions are better then software solutions, and that is why i do crazy mods with my dermal and brand new laptops ha ha.

That is totally awesome. B)

Well, the way I edit a kext is to cd into it like the following for NVDANV50HAL.kext:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HAL.kext/Contents

and then I use nano to edit the plist.

sudo nano ./Info.plist

You can use pico or vi too, but I like nano. :)

i like the name nano. that's what most of my preferred methods are based on. The /contents was what i was i didnt know. this is great, now i can get voodoo hda working properly.

I have a harder question for you that you may be able to help with, pm me i think its best.

ok so heres the questions, actually its more of a scenario, i really want to get my acer 5750 to lion, however i need to buy lion first, but to do this i need to get my i3 to be recognised.... im amusing you cant on 10.6.7 because only 10.6.8 has native sandy bridge support. app store wont let me buy it (unless i just need to add it to system profiler from a plist somewhere) distros are out of the question, i dont have a peg leg and an eye patch after all. anyway after running 10.6.8 combo i get double kp (not important) i can then get it to boot in safe mode, this shows 10.6.8. finder will crash continuously and i can only run app store and kext installers ###### and terminal <yay, (so anything not based around finders core services). i just need a way to stop finder crashing, im now on a very unstable 10.6.8 (partially installed perhaps) which should be enough to start the 10.7 prerequisite stuff. amusing i can can get onto lion. will this restore all core services that are broken.

back to this topic, ###### legacey couldnt find my usb Sl installer and my internal dvd drive. if i remember correctly i had to use an external dvd drive (but its hidden itself in my house some ware) i realise i should be asking tony mac 8x fourm but i think they may be getting fed up with newby questions and so dont bother replying (even though this is not normal and should be investigated) what is it about my bios on the dell that i boot legacy doesn't like.

You can use Chameleon Wizard to apply an smbios.plist. If you don't know what that is, it sets the Mac model, processor, and RAM info.

I'd say you only partially installed 10.6.8. If you want to update to 10.6.8, reinstall and remove VoodooHDA/AppleHDA before installing the update. That is what's causing the panic.

normally that would be the case, voodoo hda and apple hda but this is aparently my intell 3000 intigrated graphics.... lets see i shall show you the panic http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50078 the op has posted a pic of the same panic. i get this panic after using update helper too.

i will do the combo update on a frest install with only nullcpu power management (this is because 10.6.5 fails withought it) and i assume a combo doesnt skip versions? <my basic mac knowledge is poor

i will look at chemelion wizard now. and thank you for your help keep it coming, your making me feel alot better.

Combo update is exactly what it says: it combines all updates into one installation package. This means you don't have to worry about doing each update individually (i.e. download 10.6.1, download 10.6.2, download 10.6.3, etc)

I believe that the Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip only works with 10.6.8 or Lion.

BTW, instead of ########, consider the OSx86 ModCD. The ModCD combines post-install packages onto a retail installation disc on the fly, so it is like a distro but it's legal. ;) I have a guide for it (very similar to i.boot's guide) in my signature.

hey now thats what im talking about. i will take a look asap! i am using ###### out of loyalty but i gues its time i try the alternatives :) i wish i had time today but its mothers day... i will be on later and let you know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

back to the dell inspiron one

using mod cd i have not been able to boot.

the last thing i see before darwin shuts down my pc is:

dumping pci configuration space

ati mobility radeon whatever it is has something to do with it i think.

nope as usual i cant get to 10.6.8. this is post install of 10.6.3 and -s is not an option :/

i think i need to recompile a updated mod cd like we discussed. im sorry we keep going around and around with both my builds and thank you so much for keeping on board PookyMacMan

I'm working on the patching scripts for the ModCD. :) Planning on adding more graphics support.

Does reinstalling change anything? Try repartitioning your drive.