Mobility Radeon HD 4650:Full Resolution with QE & CI working on Internal LVDS screen

mucha

696 posts in this topic

Ok, I've read again crazybirdy's updated guide here.

I think you can either use the bootloader he attached instead of the one I used that time:

Chameleon_2.1svn_r1618_trunk_Peregrine_NB_pkg.zip

I think it's better since it is an installer. It's the same one I use now in lion.

Now if you say that the system's hanged, not only the display, you must try to understand what's wrong. Maybe nothing concerning the graphic card.

bootup in verbose and report where it hangs and eventually KP.

The picture in post 638 shows where it hang. I will try that bootloader again and see what I get. Otherwise I will try and figure out where and why it is hanging. Thank you.

im sorry this is where it hangs

post-936400-0-06913000-1329998037_thumb.jpg

This is where im guessing it KPs?

post-936400-0-01526900-1329998103_thumb.jpg

The pic in post #638 doesn't show any kp and seems osx is up. In this case it should be able to run ks.command.

Anyway you did some other modifies since that pic, so I'm pretty sure the verbose level messages are different now.

If you still obtain the same errors with atiframebuffer after the last mod to that ati kext it means that the file is still corrupted.

If you get there without kp and cannot hear sound from volume keys nor open the cd nor shut down maybe also the input and/or sound drivers aren't ok.

I would try anyway with an external usb keyboard and a VGA display and see what happens.

I'm sorry you can't still get to the point.

I think there is not too much else I can do to help you. Let us know.

Hi c0ke & dajerm119,

I think better start from fresh 10.6.7. The ATIFramebuffer.kext failed to load problem, look like it's not the correct ATIFramebuffer.kext for 10.6.7.

@dajerm119, Please list all kexts in /Extra folder. Also make sure all Extra Extension must installed in:-

/Extra

not in other directory.

@cOke: thank you so much for your time and effort. I really appreciate your patience and willingness to help. I may just try a fresh install and go from there. Thank you to everyone else how has helped as well. I will let you know if anything happens.

The only kext in /Extra are Extensions.bak.mkext and Extensions.mkext

"Also make sure all Extra Extension must installed in /Extra."

I'm not sure I understand, are there supposed to be more kexts in here?

I don't see any kp in your pics.. Only atiframebuffer issue.

So kextstat.txt should be saved in your home directory and should be useful to see if all other needed ati kext are loaded.

I agree again with kizwan, ati kexts corrupted maybe. You could extract the clean ones from an osx update maybe 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 should have same ati kexts.

I tried again this time with a fresh instal of OS X and extracted fresh kexts from 10.6.7 then modified them for my needs. All kexts are loading except the ATIFrambuffer.kext. I have, unfortunately, run out of time. My business is starting to pick back up and I no longer have time to mess with this. I would like to thank everyone who helped me, I am sorry I could not get this to work on my machine. Thank you again and If I decide to try again and have any success I will let everyone know.

Hello, i have Asus N52JU with Ati 6370m, is same 5470m but rebranded.

Now can activate it from chameleon, use ati5000enabler and override edit of my lvds. But the problem is i don´t know how fix framebufer. Can you help me?

When boot have black screen but i've change monitor Ati card work, but only half screen.

I attached all information i think you need for help me:

ioreg with framebufer loaded, bios dump, vanilla next (7.1.8 from Lion 10.7.3), enabler I used ...

Please help me because is the last piece of hardware i need for 100% hackintosh, (now work USB, card reader, webcam, wifi, ...)

Thanks for you time.

http://db.tt/9dpWtEvH

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've posted this in bcc9's thread, but maybe here is better... I have a Radeon HD 4550, and on Lion 10.7.3. I've managed to enable full resolution, QE/CI, and the DVD Player works. Here comes the problem... I can't seem to use things like Portal 2, or Minecraft. I can start them up, but when I try to play the whole computer freezes up, but I can move the mouse. The only way to get out of it is to hard reboot. I've tried so many different Transmitter/Encoder/Hotplug/SenseID, and nothing helps. Here is my dump from bcc9's tool:

ATOM BIOS Rom:
SubsystemVendorID: 0x1458 SubsystemID: 0x21ae
IOBaseAddress: 0xee00
Filename: R455D39I.F61
BIOS Bootup Message: GV-R455D3-512I/F61						

PCI ID: 1002:9540
Connector at index 0
Type [@offset 44660]: VGA (1)
Encoder [@offset 44664]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2 (0x16)
i2cid [@offset 44732]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2
Connector at index 1
Type [@offset 44670]: HDMI-A (11)
Encoder [@offset 44674]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)
i2cid [@offset 44755]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 2
Type [@offset 44680]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 44684]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
i2cid [@offset 44784]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5
Connector at index 3
Type [@offset 44690]: DVI-I (2)
Encoder [@offset 44694]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
i2cid [@offset 44784]: 0x94, OSX senseid: 0x5

and from redsock_bios_decode:

R455D39I.F61:
GV-R455D3-512I/F61						

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1458
   Subsystem ID: 21ae
Object Header Structure Size: 235
Connector Object Table Offset: 3c
Router Object Table Offset: 0
Encoder Object Table Offset: af
Display Path Table Offset: 10
Connector Object Id [5] which is [VGA]
encoder obj id [0x16] which is [iNTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC2] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A]
encoder obj id [0x1e] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY (osx txmit 0x10 [duallink 0x0] enc 0x0)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I]
encoder obj id [0x15] which is [iNTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [2] which is [DVI_I]
encoder obj id [0x21] which is [iNTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x12 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x4)] linkb: false

Here is the personality that matches my DVI-I, and VGA correctly:

1000 0000 1000 0000 0000 0000 0101 0002
0008 0000 0002 0000 0001 0000 1001 0101
0400 0000 0402 0000 0000 0000 1204 0205

This matched my DVI, VGA, but when I use a HDMI to DVI cable the screen is all garbled with colors.. On DVI, I can start Minecraft, go to the menu, but when I click play it freezes up the computer. Same with Portal 2... The weird thing is that DVD Player works, except I haven't played a DVD for more that 2 minutes..

Now when my DVI is plugged in, but not HDMI, HDMI shows on port2 where DVI should be. I've tried a lot of different values, and haven't gotten HDMI to even display properly... I'm kind of stuck. One thing is that maybe ATI4600Controller doesn't properly work with my card, as I have out my device ID into it. Anyone have any ideas? I've also attached the output from RadeonHD.kext to the end of the post.

Thanks!

RadeonDump.txt

Hey guys!

I came across with a weird problem: I can't get detailed connection info from my bios (ATI Mobility Radeon x1700, dev_id = 71DE).

My results:

./radeon_bios_decode < /Extra/1002_71DE.rom

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x1043 SubsystemID: 0x14e3

IOBaseAddress: 0xa000

Filename: f3s0122.m66

BIOS Bootup Message:

ASUS F3S M66M ATOM BIOS ASID:A14201.006$

PCI ID: 1002:71de

Connector at index 0 type: VGA

Connector at index 1 type: LVDS

Connector at index 2 type: Composite

Connector at index 3 type: DVI-I

./redsock_bios_decoder < /Extra/1002_71DE.rom

f3s0122.m66 :

ASUS F3S M66M ATOM BIOS ASID:A14201.006$

Subsystem Vendor ID: 1043

Subsystem ID: 14e3

Object Header Structure Size: 43605

Connector Object Table Offset: 0

Router Object Table Offset: 0

Encoder Object Table Offset: 0

Display Path Table Offset: 0

Connector Object Id [0] which is [NONE]

./RadeonDump -i

Skipping TV-Out

Bios Connector table:

Port1: DDCType-0x7e50, DACType-7, TMDSType-0, ConnectorType-0, hpd_mask-0x0

Port3: DDCType-0x7e60, DACType-1, TMDSType-1, ConnectorType-0, hpd_mask-0x1

EDID for connector 0:

Read data failed

EDID for connector 1:

Read data failed

EDID for connector 3:

Read data failed

RaBit.exe:

-- Analyzing ROM BIOS --

HEADER offs: 0x216

PCIR struct offs: 0x23C

DATA offs: 0xB35A, 76 entries

MASTER offs: 0xB3F2, 34 entries

CRC table offs: 0x261

CLOCK table offs: 0xB8FA

Core clock is 430.00 (0.00 3D) MHz

Memory clock is 400.00 MHz

Reference clock is 27.00 MHz

Connectors Layout table offs: 0xB9F4

Port = 0, Conn0 type = VGA

Port = 0, Conn2 type = STV

So, there's no way to get senseid for me and I can't patch ATI1600Controller to get my internal LVDS working!

Could anybody help me please?

Thank you in advance!

1002_71DE.rom.zip

kernel.log.zip

RaBiT.log.zip

HI guys,

Thanks to crazybird's new method, I was able to get QE/CI on my Ati Mobility Radeon 5145 using ATY_init for 4570. Note that 5145 is just a rename of 4570, only slightly higher and i tried the actual 5145 ATY_init but it gave me the black & white distorted screen. If i just use chameleons bootloader w/ GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it always gives me the device pci-1 hang up even w/ my compiled chameleon boot loader (adding my device on ati_c), results still the same. So ATY_init worked for me.

Have the green apple when on translucent bar and the rippling effect when adding widgets.

My only problem is i couldn't stream videos online. Running on 64 mode(-force 64 arch=i386), Safari will crash when I try to play video ads on Apple site. On Youtube, it plays but really fast, thus it gets distorted. It's not much but I have 6 mpbs Internet connection, and I'm pretty sure that's enough for streaming especially on YouTube like back in Windows. Besides, I see the video already loaded completely but it's still saying buffering or sometimes it plays but in slow motion.lol.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Booted w/ only arch=i386, Apple video ads won't crash anymore but still distorted, same on Youtube (Safari, firefox, Opera).

2. Opted out of HTML5 so all browsers will use Adobe flash plugin, same distorted results

3. Unchecked graphics acceleration on the flash plugin settings (which shouldn't be the case coz my graphics is supposed to be working), same results.

4. Downgraded my flash player coz I read that Safari users had this problem before and downgrading flash solved it, however, same results.

So if someone could please clarify this for me. Is it because of the framebuffer or not related at all? I'm still experimenting on how to make shrike work on my lappy. While doing that, just want to make sure that it is indeed the problem even though I have QE/CI now. Or is there something on my E/E folder that's causing that? I didn't want to delete any coz most of them were installed by default by Nawcom's Mod except w/ the kext with *.

On my E/E:

*AnyCardReader.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AtherosWifiInjector.kext

*ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvilAppleACPIPLatform.kext

EvilIOPCIFamily.kext

*Ev0reboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext

VodooBattery.kext

On S/L/E that I injected:

VodooHDA

Aty_init

I'm running SL 10.6.8 and my specs is in my signature. I don't know much about graphics but here's what's in my system right now1.jpg2.jpg

Just out of curiosity: Does ATY_Init.kext take care of DSDT dual-link patching? Because I just removed the patch code from my dsdt for a test and still get output on internal LVDS at 1600x900. There is no change in output though, still distorted. I noticed though that (with and without patch) it appears that every second pixel column is plain white. Could it be that I had inserted the patch improperly in the first place?

HI guys,

Thanks to crazybird's new method, I was able to get QE/CI on my Ati Mobility Radeon 5145 using ATY_init for 4570. Note that 5145 is just a rename of 4570, only slightly higher and i tried the actual 5145 ATY_init but it gave me the black & white distorted screen. If i just use chameleons bootloader w/ GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it always gives me the device pci-1 hang up even w/ my compiled chameleon boot loader (adding my device on ati_c), results still the same. So ATY_init worked for me.

So if someone could please clarify this for me. Is it because of the framebuffer or not related at all? I'm still experimenting on how to make shrike work on my lappy. While doing that, just want to make sure that it is indeed the problem even though I have QE/CI now. Or is there something on my E/E folder that's causing that? I didn't want to delete any coz most of them were installed by default by Nawcom's Mod except w/ the kext with *.

Old method, better than New method

10.7.x VGA + DVD Player + MS Office ppt work, Chess doesn't work.

10.6.8 VGA + DVD Player + MS Office ppt + Chess work.

Old method, better than New method

10.7.x VGA + DVD Player + MS Office ppt work, Chess doesn't work.

10.6.8 VGA + DVD Player + MS Office ppt + Chess work.

So it's Lion problem? I try 3 different methods, but same problem with chess and games.