Mobility Radeon HD 4650:Full Resolution with QE & CI working on Internal LVDS screen

mucha

696 posts in this topic

ok thanks.

the dvd player it not matter for me i am using vlc .

this new registery dump

Thank you! I'll look into it later. If I found anything you can optimized further, I'll let you know.

I has look to your IORegistry dumps & I found ATIRadeonX2000.kext is not loaded. Hmmm...I think probably you'll need to solved your Mac OS X setup problem first.

There is one person who have identical notebook as mine (Dell Studio 1557) but he/she have internal Full HD LCD panel (1920x1080). He/she already tried the same modified boot file I gave you which injecting new property for the ATI graphic card but the results still the same; internal LCD blank. Latest 17" MacBookPro8,3 also have internal LCD with higher resolution than 1336x768 & it's used LVDS. So, what is the different with ours???? I know Dell Studio 1557 has LVDS interface which support dual-link/two channel LVDS transmitter because I has the schematic. Probably the OS X's driver only provided support for dual-link LVDS on several GPU only which could explain why we can't get ours to work. I think we will need to examine the iMac's IORegistry since our ATI is 4xxx & 5xxx. I already look in iMac11,1's IORegistry. It's used DP_INT instead of LVDS.

Hey kizwan,can you give me your kexts??,i want to try,is np if is not gonne work,i have radeon hd 4650 1gb ddr3 [0x9480] plzzzzzzzzz plzzzzzzzzz

this patched frambuffer with shrike this work for me.

Attached File(s) zip.gif ATIFramebuffer.kext.rar

so if your laptop is hp it may work for you try it and dont forgot to do disk premision repair after installin this kext.

this new registery dump

You can patch LPC device in DSDT. It help the processor run much cooler. You can go over here to learn how to patch LPC device (in my DSDT the LPC device is named LPCB).

No, you are right, kizwan, I do not see ATIRadeonX2000.kext loaded. What can prevent it?

Thanks!

I'm not sure. Try fix your setup first. Get rid all unnecessary kexts like nullcpupowermanagement.

You can patch LPC device in DSDT. It help the processor run much cooler. You can go over here to learn how to patch LPC device (in my DSDT the LPC device is named LPCB).

thanks

i have idt audio like you kizwan can you post your idt kext.

thanks

You can find the audio kext at the same place.

I'm not sure. Try fix your setup first. Get rid all unnecessary kexts like nullcpupowermanagement.

Kizwan, I fixed the setup, removed all foreign kexts, and reinstal 10.6.7 update. I used your boot files and smbios.

This time all video kexts were loaded as you can see from the dumps. However, I still have only HDMI working.

I attached the dumps.

Will greatly appreciate your help to get LVDS working . Thanks a lot!!! :angry:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Peregrine%20dump.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Shrike%20dump.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Vervet%20dump.ioreg

Kizwan, I fixed the setup, removed all foreign kexts, and reinstal 10.6.7 update. I used your boot files and smbios.

This time all video kexts were loaded as you can see from the dumps. However, I still have only HDMI working.

I attached the dumps.

Will greatly appreciate your help to get LVDS working . Thanks a lot!!! :(

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Peregrine%20dump.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Shrike%20dump.ioreg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24426032/Vervet%20dump.ioreg

That's more like it. OK, there is one person told me he/she got internal LCD screen with resolution 1920x1080 working (have the same notebook as mine, Dell Studio 1557). Please try this standard boot file:-

boot.standard.0x9480.shrike.zip

This is standard boot file compiled from trunk. I only set your graphic card to use Shrike framebuffer in this boot file.

Hi kizman! Help me please with my graphics card! I have a ATI Radeon Mobility 4570 512 mb on a notebook ASUS k40ad. On a laptop only output the VGA and LVDS with a maximum resolution of 1366x768. I tried to use your framebuffer but apparently it does not work for me. Please tell me what I need to do to get my card working? Could you tell me more as I get radeondump? I'll be very grateful for your help!

That's more like it. OK, there is one person told me he/she got internal LCD screen with resolution 1920x1080 working (have the same notebook as mine, Dell Studio 1557). Please try this standard boot file:-

This is standard boot file compiled from trunk. I only set your graphic card to use Shrike framebuffer in this boot file.

Kizwan if you look at the radeondump of the person who got the fullhd panel working on 4650 you see he set 02 00 TR/ENC values but it's radeonhd log said "mapping dig2 on uniphyE". DIG2 should be 01, mine says DIG1 and should be 00.

It did not work. But we already tried several boot files and framebuffurers.... :)

Kizwan if you look at the radeondump of the person who got the fullhd panel working on 4650 you see he set 02 00 TR/ENC values but it's radeonhd log said "mapping dig2 on uniphyE". DIG2 should be 01, mine says DIG1 and should be 00.

May I know who is the person got his/her 4650 & full HD screen working (fully working)? I already tested transmitter 0x02 with two notebooks but none of them works. However, the second person who have the same notebook as mine but with full HD LCD able to get it working with transmitter 0x12. Actually he/she just use my first patched ATIFramebuffer.kext which use different encoder than the one stated in the RadeonHD's log. Almost all notebooks use LVDS for internal LCD panel but looks like not all use the same technology. As for now, based on the test conducted, the encoder & transmitter are not important as long as the link are not conflicted with each other, e.g LVDS vs. HDMI. What important are ControlFlags & senseid.

It did not work. But we already tried several boot files and framebuffurers.... :)

The boot file does work right? but only HDMI is working right?

Based on this success report, I'm going to sent you a patched ATIFramebuffer.kext for you to test. I'll sent it in 30 minutes.

Help somebody please deal with what I need to start I'm trying to follow these steps

2- radeondump tool from bbc9

launch Terminal & type ./radeondump < your_videobios.rom > connector.txt

but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Advice please with what I need to start and where to go next?

@almuras,

It's a long shot but please test this ATIFramebuffer.kext: 10.6.7_ATIFramebuffer_for_0x9480.zip

Kizwan, unfortunately the new framebuffer gave black screens for VGA, LVDS and HDMI.

I got an idea, I replaced ATIRadeonx2000.kext with the one from lion and I got blue screen on lvds!!! I have snow leopard as a background, in a couple of minutes blue screen was replaced with completely smudged leopard screen (similar to RadeonHD. kext, which never worked for me). No, I heard that the framebuffer and controller for lion are different. Can I paste Shrike code into it? What is the right way to do this?

Thanks for all your help!

Any news on VAIO laptops? As I said I have a 4650 in a VAIO FW 4650 (full HD LVDS) and can't get it to work, I get no signal... :)

Exact same thing here. Vaio VGN FW4(custom, from Sony's website in Germany), with Mobility Radeon 4650 1GB, 1080p display.

I am checking this thread and two other threads 3, 4 times a day. I am in a desperate situation. I need full res and QE/CI for some OS X and iOS development.

Work on these radeons is much appreciated by all of us. I hope I'm not too melodramatic but I feel so helpless, I can only sit and wait because I don't have any spare time(graduation thesis).

I hope a final solution which works for all of us is coming soon.

Best of wishes

I think the kext or one of the ATI kexts is not loaded. Please check.

The kext is not loaded, but when it is loaded, I have black screens, and no VNC (that how I know it is loaded)

I installed Lion video kexts, with them I have both HDMI and VGA full support!! :) but LVDS still not working properly, sometimes its black sometimes blue or white with smudges :) .

The kext is not loaded, but when it is loaded, I have black screens, and no VNC (that how I know it is loaded)

You should be able to connected remotely via VNC. If you unable to connected remotely via VNC, it means something wrong is going on, usually some kexts is not loaded.

You should be able to connected remotely via VNC. If you unable to connected remotely via VNC, it means something wrong is going on, usually some kexts is not loaded.

I finally tested the new framebuffer. The interesting thing, I could see HDMI screen via VNC. Unfortunately all screens remained black.