EasyBCD broke my OSX ethernet!

testerooni

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

I've got a Dell Vostro 200 desktop that has a working Win7 partition. I've successfully installed OSX 10.6.6 with iATKOS S3 V2 + updates via Apple to a second partition. I used the IntelE1000e.kext to get my onboard ethernet port working. Everything was working great - I rebooted several times and had internet each time.

So I did the

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

to make the Win 7 partition primary/did startup repair in Win 7/ installed and ran EasyBCD and now can successfully dual boot. However, when I go to the OSX partition, I can't get internet. OSX reports that it see the ethernet card, but the cable's unplugged (it's not) and if I switch to WIN7 the internet is fine.

From what I gather, windows is locking the ethernet card pre-boot (since EasyBCD uses windows boot manager) and making it so the OSX partition can't use the locked ethernet card.

Any help would be appreciated.