[HowTo] Working Audio fix for Sigmatel 9220, Sigmatel 9752/53, SiS 7012

wtcnbrwndo4u

120 posts in this topic

Dell XPS 1210 HDD FUBAR....

Yesterday I decided to move my osx86 to the laptops internal HDD so to do that I partition magic'ed the Dell media direct partition and freed some space on the previous one so that I had almost 15 GiB of free space. I then shrunk the partiton and created the new partiotn for OSX. Booted the JAs 10.4.8 and started installation but was unable to format the partion OSX to HFS+ from FAT32. Kept trying and what did it I dont know.

Then fixed my cpus=1 and platform=osx86pc in com.apple.boot.plist. then fixed Broadcom 440x. I then reinstalled some apps and ran HDA patcher for the audio. Now I wanted to boot xp as primary so I decided to make xp partion active and use chain0 to boot. All was good till this point [from here on I suffered to my laziness and Instead of two minutes work I am now writing this post.] I could do it with windows 98 bootable cd with fdisk within 2 minutes but I dont know why I popped in xP Intallation cd and I dont know what in the world made me run the windows setup in repair mode. It kept on running for two hows and just was stuck on Installing Devices. I restarted I again took more than an hour and got stuck. I just thought of swithing off bluetooth and then restarted the setup and this time it was the trick that did it. Setup was done and everything running and the time was 6 AM and this all had started happening at 1 AM [i didnt sleep]. Now for some fun I decide dto make more space on mac partion so i deleted it from disk management and then did increase some space. This time I was unable to format It to HFS+ and I kept on trying and and trying. Tried almost every thing and in the meanwhile I dozed off at 11 AM. Woke up at 2:30 PM had some lunch. Then decided to look for some utility to format Fat32 to HFS. Downloaded Macdrive 6. Installed and restarted the computer and then right clicked the partion to format to HFS+ and selected format and then came the blue lightning strike the BSOD and everything froze for a moment and then the computer rebooted and when I passed BIOS all was FUBARed on the HDD. Warning beeps with ERROR "NO BOOT LOADER PRESENT PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE F2 TO RUN SETUP and F5 TO RUN DIAGNOSTICS"

Ran diags. It showed HDD test fail with error code 2000-01426.

Called dell and also called my local vendor to enquire the prices of the 2.5 inch SATA HDD for my laptop. Dell representative told the whole {censored} they are told in Tech training [i also worked in DELL tech support for EMEA for five months just to see how they do it.] No use calling dell But I sure will renew my warranty and get my HDD replaced as soon as I have money or maybe I will not. I removed the HDD from the laptop. Searched for the SATA IDE cable and power adapter from my old motherboard. Found it in first attempt. Then I hooked It upto my Desktop. I was not able to create PRIMARY or EXTENDED partions but was able to create some new types which showed in brown color named SIMPLE types in Disk management. Back to laptop same error no boot devices present. It even failed to boot from cd. Decided to run low level format as the last resort. Downloaded a utility and ran it. It took more than 1 hour and I had somthing to work with. Put it back in laptop and voila this time it booted from xp cd. Created a 20 GiB partion and Installed windows and well. All ran perfectly bu on running the daigs I get the same failure code.

Now I am writing this post for my blog on my laptop with the same HDD FUBAR revived.

I dont know what happened and would be thankful to every one and any one who enlightens me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

megamachine

• 3 weeks later...

sorry this may be a stupid question, but how do i find out the device and vendor info for my sigmatel audio card. im not sure what im doing wrong i followed all the guidelines. should i put that info into the kext similarly to how to get networking done. better question, can anyone tell me what the device/vendor info is for the dell dimension 5150. i see people had success with this computer but i still can't . whats going on

if anyone can help me that would be great!

hi

here is the driver for sigmatel 9220

The information for the sound card is as follows:-Vendor ID: 8384Device ID: 7680

install this driver on leopard or tiger then repair disk permissions using disk utility.

reboot

you will get the sound from the blue output jack

Sigmatel9220Audio.Support.pkg.zip

is there any way to change the output jack if anybody know pls help.

:)

pls reply if this pkg is working for you

This worked perfectly for me on my Kalyway 10.5.1 installation. Had to plug into the black output jack to get sound.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to report lack of success in getting my internal Sigmatel STAC9200 to work. I've tried all of the 3 versions of AppleHDA.kext attached above and followed the instructions correctly. "No output devices found" in all cases.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.6 (JaS) on a Dell Inspiron 1525. Should I upgrade to a newer version of the OS or are there other kexts I could try?

• 3 weeks later...
right ladies, im a noob myself but it worked for me so ill just share eh, i did exactly as the page 1 method sayed

"

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).

2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).

3. Open Terminal

4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

5. Type "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

6. Open up Disk Utility

7. Choose the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should start up. It may or may not fix things... Mine didn't repair anything, but I did is as a precaution.

8. Reboot.

9. Open up System Preferences/Sound to confirm audio. I have both output and input, but I have to check inputs.

10. My audio is coming out of the subwoofer port (black). I would try all of them if it doesn't work with black.

"

after this i wanted my hi def sound working, so i can across this page

- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

and downloaded the HDApatcher v1.16, then went to

- http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

and downloaded the codec dump named "codec_sigma9220.txt"

i put the HDApatcher in System/Librarys/Extensions then dragged and dropped the codec dump file on the patcher icon, followed the instructions and rebooted once it told me to and hey presto, i have the audio comming out the green terminal :)

let me know how yous all get on

Pee_riz.

woohoo worked on my e510

thanks for the info

I hate to bother any of yall guyz on this...but I need help ..I installed Kalyway Ico Leopard 10.5.1 and have no sound on a Dell XPS 410 with a Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio .I hook up a monster OPT cable to the back of my recever and computer.Dont get it what is Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio? Is it Sigmatel STAC9220 C-Major HD Audio or what please HELP... :)

post-213394-1208540143.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother this forum aswell!

I-m a total newbie on this.. this is my first install of osx86...

i am running a pentium D 820 on a 945GNT motherboard and a BFG 8800GTS 320mb video card

I installed the kalyway 10.5.2 dvd and everything went fine, except for the firewire connections and the Sigmatel 9220 onboard audio

i tried both the AppleHDA.kext.zip method

and the Sigmatel9220Audio.Support.1.pkg

as well as taruga codec dumps

and none of them working

..i've been doing so many permission repairs on the disk utility... that i know it takes exactly about 2 minutes 46 seconds for them to finish on my system :(

thanks in advance to everyone!

• 3 months later...
Reporting full success with this kext on my Intel D945GNT mobo (Sigmatel 9220), running 10.4.6. Sound out from the blue jack. Also have 2 sound inputs, "internal mic" and line in, haven't tested either.

Thanks!

Well sir you are very lucky indeed...however I am nowhere near as successful, maybe its because im running

10.5.2, or just because something else is wrong with my install... any other method I've tried has failed...

• 3 weeks later...

NOT succesfull using this AppleHDA.kext to enable sound on Sis 70121039 in Leopard 10.5.4 using Toh 9.2.0 kernel on an AMD Athlon +3000 SSE2 only rig ! Have also tried the SiS7012 zip containing adapted AppleAC97Audio.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext, which USED to work nicely on Tiger but do not on Leopard. I keep on trying ! Any Suggestions ? :(

• 1 month later...

:P I am reporting success too.Sound is coming from back port not from green. At first time sound came crystal clear but after some time it started distorting. If u have solution for that also let us know. Though very happy to get sound now all things are working beside my Netgear Lan card WG 311v3 . Thanks :P

My hardware configuration is-

Intel Original 945GCL, Intel Core2Duo E6300, 2 GB Transcend 667, Sigmatel audio 9220,400 GB Hard Disk

• 1 month later...

You lad, are a life saver. I've just spent the last 7 hours trying to figure out this sound problem. I was all most ready to wip OS X off my PC when loan be hold here is this masterful page. You got my sound working on my Dell Dimension 5150. Works out of the Subwoofer pipe but who cares? Thank you man!

• 2 months later...
Hey all... I've got success with the audio issue. I have a Sigmatel 9220.

BTW, my VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680, which is 9220. This was done on 10.4.7. It should work all the way back to 10.4.3 though.

Continuing. Here's the process. I made it easy and complete step-by-step for people new at it.

1. Download AppleHDA.kext from 10.4.3 (attached in zip format).

2. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions/ and replace original (backup would be a good idea).

3. Open Terminal

4. Type "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

5. Type "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

6. Open up Disk Utility

7. Choose the "Repair Disk Permissions" button. It should start up. It may or may not fix things... Mine didn't repair anything, but I did is as a precaution.

8. Reboot.

9. Open up System Preferences/Sound to confirm audio. I have both output and input, but I have to check inputs.

10. My audio is coming out of the subwoofer port (black). I would try all of them if it doesn't work with black.

Output is stereo only. I'm getting 5.1 audio only because I have a specific adapter that converts a 5.1 analog connection (green, yellow, black) to a stereo analog connection (green). I recieved this adapter with my speakers (Dell 5650 5.1 speakers). You should be able to find this adapter elsewhere though.

On top of that, the audio card will NOT show up in System Profiler, but works still.

That's it.

wtcnbrwndo4u

CONFIRMED INSTANCES:

Sigmatel 9220: VendorID - 8384/DevID - 7680

SiS 7012: VendorID - 1039/DevID - 7012

Sigmatel 9752/53: VendorID - 8384/DevID - 7652h

SYSTEMS THAT HAVE THESE CHIPSETS:

Sigmatel 9220: Dell Dimension 5100/9100/5150/9150/XPS 400/E510 (5150 & E510 are the same, XPS 400 & 9150 are the same)

SiS 7012: Sony Vaio GRT996ZP

Sigmatel 9752/53: Dell Inspiron 6000

Another working system is the XPS M1210, however I haven't recieved a VendorID/DevID for it yet.

EDIT: Included confirmations and systems that carry the chipsets.

hi there, well i have problems with the sound obviously, i tryied a lot of different alc888 kext but i didn`t succed fixing the problem.....well, the thing is that i follow all the steps mentioned above but noup, no sound, i don`t know what else to do i`ve been trying for a whole month to fix this problem i`m going crazyyy, please can you help me??

i don`t know the specifications of my vendor and id but here`s a screenshot of them and a screenshot of what appears in my hackintosh...

mi computer specs are...

MoBo: ECS GF7100/7050PVT-M3

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (512 MB)

RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 800Mhz

LAN: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (192.168.10.2)

Audio: SigmaTel 92HD206X @ nVIDIA MCP73 - High Definition Audio Controller

HDD: SAMSUNG HD322HJ (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

DVDRW: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15

screen of mac..

http://i43.tinypic.com/18j6eo.jpg

screen of the device manager of xp..

http://i40.tinypic.com/24v1id2.jpg

hi there, well i have problems with the sound obviously, i tryied a lot of different alc888 kext but i didn`t succed fixing the problem.....well, the thing is that i follow all the steps mentioned above but noup, no sound, i don`t know what else to do i`ve been trying for a whole month to fix this problem i`m going crazyyy, please can you help me??

i don`t know the specifications of my vendor and id but here`s a screenshot of them and a screenshot of what appears in my hackintosh...

mi computer specs are...

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40Ghz

RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 800Mhz

Audio: SigmaTel 92HD206X @ nVIDIA MCP73 - High Definition Audio Controller

HDD: SAMSUNG HD322HJ (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

DVDRW: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15

screen of mac..

http://i43.tinypic.com/18j6eo.jpg

screen of the device manager of xp..

http://i40.tinypic.com/24v1id2.jpg

Heeeeeyyy please i need help, come on guysss, i really want my audio to workkk!!

• 4 months later...
Heeeeeyyy please i need help, come on guysss, i really want my audio to workkk!!

hello very good at all ..

disorder

It seems to have almost the same hardware configuration to run the installation of Mac OS X on our pc, my problem is as follows ..

when I start the installation from the cd just seems to me that the burden pantaya installation to start with Mac OS X, when I said that precione any key to start the installation was looking for and will not start with the installation, if highly support could tell me the bios settings correct in order to start the installation with that eh really looking for the web and not eh and hard and achieved nothing more than 2 months trying to install the system on my mobo and could not eh ..

I hope it is not much trouble to me ..

my computer specs are...

CPU: Intel pentium d 925 @ 3.0Ghz

RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 667Mhz

Audio: IDT High Definition Audio Driver

HDD: Seagate barracuda (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

DVDRW: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM SATA

I hope your answer ..

having a good day all -

hello very good at all ..

disorder

It seems to have almost the same hardware configuration to run the installation of Mac OS X on our pc, my problem is as follows ..

when I start the installation from the cd just seems to me that the burden pantaya installation to start with Mac OS X, when I said that precione any key to start the installation was looking for and will not start with the installation, if highly support could tell me the bios settings correct in order to start the installation with that eh really looking for the web and not eh and hard and achieved nothing more than 2 months trying to install the system on my mobo and could not eh ..

I hope it is not much trouble to me ..

my computer specs are...

CPU: Intel pentium d 925 @ 3.0Ghz

RAM: 2x1GB DDR2 667Mhz

Audio: IDT High Definition Audio Driver

HDD: Seagate barracuda (160 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

DVDRW: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM SATA

I hope your answer ..

having a good day all -

• 5 months later...

icon13.gifEVERYONE!icon13.gif

IF you have Dev/Vend ID of 8384/7680, and the original post did NOT work for you... (It didn't for me)

Use the codec dump attached to this message with this AppleHDA Patcher..

Simply save the .txt file and download the patcer, then drag the .txt on to the app

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/Taruga/Patchers/

You'll have to try your hand at different versions of Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher. Try 1.20 first (Should work right off with 1.20 if you have Leopard) and work your way up.

ALL Output/Input jacks on the system are working!! :)

codec_Sigma9220.txt

• 6 months later...
after this i wanted my hi def sound working, so i can across this page

- http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

and downloaded the HDApatcher v1.16, then went to

- http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/

and downloaded the codec dump named "codec_sigma9220.txt"

i put the HDApatcher in System/Librarys/Extensions then dragged and dropped the codec dump file on the patcher icon, followed the instructions and rebooted once it told me to and hey presto, i have the audio comming out the green terminal :)

let me know how yous all get on

Pee_riz.

That's the key, man.... Trust me...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hi

here is the driver for sigmatel 9220

The information for the sound card is as follows:-Vendor ID: 8384Device ID: 7680

install this driver on leopard or tiger then repair disk permissions using disk utility.

reboot

you will get the sound from the blue output jack

Sigmatel9220Audio.Support.pkg.zip

is there any way to change the output jack if anybody know pls help.

:)

pls reply if this pkg is working for you

Thanks it works on my intel pentium4, sigmatel audio in. Im writing this in my hackintosh and listen acdc. thanks :):P:D:D:D:D