ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

@mrheat

Why try when I specifically say that when the card is not mentioned as supported, that it won't work?

Every card has a subvendor ID, if the card is not in the list of supported vendor ID's, the driver quits.

@all

Btw, there have been 60 downloads of the driver and no one has bothered to donate. Perhaps I should offer people a copy of my upcoming audio sequencer when they donate 25 euro or more? ;)

There is a new version of the Envy24HT driver on my site at http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/ .

Version 0.2.0 fixes the ESI Juli@ issue with repeating sound when stopping playback.

It may also fix an interrupt sharing problem, but I can not reproduce the problem myself, let alone the fix!

Note that you should reboot after installing this driver, otherwise you might end up having no sound at all.

Let me know if this fixes the problem where USB stops working and if this fixes your Juli@ issues.

Currently at 75 downloads, 1 donation...

I am already happy with 5 euro donations really! :laser:

Hi audiodriverwriter, does your driver work with both 10.4 and 10.5? Looking forward to audiophile 2496 support. Thank you!

I am not sure. I have 10.5 but selected to compile with compatibility for 10.4, but I can't test it. Anyway here running the driver under 10.4?

Yesterday I put in my M-Audio Delta 44 so I can start with Envy24 support, including the 2496. Oh, and thanks for the donation, much appreciated! :-)

Thanks!

After some anxious moments flashing my 7950GT ROM and the computer not wanting to start (beeping etc), I now have it working with full hardware acceleration. I can finally run in 1280x1024 and this is the first time I saw AE5 performing well graphically on OSX. Phew!

Now back to coding that Envy24 driver...

audiodriverwriter, you are doing a great job.

I also have M-Audio Delta 1010 Audio Card(Pci):

ModelBrand M-AUDIO

Model Delta 1010

Audio coreAudio Chipset VIA ENVY24

Sample Rate 96KHz

Digital Audio24-bitSNR-109 dB (A/D), -117dB (D/A)

How can i put this to work? Please i need it to work for music production!

So one thing i will tell you, i can be you beta tester. And as i need this to work, you can be sure that i will DONATE and it wont be 5 euros!

I' m from Portugal.

So continue your work, PLEASE.

Thank You

@arqui

If that is a 1010LT (the version with the PCI card, not the 19" module), then you'll have a driver within a week I guess!

Last night I ported my Envy24 code to OSX. The driver fails for some reason when it starts, but I didn't have more time to find out why. Hopefully I will have a beta version in a couple of days with support for:

M-Audio 24/96, 44, 66, 1010LT and Terratec Phase88.

@arqui

If that is a 1010LT (the version with the PCI card, not the 19" module), then you'll have a driver within a week I guess!

Last night I ported my Envy24 code to OSX. The driver fails for some reason when it starts, but I didn't have more time to find out why. Hopefully I will have a beta version in a couple of days with support for:

M-Audio 24/96, 44, 66, 1010LT and Terratec Phase88.

That would be awsome, mine is a 1010 but with 19" module with 8 in/8 out with no pre's, but i think that the driver is the same.

Well indeed it is the same, i saw in M-Audio site that it is the same version for the 1010LT and mine the 1010 with 19" rack, so it will probably work!

And also the 44 and 66 have the same driver... so...

Thanks ;)

That would be awsome, mine is a 1010 but with 19" module with 8 in/8 out with no pre's, but i think that the driver is the same.

Well indeed it is the same, i saw in M-Audio site that it is the same version for the 1010LT and mine the 1010 with 19" rack, so it will probably work!

Thanks ;)

I think there will be a small difference, at least in subvendor ID. I wouldn't be surprised anyway, but I'm sure we'll get it to work.

I think there will be a small difference, at least in subvendor ID. I wouldn't be surprised anyway, but I'm sure we'll get it to work.

Oh yes of course subvendor ID is different! No doubt's that you will get it to work.!!! :blowup:;)

I also have M-Audio 1010 with 19" rack module.

Osx86 Tools Utility reports:

09:03.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller [1412:1712] (rev 02)

Great work audiodriverwriter!.

I also have M-Audio 1010 with 19" rack module.

Osx86 Tools Utility reports:

09:03.0 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712 [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller [1412:1712] (rev 02)

Great work audiodriverwriter!.

Nice one! But does it work? How? With wich driver?

No arqui ...

If you read the entire post I'm waiting for audiodriverwriter finish the envy24 driver.

Just give it subsystem ID that I have and full support.

Ah ok sorry! Better days will come! :):);)

No luck today. I can't get my hackintosh PC to get to the BIOS screen anymore. There seems to be something wrong with the MB or gfx slot since changing gfx cards also doesn't work. :(

Oh.. Thats not good news!

Thanks, but it seems to be just broken. I get one long beep and 2 short beeps after that, which is a gfx card failure. But the gfx card works in my other computer and another gfx card also gives the same problems. I've removed memory modules and my sound cards. I'm going to try to find a similar board. Any recommendations for a socket 939 AMD3800+ board with working ethernet on osx86?

Thanks, but it seems to be just broken. I get one long beep and 2 short beeps after that, which is a gfx card failure. But the gfx card works in my other computer and another gfx card also gives the same problems. I've removed memory modules and my sound cards. I'm going to try to find a similar board. Any recommendations for a socket 939 AMD3800+ board with working ethernet on osx86?

Cant help you... i'm a INTEL man! :(:wallbash:

Any recommendations for a socket 939 AMD3800+ board with working ethernet on osx86?

not sure about ethernet,

I have MSI k8n neo2-fx mobo with amd 3000+ s939

but for ethernet I have d-link dfe520-tx, and not tested nforce lan

also it has agp (not pci-e) and has some issues during installation and post-install configuring (appleNForceATA must be 1.0.2 but not 1.0.3 or newer, working SMBIOS is vanilla+enabler, ntfs.kext from fresh installation not working and must be removed in single user mode - using ntfs3g, usb kb and mouse not working - using ps/2)

better to find some nf4 ultra board with pci-e (dfe or abit) and nforce4 ethernet. but you need power off your computer (unplug powercable from psu) after windows boot before mac os boot for nforce ethernet kext working (and edit info.plist for your dev-id).